Skip to content

Post your party pictures here, with brief summary of the general idea

Comments

• saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    WoodMan said:

Note: I have no idea how to post pictures in a spoiler tag in these forums :-/ Hope it works

Here is my party, I have complicated house rules for character creation that prevent min/maxing, but at the same time allow a little wriggle room with the stats. I think it makes the character creation process more enjoyabgle to have some control, but to also have to make important decisions (as opposed to roll until high score, chuck all the important stuff up to 18 and go!). It also makes the entire game more enjoyable to have non-perfect characters because spells, items and tactics are more important, but with the little control I have it lets me avoid awful characters and a frustrating game too. That said, my party after completing Vale of Shadows, I'm still on a no-reload run as it stands!

The backgrounds:

Pathfinder is a Ranger, originally a bounty hunter and sellsword from Luskan, who fled the city to live in anoniminity after he made too many powerful enemies. To his surprise he found himself more at home in the wilds and has wandered without a home for many years now, helping find safe paths through the mountains for trade caravans. He commented on some of the members of the latest caravan he guided to Easthaven in his journal:

There is Thomarr, an Uthgardt warrior on a pilgrimage to the temple here in Easthaven. He seeks to learn more about his ancestor the legendary shaman Jarrod and to visit his resting place.

There is Brodir, a Dwarf and a wildsman, an unsual combination to say the least. He is a caravan guard and is more at home in the wilderness than any Dwarf I have met before.

There is Argo, a monk and follower of Ilmater. He is on his way to visit the temple in Kuldahar as part of his pilgrimage across the North.

There is Peony, a Gnomish Illusionist and cheeky little trickster to boot. She has travelled far from her home in the South to search for her eccentric uncle who went missing in what she describes as an "airship incident"... whatever that means.

And finally there is Merla. A druid from a secretive sect who claims to be on an important mission, the details of which she refuses to divulge. I am sure that it has something to do with the recent events in the Dale though. I would question her more, but she has a rather foul temper and I can't deal with another headache right now!

----

As you can probably tell, I like to create RP parties. I'm tryign some strange stuff from a gameplay point of view too, like having a Dwarf Fighter than only uses Quaterstaffs... um, we'll see how that pans out, lol.
    I loved your party. Really cool atmosphere!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:

jackjack said:

Heal/Buff-bot: Tortuga - Neutral Good Dwarf Priest of Tyr (Mace, Flail/Morningstar)

Yo Ho Ho! Shiver me timbers! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!
    I got termites in me legs, yarrrr.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    @BelgarathMTH, I really like your Angelic party! I have similar concept for a party. It's still work in process, but basic idea is that everyone will be dual or multi Cleric. Though I plan to use less known angel names.
  • gjbgjb Member Posts: 12
    WoodMan said:

Note: I have no idea how to post pictures in a spoiler tag in these forums :-/ Hope it works

Here is my party, I have complicated house rules for character creation that prevent min/maxing, but at the same time allow a little wriggle room with the stats. I think it makes the character creation process more enjoyabgle to have some control, but to also have to make important decisions (as opposed to roll until high score, chuck all the important stuff up to 18 and go!). It also makes the entire game more enjoyable to have non-perfect characters because spells, items and tactics are more important, but with the little control I have it lets me avoid awful characters and a frustrating game too. That said, my party after completing Vale of Shadows, I'm still on a no-reload run as it stands!

The backgrounds:

Pathfinder is a Ranger, originally a bounty hunter and sellsword from Luskan, who fled the city to live in anoniminity after he made too many powerful enemies. To his surprise he found himself more at home in the wilds and has wandered without a home for many years now, helping find safe paths through the mountains for trade caravans. He commented on some of the members of the latest caravan he guided to Easthaven in his journal:

There is Thomarr, an Uthgardt warrior on a pilgrimage to the temple here in Easthaven. He seeks to learn more about his ancestor the legendary shaman Jarrod and to visit his resting place.

There is Brodir, a Dwarf and a wildsman, an unsual combination to say the least. He is a caravan guard and is more at home in the wilderness than any Dwarf I have met before.

There is Argo, a monk and follower of Ilmater. He is on his way to visit the temple in Kuldahar as part of his pilgrimage across the North.

There is Peony, a Gnomish Illusionist and cheeky little trickster to boot. She has travelled far from her home in the South to search for her eccentric uncle who went missing in what she describes as an "airship incident"... whatever that means.

And finally there is Merla. A druid from a secretive sect who claims to be on an important mission, the details of which she refuses to divulge. I am sure that it has something to do with the recent events in the Dale though. I would question her more, but she has a rather foul temper and I can't deal with another headache right now!

----

As you can probably tell, I like to create RP parties. I'm tryign some strange stuff from a gameplay point of view too, like having a Dwarf Fighter than only uses Quaterstaffs... um, we'll see how that pans out, lol.
    Where did you get character portraits? They are just what I'm looking for.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I recognize Peony from the IWD2 NPC Project. She must be a favorite of yours. :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sorry, that last comment was for @WoodMan . Can't tag in an edit.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    @Resterian‌ - Those are some great portraits there. I especially like the ones for Cassandra and Elain.

@BelgarathMTH‌ - Love the Santa Claus theme. Never realized Mrs. Claus was such a hottie. ;-)

@WoodMan‌ - Those are some great portraits that really fit in with the IWD style.
  • WoodManWoodMan Member Posts: 10
    @Belgarath: lol, the Christmas themed party is great and that portrait does in-fact have a certain look of Santa Claus about it. I don't think I'll be able to take that portait seriously again now :-D

Peony is a type of flower, thats all, hehe. I notice now it is a name from IWD2 NPC portrait pack too, but I just wanted a flower name for her and Peony came into my head, not realising the connection with the IWD2 NPC project!

I give names with a reason:

-Pathfinder (it is a Ranger nickname, describes what he does)
    -Thomarr (it's just sounds like it could be from the same culture as Jerrod, no other reason)
    -Peony (it's a flower, and females of the small races I think are suited to being named after flowers for some reason)
    -Argo (it is the name of Jason or the Argonauts ship and means "fast and shining" which I thought was suited for a monk since they are fast and I guess holy/shining)
    -Merla is french for crow I think
    -Brodir, just a Dwarf name I used in WoW a long time ago :-p

@Shar: Thanks, I found them all by Google image search for Icewind Dale portraits!

WoodMan said:

-Brodir, just a Dwarf name I used in WoW a long time ago :-p

Also the reputed killer of Brian Boru at the Battle of Clontarf. Fun fact!
    Edited the above post to reflect that I had re-rolled one of the party members.

• Gulthias_AmarsonGulthias_Amarson Member Posts: 28
    Another Party I threw together, this time with a concrete theme that I'm sure @GlorenBronzebeard will appreciate. This party makes use of the SoB mod and a tiny bit of EE keeper tweaking.

Slot 1: Gyan Stoneholme, LG Dwarven Fighter/Cleric (Alaghor of Clangeddin).

Slot 2: Thorin Stoneholme, LG Dwarven Dwarven Defender.

Slot 3: Rurik Stoneholme, NG Dwarven Fighter/Swashbuckler.

Slot 4: Gort Stoneholme, LG Dwarven Kensai/Cleric. (This character is objectively terrifying. I didn't think you do could that much damage in a single round with a warhammer.)

Slot 5: Lurgan Stoneholme, NG Dwarven Marksman/Thief.

Slot 6: Mornthul Stoneholme, NG Dwarven Mage/Monitor of Mystra. (Thunder Blessing came early. Deal with it!)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Santa Claus idea is excellent. It's simply epic.

One fix. He should be a party leader :)
    edited November 2014
    Here is my evil aligned single classes only party. All female, all attitude.
    [spoiler]imageimageimageimageimageimage[\spoiler]
    Post edited by gjb on
    @gjb‌ Remove the spaces in the midst of the spoiler tags, and I think they should work.

Also, I love how you have five characters with sophisticated medieval names, and then "Melissa."

@gjb‌ Remove the spaces in the midst of the spoiler tags, and I think they should work.

Also, I love how you have five characters with sophisticated medieval names, and then "Melissa."

Worked thanks

• kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited November 2014
    the usual cc tactic

malavon fight, he died first but his damn golems are much tougher

ilmadia fight, lure them all to the priest for free healing, but it did'nt help (I play on HOF with no death rule)

and after I beat them and gain good amouts of exp I was so surprised that my jaw drops! So we have hla in iwd or I just messed up game in my override so much?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited November 2014
    My most recent playthrough idea was two characters: a guy who has drank too much Violet Potion...

...And a transmuter.

I've already started the playthrough.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37204/icewind-dale-roleplay-ish-duo-playthrough-the-urisunal-brothers#latest
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    My current party.
    A human paladin - no kit as the kits are useless for a paladin in EE. Using longswords&shields

a dwarven defender - tank in its purest form. Using axes&shields

a human swashbuckler - trap detection a lockpicker (no trap setting at all). Dual-wielding short swords and to be dualed to a mage after reaching chapter 6 (that's when most traps are no longer dangerous),

an elven archer (using longbows). Racial enemy Giants

a half-elf bard (using crossbows). Once again no kit, as the vanilla IWD bard is best that can be. BG2 kits are laughable.

and a half-elf cleric mage (using slings&shields). Pure nuker and buffer at needed.
    image.