Skip to content

Post your party pictures here, with brief summary of the general idea

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
Hey, there are a *lot* of threads being made about party ideas for IWD:EE. I'm finding that I'd like to share some of my parties, with pictures, and general summaries, without commiting myself to fully journaling my runs publicly, or any lengthy discussions about it.

This thread is for sharing your parties, with pictures, that excite you and engage you. We will invite *brief* interchanges about ideas for improvements, although, if this idea catches on, it will be perfectly fine to discuss in greater depth.

The main idea, here, though, is to share pictures and summaries. If anyone is intrigued by a forumite's party idea and pictures, he or she may want to copy-paste the op and pictures, and start a new thread dedicated to that one party idea.

In order to keep the thread manageably loadable in various browsers and on various machines, PLEASE put your screenies in spoiler tags.

So, without further ado, here are my first two IWD:EE parties:

My Order of the Stick party. It's kind of self-explanatory what the general idea is. I still haven't decided whether to concentrate on this one first, or on my next, self-insert four member Might and Magic party. Right now, I'm leaning towards the four member M&M party. But, here's the OotS:

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Here's my M&M party. The four of us are based on the character sets I use when I play M&M6, and M&M7. The cleric is me. The other three are, in this particular incarnation, named after three of my favorite actors who would make good castings of my interpretations of my favorite M&M character sets. Suzie the Berserker is based on Suzie Plakson as the female Q from Star Trek, and also Worf's baby momma from Star Trek, and can also be Aribeth from NWN as a pally, although right now I have her as berserker. Zach the Fighter-Thief is based on "Zach Attack" from Big Brother 16 in my current casting of him. He is the goofy "Chalk one more up for the big guy" guy from M&M 6, and prefers to stay shirtless, just because he's too sexy for his shirt, but will put on leather if he must. Justin is currently being played by Justin Bartha, but can also be "Justin" from "Queer as Folk" if I care to make him a blonde. He's the guy with the green archer's outfit from M&M 6, and the blonde elf from M&M 7.

imageimageimageimage

Btw, I've discovered that "hard" difficulty with a strong four-member party like my M&M party may paradoxically make the game *easier*, because of the 50% xp bonus, combined with the small-party xp bonus.

So far, I'm thinking IWD:EE is like, the most awesome thing ever. ;)

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @Nonnahswriter‌ I love that game! It's good stuff. If you dual Shana to cleric, how will she be able to use her bow?
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Nimran said:

@Nonnahswriter‌ I love that game! It's good stuff. If you dual Shana to cleric, how will she be able to use her bow?

I'd probably cheat with EEKeeper. XD
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Garfiesl said:

Pirates!

Planning to dual Mr Two-Brains over to mage at some point. I'm currently in Dragon's Eye; was a bit of a hassle so far, but it's startin to smooth out.
    Buttsmutt? ~.^
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    For some reason, I get the feeling @JLee‌'s Archer's name is "I came from the Matrix" in spanish ("vine del Matrix")...... Is it just me?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @deltago gets best shorty party bonus points.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    CrevsDaak said:

For some reason, I get the feeling @JLee‌'s Archer's name is "I came from the Matrix" in spanish ("vine del Matrix")...... Is it just me?

Wow...I wish I could say that was true. That's a great alternate explanation!

She is named after the star Epsilon Virginis, Vindemiatrix. This is the star traditionally associated with the grape harvest and wine making :D

Vindemiatrix is also a very good guide star to the Virgo Galaxy Cluster, a very mind-bending sight in a telescope.

But, "I came from the Matrix" is what I'll think of from now on :)
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @Kenji
    Loving the undead theme! :D

Where'd you manage to snag those convenient portraits?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Kenji said:

My totally lore-breaking Undead Party:
    [spoiler=Lich Sorceress]image
    [/spoiler][spoiler=Skeleton Knight]image
    [/spoiler][spoiler=Wight Squire]image
    [/spoiler][spoiler=Zombie Archer]image
    [/spoiler][spoiler=Undead Priest]image
    [/spoiler][spoiler=Ghoul Rogue]image
    [/spoiler]

The only way I can think of the whole town not turning hostile towards the party is..

The lich uses much of her energy to maintain the whole party's disguise with illusions and avoid detection spells.

How does one go about turning creatures into characters? I wouldn't mind adding a minotaur berserker to my party.

Also, is it wrong that I think the lich sorceress is kinda hot?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

How does one go about turning creatures into characters? I wouldn't mind adding a minotaur berserker to my party.

You can use EEKeeper to change the appearance of the character to that of any creature in the game, including a minotaur. You can change the race, too, but that might screw things up with items and/or skills (but it might not, depending).
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited November 2014
    Parties crafted with love!
    Here's my HoF one:

[spoiler=Fighter Mage Thief]image[/spoiler][spoiler=Berserker Cleric]image[/spoiler][spoiler=Cleric Ranger]image[/spoiler][spoiler=Sorcerer]image[/spoiler][spoiler=Archer]image[/spoiler][spoiler=Skald]image[/spoiler]
    So, it's designed for maximum efficiency hence the high ability scores.
    So far, it performs very well. But so does everything with Web and Animate Dead.
    Post edited by Abel on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited November 2014
    @Abel , Holy min-max, Batman! LOL

Kidding aside, I guess you have to do that if you want to try HoF from level one. Nice party and pics. :)

EDIT: Btw, I love your skald portrait choice. I just noticed today that that sword behind him is only vaguely hinted at in shadow, and that the actual main hand gear shown on his person is a big arse horn! Horn skalds of the world, unite! Given that our principal horn player in the Chattanooga Symphony wears his hair long and braided, credits Star Wars music for his career choice, and is just an awesomely cool guy all around, I have come to think of all pro French horn players as skalds. :)
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    @TvrtkoSvrdlar They're mostly from Deviant art, I'll edit the post with the original artists' link to 'em. Some of them are either original artworks or from MTG.

@SharGuidesMyHand You're not alone on that! Well, I kind of imagined the Lich's distorted face being the real look while the body is but an illusion to fool the common folks.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @Frond
    Man, that sounds like such a fun way to spend an afternoon or two...

RP can be awesome if a cool idea like that presents itself to you.

I love the part about keeping the tiefling in the middle of the circle, and not giving him weapons/armor!

Also, 98? Wow! How many times did you have to hit that reroll button? :D

@Kenji
    Thanks, I appreciate it. (:
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    @TvrtkoSvrdlar‌

Hah yea the rolling took ages. I actually ended up skipping two other mid ninty rlls because my eyes were getting tired.
  • Gulthias_AmarsonGulthias_Amarson Member Posts: 28
    No pics yet, too busy playing to take screenies.

Doing a playthrough using BG2 Tweaks, and, on top of it, using EEKeeper to make some of these class combo's actually possible. The party itself doesn't have a name, which is a shame, because it's easily one of the more interesting parties I've put together.

Slot One: Marnamos Runehelm, Lawful Good Dwarf Dwarven Defender/Cleric. (He's actually a Paladin of Moradin, but since that isn't a thing...I had to improvise.)

Slot Two: Danithiel Al'ethori, Chaotic Good Elf Fighter/Mage. (Danithiel's bio states she's a Bladesinger, which, as I'm sure all of you know, is a fancy word for Elven Badass.)

Slot Three: Lady Melissa Tirford, Lawful Good Human Fighter/Cleric of Helm. (I had to pick up AoE to ensure she's actually able to use a bastard sword, the favored weapon of Helm.)

Slot Four: The Watcher in Black, True Neutral Human Necromancer/Cleric. (The Watcher in Black is a Deadwatcher of Jergal, the former god of being an evil jackass. However, now that Jergal isn't really a Greater Deity of Strife and Murder and Death, his priesthood has gone from being really terrible people to being...less terrible people.)

Slot Five: Scarlet Reincourt, Chaotic Good Human Fighter/Assassin. (Scarlet has had the least amount of tweaking done to her.)

My current sixth slot is occupied by:

Slot Six: Fulthip "Kneecapper" Blastnose, Chaotic Good Gnome Fighter/Assassin.

However, the slot used to be filled with:

Slot Six: Thurk Rageblood, Neutral Good Half-Orc Barbarian/Druid.
  • PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2014
    Lawful Neutral Party.

1. Wizardslayer (1st Class) / Mage (2nd Class) Dual Class Human LN (Traitor to his own sect) main arcane caster

2. Bounty Hunter Halfling LN Traps and other thieving stuff

3. Jester Human LN Arcane spells backup and archer

4. Kensai Gnome LN DPS Machine

5. Totemic Druid Half-Elf TN support and buff healing

6 Priest of Lathander Dwarf TN primary healer and buffs
  • GarfieslGarfiesl Member Posts: 4
    PentiumD said:

Lawful Neutral Party.

1. Wizardslayer (1st Class) / Mage (2nd Class) Dual Class Human LN (Traitor to his own sect) main arcane caster

Is it even possible to write scrolls as WS?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited November 2014

Agelar, a 10 lvl elf duskblade, hits an ettin with critical hit through Darkened Glory katana +2 with chanelled Shocking Grasp. Due to critical, ettin gets cursened and then another critical from Wakizame, a 10th lvl half-orc kensai. These are my two main damage dealers and my pride.
    Agelar in particular role fits role of fighter\thief in my party, doing high damage but with mediocre defenses, like Wakizame, they are not hardy in HOF unlike normal game. Still can't find out if +5% bonus from Darkened Glory to critical stacks with passive bonus from dual wielding. But criticals gets now more regular.
    But that's nothing but a scrath to my enemy, because in beginning of chapter four I got pretty bored (whole game becomes quite easier once you learn haste and stoneskin) and check "Heart of Fury" mode on. Well see how thins turns out, are my party good enough for HOF or gets ashamed and diminished to simply Insane mode? Interesting!

Other party members are:
    Taggert, a 10 lvl pure paladin, quick Lay on Hands, and DUHM on himself, waiting for Pale Justice, 8\10

Rearden 7lvl bers > 12 druid. He gets his dual surprisingly quickly because of enourmous exp reward in Dragon's Eye on Insane. He can tank in stoneskin and entropy shield, casts eveyday barskin on kensai, and casts Entangled on smaller enemies, after that spike thorns and such. I'll give him 8\10

Sky, a 9th lvl figter\mage focused on daggers. These weapons are pretty good in this game, especcialy Mage daggers and Spinesheath with +5 THAC0 bonus. She is pretty ordinary gish, casting Haste on friends and Webs on enemies. Robe of Enfusing fits her perfectly.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    edited November 2014
    Posted this a long time ago, but...

Sigrid, chaotic evil female elf barbarian, party leader. Foundling of the Uthgardt barbarians. She's not a very good person, but she was abused as a child, so people who abuse women and children make her mad. Being a barbarian, you wouldn't like her when she's mad. Is currently something of a walking fantasy stereotype, since her fancy new bracers mean she's no longer wearing armor.

Ishild, lawful evil female human blackguard. Dark knight of Loviatar, sent to Easthaven to investigate a deep well of unimaginable pain from the surrounding area. Hasn't found it yet, but has found many other sources of deep emotional trauma. Sigrid's tendency to beat the shit out of those responsible is becoming annoying, but the piles of dead and wounded the party leaves in its wake makes up for it.

Asbjorn, true neutral male human totem druid. Shaman of the Uthgardt barbarians and Sigrid's more level-headed husband. The calming voice of the group, usually, but "calm" shouldn't be confused with "merciful."

Isaac, chaotic neutral male halfling bounty hunter. Hunter, trapper, and trader from the Ten Towns, liaison between the Uthgardt and the Dale's more civilized residents. Has a bit of a "Tom and Jerry" complex, in that he enjoys turning the tables on those bigger and strong than him more than is probably healthy.

Konrad, neutral evil male human bard. Agent of Loviatar, specializing in information gathering and spreading social discord. Ishild's partner in the Easthaven investigation. Something of a coward when it comes to actual combat, but his words have a power over wounds, so he's not a bad guy to have along in any case.

Gudrun, chaotic evil female human sorceress. Asbjorn's sister, possessed by an ice spirit and rather insane. Loyal, but enigmatic, unstable, and very, very dangerous. Think River Tam with fewer morals.

Will edit later with pictures.