Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @geekgirl‌ - For the User Save Data directory, leave off the "/save". Just use "Z:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\" and you don't have to select "custom save location".
    jackjack
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Could I use this to export one of the NPCs to BG2 from 1 or would this create problems? And if it works should I export as a cre file ore chr file. Cre would mean it changes the char before recruiting and char means it changes it after. Imoen would be a problem though since the spellhold cre seems to be a different one than the one in the beginning but I could just edit her XP up.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Darklcoud, under the assumption that you are referring to the Enhanced Editions, yes—it is entirely possible to do. If you really want to do it, then you need to export as a CRE file to the override folder. The main issue you will face is the lack of level adjustment.
    CrevsDaakDarkcloudjackjack
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Does anyone know why each time I use EEkeeper, it asks me for Bg folder? I've already pointed to the folder ten thousand times >.<
    @Scourge, did you install Keeper using the SFX Installer download? If so, did you install it to the default Program Files location?

Ideally, Keeper should be located in a different folder - e.g. in a folder located in Documents or your root drive (i.e. C:\EE Keeper\).
    Scourgejackjacklolien
    @Troodon80

I've installed Eekeeper to:

d:\baldur's gate enhanced edition\
    @Scourge, can you find eekeeper.ini? Can you open it and see what the installation paths are?
    edited December 2014
    @troodon80

[Settings]
    x = 1
    y = 1
    width = 1278
    height = 982
    Install Path = D:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
    Language = lang\en_US\
    Save Directory = C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\
    Custom Save Directory = false
    Current Profile =

Install Path = D:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
    Language = lang\en_US\
    Save Directory = C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\

edited December 2014
    @Scourge, It doesn't look like you have entered a profile name. If you have not entered a profile name, then you can edit the eekeeper.ini file and edit it manually.

Your INI file should look like this:

[Settings] x = 1 y = 1 width = 1278 height = 982 Current Profile = Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition [Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition] Install Path = D:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ Language = lang\en_US\ Save Directory = C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\ Custom Save Directory = false
    Copy and paste this—overwrite what you have—and see if it fixes the issue.

Edit: and ninja'd by @Isaya. :-)
    Scourgejackjacklolien
    edited December 2014
    Thank you to both :)

The thing is that I noticed only now the 'profile' bar and I can't add anything neither use the other button. So without Troodon's ini, I think I would still be in high sea.

Thanks Troodon. Your .ini fixed everything.
    Troodon80lolien
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Another seemingly simple fix/feature request:

Please let me load multiplayer Black Pits (that is, Black Pits saves of the multiplayer variety) in EEKeeper!
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Can this be uploaded somewhere reliable? None of the downloads work
    edited December 2014
    @Endarire

Check the boxes on the load game dialog. You should be able to load multiplayer Black Pits games.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    jackjacklolien
    @Silchas‌,

I'm not sure you can get more reliable than SourceForge, but you can find an attachment on the previous page.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • OxmarrowOxmarrow Member Posts: 16
    There is a problem, i change fighter to berserker and i dont have innate spell because in memorization tab doesn't have a innate type to max memorise.
    jackjacklolien
    @Oxmarrow, I'll try to get that fixed for the next version. :-)
    Oxmarrow
  • Lenin1898Lenin1898 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Hey there.
    I am sure this was asked before, but I was unable to find a definite and noob-friendly answer.
    So here is my question:
    I want to start a new playthrough for the whole Trilogy (Note: I don't use EE but the BiG World Mod) as a Dual-Class Fighter/Swashbuckler.

I want to switch from Fighter to Swashbuckler at Level 9 or 13 (as a side note: recommendations for another level?)

How exactly do I do that with EEKeeper? Is it just as simple as adding the Thief-Class ingame and using EEKeeper to add the Kit and switching my level to 9 0 0 and then level up again ingame?

Or do I have to add the Kit-bonuses manually?

Thank you
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    you have to add inate kit abilities manually.
    jackjack
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Could you add spell modification ability to EE keeper?
    For exmple we could prolong Timestop spell or
    we could add damage to COLOR SPRAY.
    Please, add this in next release.
    @brus,

Spell, item, and store (e.g. bags in the inventory) editing is part of the plan, but it certainly won't be in the next release.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • DumhedDumhed Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    okay, maybe i'm missing something obvious.... This is what I have in my ini file:

[Settings]
    x = 1
    y = 1
    width = 1278
    height = 982
    Current Profile = Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

[Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]
    Install Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
    Language = lang\en_US\
    Save Directory = C:\Users\Dumhed Dumbut\Documents\BGEEAndroidSaves\

I moved my android save files to the directory shown. When I try to open a file, it says that the parameter is not valid. Then, it goes to the window save games should show, but don't.

Edit: I should also add, I tried adding the save folder directly into the folder: "C:\Users\Dumhed Dumbut\Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\save\" and set the save directory to "C:\Users\Dumhed Dumbut\Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\". When I do this, I still get "The parameter is incorrect". Then it shows only the quick and auto saves from my PC game, and not other pc saves which are in the same location.

My android and Steam versions are both v1.3.2053.
    edited January 2015
    @Dumhed, there seems to be something strange happening on Android devices. Someone else had a similar problem. If you have the device connected to your computer prior to creating a save game, the save game will not copy correctly. The contents of the removable drive (your tablet/phone) needs to be refreshed. I would suggest doing a hard restart on the device—unplug it from your computer, power it down, then turn it back on, and finally re-connect it to you computer. After that, try copying the save games again.

Additionally:
    Save Directory = C:\Users\Dumhed Dumbut\Documents\BGEEAndroidSaves\
    Does BGEEAndroidSaves have a folder called 'save' within it? If this is the folder where you're copying all your save games to (save game folders; e.g. '000000001-Quick-Save'), then you will also want to change 'Custom Save Directory' from false to true in order for them to show up in the list.

Parameter incorrect sounds like a corrupt save game. It probably didn't copy correctly from the device.
    jackjack
    I reset my device, reconnected it and copied my save games to the save directory. (I moved it to C:\BGEEAndroidSaves, just to make it shorter). This directory does have a "save" folder, with a number of saves in separate subfolders.

When I keep the save directory to "C:\BGEEAndroidSaves" with custom save directory as false, it says "parameter is not correct". However, it does eventually show both the autosave and quick saves that are in the folder.

When I make custom=true, then there is no error...but nothing listed.

When I change the save directory to "C:\BGEEAndroidSaves" with custom=false, no error, and nothing listed.

When I change the save directory to "C:\BGEEAndroidSaves" with custom=true, I get the parameter error, and then auto and quick saves listed.
    @Dumhed, the error you are having, is that when you attempt to load a save game? If so, can you zip and upload a save game please?
    Hi, I'll do that a bit later today. Thanks for being willing to take a look.

The error occurs when you click on the "open" icon (or open save game from the menu) to load the save game in the keeper.

Since there was a way to see the quick saves, I went ahead and played with one. And sure enough, it works just fine. I transferred it back to the Android tablet and it was all good. So, it seems something is happening with the save files which are not auto or quick saves.
    jackjack
  • JugiatsuJugiatsu Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    So I am having some serious trouble getting this to work. I am using the GOG version of Baldurs Gate I and II and have them installed at the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

So I set that as the installation path and then set my save game path as:

C:\XXXXX(username)\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save

I've got about 6-7 different saves in there. Unfortunately EEKeeper never recognizes it and only gives me blank options. It indexes the resources fine, but that's it.

Image attached for convenience

http://i.imgur.com/5SEQmYw.jpg
    Post edited by Jugiatsu on
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    The correct path for savegame is this:
    C:\XXXXX(username)\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    JuliusBorisovTroodon80jackjack
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Troodon80‌ I've got a minor issue with version 1.0.2.6. It stores both window position and size in the eekeeper.ini. It doesn't save the current window state however. Can you add this option so I don't have to maximize the window manually every time I start EE Keeper?
    lolienTroodon80jackjack