Skip to content

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @shandyr dang, that dragon fight took you 3 hours! i could do a dragon fight in about 30 minutes lol. even the level 23 one wasn't that bad. that does say a little something about how OP my rogues are though. spamming twin fangs that can do over 3000 damage does that to fights. also I have my dreaded finisher whenever the dragon falls down which can really shorten the fights. next game I may be a warrior just so I am not tempted to use the same Varric and artificer main combo lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjacklolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Shandyr said:

The allmighty beast. Even @Anduin would draw back in fear at the sight of this! But not me, not the mighty hero!

I would have run away. Not out of fear! Just plain old common sense... Honest. Sort of.
    jackjack[Deleted User]Aristillius
    jackjackAnduinJuliusBorisovlolien
    @anduin but the loot! oh, the wonderful loot! and this one carries the promotional material helmet! ah, but yes, I do believe my daggers came from dragons. unique daggers, the highest damage I could find.

now wondering if I truly want another playthrough of such a long game so soon. I still somewhat want to romance Josephine and Cullen, though not Solas as much anymore. I just realized it may be best not to be in a romance with him, though he is my absolute favorite of the new characters. I am surprised many find him annoying because I like his talks about the fade and spirits. they are quite insightful. if he were on this forum I would certainly give him an insightful on most of his posts. he didn't have the greatest personal quest, though, and it showed he may likes spirits a little TOO much lol
    Aristillius
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228

@anduin but the loot! oh, the wonderful loot! and this one carries the promotional material helmet! ah, but yes, I do believe my daggers came from dragons. unique daggers, the highest damage I could find.

now wondering if I truly want another playthrough of such a long game so soon. I still somewhat want to romance Josephine and Cullen, though not Solas as much anymore. I just realized it may be best not to be in a romance with him, though he is my absolute favorite of the new characters. I am surprised many find him annoying because I like his talks about the fade and spirits. they are quite insightful. if he were on this forum I would certainly give him an insightful on most of his posts. he didn't have the greatest personal quest, though, and it showed he may likes spirits a little TOO much lol

Agreed, the moment when Solas talks to the PC about the spirits of the Fade and Ostagar was the moment when I decided I had to take him everywhere just to hear his thougths on things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ChildofBhaal599Mhamzalolien
    Shandyr said:

Mhamza said:

Agreed, the moment when Solas talks to the PC about the spirits of the Fade and Ostagar was the moment when I decided I had to take him everywhere just to hear his thougths on things.

Heh actually that's one of my reasons I have been growing fond of Cole more and more.
    Through his comments you get a lot of insight what's going on with people.

What they feel, think, fear and so on.

Add Solas to that and they have some interesting party banters additionally.
    I like how Solas gets involved in Cole's personal quest, too. I imagine it would be really fun having both of them, but pretty worthless for me to take another rogue when my main is already a rogue. Also, I never tend to like character that are REALLY out there and weird. I don't like Sera's crazy, or Cole's spiritness very much. I really liked Solas though, and eventually he overcame Cullen as my go-to if I make a female inquisitor. Now I just have to question if I would want an extremely sad romance or not though lol. Though it is extremely unlikely for me to ever make female characters, so my next would likely be Josephine if I don't just do Cassandra's again, though I feel a desire to try multiple characters in this game so I may go different. That won't be for a time though, I think. I am leaning toward a new BG playthrough for the 1.3 patch to give me a break from this 100+ hour journey. I just need to get out of this little post game depression and decide what to do.
    JuliusBorisovCluaslolien
    @shandyr morrigan's got some great stuff. i was very happy when she came with us rather than being there for a single mission.

out of curiosity, is she with child for you? i would wonder what things are like without the dark ritual. i imagine living may have been more important for you in that circumstance as it was for me however lol
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2014
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Poor dragons taking dirt.naps. I hate that dragon on the island at the storm coast. Just can't beat it and I'm level 21
    edited December 2014
    Shandyr said:

@shandyr morrigan's got some great stuff. i was very happy when she came with us rather than being there for a single mission.

out of curiosity, is she with child for you? i would wonder what things are like without the dark ritual. i imagine living may have been more important for you in that circumstance as it was for me however lol

She should have a Loghain's child (lol, yeah I know... >_>)

But she hasn't mentioned any child so far.

Btw do you now if it is possible to dance with the LI in the winter palace?
    I can tell Dorian that I'd like to dance with him, but I'm not sure if that's just flirting or if that can really happen.

Edit: Nevermind, they did dance :D
    ah, so you played a female in DAO? ok. (or you told keep to make the warden a female at least)

but... how could you do that to Alistair! or doesn't hardened Alistair not get upset with you if you spare Loghain? i forget.

sorry I couldn't answer your question, but I guess you got to see for yourself. it is a nice little thing to dance with your LI, but it was pretty much the last bit that was seriously affected by a romance. for the rest of the game it felt like I could just completely forget I was with Cassandra. eventually though she did make it clear that she couldn't be with me if she were divine, so that changed a bit... and as mentioned before I did get greedy there and make Lelianna the divine instead :)

edit: also, hope you really enjoyed that mission. the winter palace was definitely my favorite part :)

also, there are still romantic dialogues with your li, and they may be something more for other characters. i did Cass's and hers just felt like it dropped off at the scene a bit. it was still there a bit, but it was not as prevelant.
    edited December 2014
    @shandyr hmmm... I didn't even know you could convince someone else to do the ritual if you are male. i honestly thought that only females could make Alistair/Loghain do that. doesn't really matter now, I guess. and on it being cheating, if you were going to die by not doing such a thing then it seems pretty reasonable your loved one would want you to live. heck, it is hilarious if you are in a relationship with Alistair that you have to walk up to your loved one and tell him to sleep with another woman lol.

though even as an asexual and Leliannamancer I guess I will probably keep doing that myself on my playthroughs. not sure about sending my friend off with the girl he absolutely despises when I am capable myself, so I may just do it more for him than for me lol

yeah, I guess you've noticed it by now then. I think the romances are quite well written, but short. i mean, it already feels like the companions don't have enough dialogue at skyhold in general to keep them talkative enough for such a long game. I would buy an entire expansion that just adds more scenes to the romances and characters in general. i also didn't feel right that I took Cole to a restaurant in one scene yet I didn't take my girlfriend... lol

Cassandra is actually the best divine. I just couldn't stand the thought of splitting our relationship. in another game where I don't romance her I might make her divine, but it still seems too obvious to me that she doesn't want it, and she'll only do it out of a sense of duty. if you talk to divine Cassandra post game she is even really distraught and begs you to find an excuse to take her out to kill stuff while she is still not yet officially the divine lol. i may just stick to Lelianna, because Vivienne is easily the worst choice. (yes, she is an option if you really want to know. i did not know)
    [Deleted User]
    @shandyr yeah, the average Bioware game is no more than 48 hours. this is well over 100. they seems to have a similar amount of interactions to past games, but being 3x as long makes the game after they are done talking really dull in skyhold. you can complete the romance pretty soon after getting to skyhold and then you still have probably 3/4 or 2/3 of the content left where you might get a flirty dialogue but nothing really changes much at all but different dialogue at points. one thing ME3 did really well is that either you are already in a relationship or you could be in one well before the end and then all sorts of stuff changed. i liked all the flirting from Tali on the geth dreadnaught lol. and the citadel dlc also did nice things to add to it. there are a few things I like about ME3 among my hate for it, and that is certainly one of them

Cole's personal quest starts with him talking to Solas and you need to help him with his problem, starting with a war table operation. i am not sure exactly when you can do it, as I somewhat forgot about him and did a lot of his interactions in a row near the end lol
    [Deleted User]
    @shandyr I'll put this in a spoiler for your own discretion if you really want to know or not

Cole asks Solas to bind him because he is scared of Venatorri binding him. Solas brings up an amulet he could use instead to protect from binding magic. In the Ferelden zone on the war table, I believe around north east of Denerim, you will find the mission to get one of the amulets
    [Deleted User]
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisovAristilliuslolien
    edited December 2014
    that was the first dragon i killed. it wasn't even the hinterlands dragon, it was that one. the hinterlands one i did after, but I didn't try it long before that one. the problems was that the hinterlands one spawns dragonlings, this one doesn't. now the really tough dragons spawn dragonlings and armor up... (as well as being shock dragons. i hate the shock dragons...)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Looks bloody epic
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovAristillius
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2014
    @Shandyr, your screenshots are quite awesome. They look like scenes from a Star Wars movie. I may reconsider my early rejection of this game based on your endorsement, although, I may wait for the price to come down a bit, and some more updating.

Have they made an update to the PC controls yet, as promised on their forum?

P.S. - the save from my original DA: Origins playthrough is long lost. Would it be worth it to create and play through a new DA:O game in an attempt to make a save of my choices? Just how much influence would that have on a future DA:I game? And, just how does one export an old DA:O save to DA:I anyway?

P.P.S - I dont really see myself choosing the ending any differently than I did the first time. I would not be able to sire a child with Morrigan, and I would not be willing to sacrifice myself unnecessarily, so I would want Allistair to do it. Which he did, on my definitive play. However, I had the "free love" mod installed, and had romanced and then hardened him, choosing Zevran over him. If I were to play without "free love", and thus romancing Zev without any "romance" with Al, would I still have the same choice to get Al to sire Morrigan's baby? That is, is an unmodded male character's only choice to "get it up" with Morrigan, or to die?
    [Deleted User]FinneousPJJuliusBorisov
    edited December 2014
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2014
    Omg, thank you so much for that link, @Shandyr! Knowing that I can reset everything I remember about DA:O without replaying it greatly increases the likelihood that I will buy DA:I.

And also, I can even view the story arc of DA2 without having played it, and make corresponding choices to what I would do.

I notice that the default choices from the link are pretty much what a lawful good hero would do, so I can likely just gleefully accept all of the default choices, except that I found a way to save Conner's life, and I don't remember exactly how.

But anyway. the option from your link to set parameters from previous DA experience "as remembered" rather than having to play through all the way again makes me more likely to eventually play DA:I.

EDIT: I would *not* accept that boy's death, no matter how much of a "demon brat" he was presenting as. If only I could remember how I did it.... maybe *that* justifies a replay of DA:O?
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovAristillius
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Okay, this is actually looking a lot better than expected. I'm still reluctant to buy it, but I may end up getting a copy. The only question is how do I do that without being a hypocrite. Hm...I'll say it's an ironic purchase. Perfect.

There was one review on youtube where a commenter called the homosexuality in the game deviant and unnatural. It got over 1200 likes. Then again, this is youtube we're talking about so I'd be surprised to see anything else than idiots spewing bile.