Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Rhiannon looks down at the coin and whistles. "A Platinum noble. Not bad at all!" She slips it into a pocket on her belt and continues.

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Drums a little on the table and the alehouse breaks out in strange trees from southern beaches and odd shaped torches. The alehouse walls seem to come to life as they break into song.

Hums a little and a pot of Eliminster's appears before @Anduin with a strangely shaped 'tent' sticking out of the top.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Nods in thanks @Dragonspear muttering "classy establishment" whilst settling down to enjoy his pot of Elminster's Finest.
  • WinterstormWinterstorm Member Posts: 19
    *Winterstorm awakes with a jitter, lifting his head off the bar*

Sorry Ma'am, must've dozed off. I'll pay for a room for that. And i'll get another Mead if a could.

*Slides 10 gold pieces to @Dragonspear, then looks around the room*

Oh wow, this place is slowly filling up. When did all of these people arrive? Greetings all. I hope i didnt bother ye with my snoring. And...wow, that harp is amazing! I fear my little lute here could never play up such stunning sounds.
    Rhiannon smiles at Winterstorm. "Would you like to join me in a song or six?" she asks with a smile. She leads into another song...

Id love to, but...

*Winterstorm looks down at his lute, frowning*

It would be best if i didnt use this instrument. Its not...safe anymore. I'll just enjoy your playing until i can sort out my issue.
    "Lute problems?" Rhiannon smiles. "I used to know a Bard named Garrick. Have you heard his last lament?"

No, i have not heard of him m'lady. Did he have a cursed Lute as I?
    Rhiannon grins. "Nay. His only curse was on his tongue, and how much he loved to use it. But not all are as unfortunate as Garrick."

Then he is still more fortunate than I.

*scratches chin and looks around*

I guess the barkeeper is indisposed. Although current company is merrier than most ive seen in weeks.

*Winterstorm bows his head ever so slightly towards the direction of @LadyRhian , relaxing slightly more with each passing song*
    Sometimes the barkeep just allows others to converse and merely enjoys the conversation.
    *laughs merrily at @Dragonspear *

Ma'am, didnt see you there. Was just interested in another Mead if i could, and perhaps something for the entertainment if she desires a drink or warm meal.
    Serves up some more mead for Winterstorm
  • fluxcagefluxcage Member Posts: 8
    A grey-haired old man, sitting hitherto unnoticed on a stool against the far wall, looks up at Lady@Rhiannon and says "Lady, your singing is a boon to my ears. Perhaps you know the song of King Henry? I last heard it as I sat near Lady Maddye and Master Timothye, below the salt at the king's great feast. It would do my heart good to hear it once again."
    Rhiannon smiles. "Of course!"

*swigs down the last mouthful of Mead*

Greeting @fluxcage , i didnt see ye there. How go ye? And what do ye do for a profession?
    edited August 2012
    Rhiannon smiles. "I think two more before I settle down for my dinner."

"And for our lovely mage proprietor... A song spell..."

I am many things my dear lady, but alas a mage I am not. No back in my day I was the classic childhood image of a paladin. These various parlor tricks I do to serve my drinks are merely things I picked up from the creator of this lovely place. Now there was a mighty mage. A fine chap, went by the name Alaundo. I bet ya never would have guessed that.

Good ole alaundo, I wonder where he is now.....
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    edited August 2012
    "Kharas the dwarf warrior walks into the room, grumbles loud over the thickness of orc and goblin skulls, check his battle axe for marks, and then walk over to the bar"

Do ye have any dwarven ales or spirits on tab this fine day, my good barkeep?
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    @Dragonspear Happily accepts the wine and sips it. "Mighty nice of you. I like this place, has a good feel. The last inn I visited was full of prudes and card games were not allowed." Shakes her head and snorts.
    Oh don't worry card games are allowed her. Cheating however is not.
    @Dragonspear Rhiannon smiles. "Time to refuel. What have you here for dinner tonight?"
    I think a dwarven caravan brought some Goblin Pie.

We also have grilled dragon flank (thanks to the wizard that preserved that massive red beastie)

and some fresh fish. This alehouse gets resupplied twice a day with food and the like thanks to our helpful arcane friends.
    "I think I shall have some of that dragon flank, and another glass of wine, please."
    @Winterstorm, greetings to you too.

In my life I have traveled far, always meddling with things I did not understand, tampering with nature and the very fabric of life itself, and unleashing mighty forces and powers that I was unable to control. But I would not call myself a mage or sorcerer, for the art I practice is not founded in the Magicks.

I prefer to sit quietly in a dark corner and observe. I have learned many wonders from my fellow inn-goers.

In my old age I have been imparting my knowledge to a band of young followers, hence I visit here infrequently and often late in the day. Only today I taught them how to propel a bolt of lightning from a silvery sphere into the hand of follower nearby. When the air is dry and crackling with excitement the wondrous sphere will cause even the hairs on your head to stand at attention.

Perhaps some day I will bring my wondrous sphere and share its delight with those who wish to enjoy it. With the blessing of @Dragonsphere, of course.
    Gives @LadyRhian a pained look before her head hits the bar. A tender dragon flank appears in front of her with a fresh glass of wine

I have really gotta figure out a better way to get some of this stuff. Danged Wizards really enjoy making me look silly.

Also letting everyone know here as well. I put a topic into the feature requests forum a few hours ago with suggestions for improving the Wizard Slayer kit. Stop over and lemme know what you think.
    Hello and welcome to you @Fluxcage.

If you'd like us to give a demonstration one day, you may, provided the safety of the patrons is not compromised. And you can clean up the mess afterwards.
    I shall. :) Rhiannon digs into the grilled Dragon flank."Definitely a red dragon. Their meat has a certain... hot, spicy flavor even without seasoning."
    Dragonspear
    Fluxcage stands, removes a small leather pouch from inside his robe, and walks slowly to Lady @Rhiannon. The pouch jingles softly as he walks.

"What a wondrous retelling of King Henry's story. I myself would never ask a boon for the telling of a story, but I would never turn down one freely given. Please take this."

Fluxcage hands Lady Rhiannon the pouch, and then draws a small glass vial from within his robe. The vial contains a slightly cloudy liquid of indeterminate color. Somehow the liquid conveys the impression that it was once clear. Floating in the liquid there appears to be a shriveled worm.

"Lady, I can see that you have traveled far and wide. I have a riddle for you."

Fluxcage holds the vial high and gently swirls the worm with a circular motion.

"The rogue responsible for this... creature... was said to be the ugliest witch in the North Country. What name did the witch go by?"

Fluxcage smiles and continues "I have yet to learn the magick that conjures your musics out of the ethers, and my own musical talent is less than that of the worm in my vial. Would it be asking too much for you to sing the story of the witch for all in this inn?"

"If my riddle vexes you, say so and perchance when I return tomorrow and I will render the riddle less vexatious."
    @Dragonsphere, I shall return tomorrow with my wondrous sphere.

It has yet to cause ... permanent... harm to any of my followers.