Skip to content

No b!%£h I don't think I will find a use for this! Crummiest rewards?

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

SionIV said:

always steal it back...

Exactly how much pickpocketing is required for that? I boosted it through the roof with potions and luck spell and stuff but wasn't able to. Nymph Cloak + Spider Spawn + ordering her to attack the spiders is how I got it when I eventually gave up on the whole stealing thing.
    If it goes in her quick slots its 50. If its just stuck in her general inventory then its 10.
    Guess my game was incredibly broken then as I boosted pickpocketing to 200 something and still couldn't get it. Was a save from before they patched the horrible screeching metal sound in Baldur's Gate East so maybe it's something that's been fixed since.
    That could be the reason.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

elminster said:

SionIV said:

always steal it back...

Exactly how much pickpocketing is required for that? I boosted it through the roof with potions and luck spell and stuff but wasn't able to. Nymph Cloak + Spider Spawn + ordering her to attack the spiders is how I got it when I eventually gave up on the whole stealing thing.
    If it goes in her quick slots its 50. If its just stuck in her general inventory then its 10.
    Guess my game was incredibly broken then as I boosted pickpocketing to 200 something and still couldn't get it. Was a save from before they patched the horrible screeching metal sound in Baldur's Gate East so maybe it's something that's been fixed since.
    @Silverstar This is a bug that was explained to me by @Gate70. Let me just copy paste his words here:

"Looks like he's fallen foul of the 8 bit binary field size that is used.

1 in binary is 1.
    2 is 10. 3 is 11.
    4 is 100. 7 is 111.
    8 is 1,000. 15 is 1,111.
    16 is 10,000. 31 is 11,111.
    32 is 100,000. 63 is 111,111.
    64 is 1,000,000. 127 is 1,111,111.
    128 is 10,000,000. 255 is 11,111,111.

When you up it to 256 the value (100,000,000) is truncated (00,000,000 or 0).

So 290 becomes 35 for example."
    Silverstarjackjackdementedlolien
  • domeplsffsdomeplsffs Member Posts: 36
    No one mentioned the Dreppins quest in the beginning? Poor Nessy always dies, since i can't just give away a frigging antidot.Same goes for the Prism reward imho. Those shinys are getting sold!
    jackjack
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I used to have a problem with giving those neat gloves away, and then the EE happened.

Seriously, there's like, two pair of Legacy of the masters, the Hands of Takkok, the Brawling Hands, the Dale's protector, the Bracers of ac 6 (Which have proved useful exactly once to me, damn Imoen being the same alignment as my sorcerer), and two pairs of Xarnous' second sword arms.
    Also, I guess I could sell them but at this point I value the 1000 xp reward more than pretty much any amount of gold.
    Jarrakul
  • KeplerKepler Member Posts: 8
    Ardulia's Mace (I think that's the name) in bg2. Every time I get it it would be a downgrade.
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    Um, I just killed Sarevok, the terror of the sword coast and nobody in-game gives a shit?
    jackjackWilburDJKajurulolien
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Sharguild said:

Um, I just killed Sarevok, the terror of the sword coast and nobody in-game gives a shit?

It worse than that—if I remember correctly, they tell you to hit the bricks because they're mistrustful and afraid of you.
    SharguildWilburDJKajurulolien
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited January 2015
    Tybert said:

Wait, are we ignoring Firebead casting a spell on you that won't even last long enough for you to fight Shank?

He makes up for it later when he gives you a Scroll Case for a later and equally simple quest. And no, I think the honors for worst quest reward goes to Shandalar, who after you get back from his stupid ice-labyrinth of annoying mages (late-game mages, I might add), he gives you 500 XP and warps away, even if you were nice enough to not murder his daughters. Jerk.
    jackjack
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    jackjack said:

Sharguild said:

It worse than that—if I remember correctly, they tell you to hit the bricks because they're mistrustful and afraid of you.
    As they say 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'.
    jackjackSharguild
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I think it was more Gorion's Ward departed on his/her own best interests since the nobles of the ducal palace grew concerned and questionable as to Charname's true identity/heritage. I doubt they seriously hated/feared Charname though; Charname *DID* save the Sword Coast from a bloody war after all.
    DJKajuru
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The first thing that comes to my mind is that part from Planescape Torment where you restore a petrified wizard to normal and your reward is that he kills you. Oh, and then Morte curses more.
    jackjack
  • DraekinDraekin Member Posts: 40

Sadly, I don't even think Shank and Carbos are evil. I think they might be neutral. Regardless, the ID scroll is worth more than a prot/evil spell although it should be noted that he also gives you a potion of healing.

Firebead makes up for it in Beregost and all it costs is 1 worthless book you can cross the street to get.

I always buy it in Friendly Arm, because you know, my character is uh... an avid reader and such. We just happen to have a copy when Firebead asks for it. What luck!?
    lolien
    I always steal it from the house across the street. Firebead already owes me money!
    Tressetlolien
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    the equalizer. You collect 3 parts, two in the hard dungeons of the underdark and one that you have to carry from the beginning through all of the game to get a completely mediocre long sword.
    jackjackHurricane
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Darkcloud said:

the equalizer. You collect 3 parts, two in the hard dungeons of the underdark and one that you have to carry from the beginning through all of the game to get a completely mediocre long sword.

Actually, I don't find this sword bad. Quite decent to me. But of course, when I played the game first time, I expected that the weapon we have to gather so long should be better than anything else in terms of the longswords.

There're excellent views on the Equalizer here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31425/the-equalizer - especially comparisons with other weapons.
    lolien
  • lastknightleftlastknightleft Member Posts: 12
    what about the lady at the carnival tent in Nashkel you save her life, and she gives you an antidote potion
    jackjackwubble
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    What about the faerie queen who gives you absolutely nothing for retrieving the dryads' acorns?
    wubblelolien
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    DJKajuru said:

What about the faerie queen who gives you absolutely nothing for retrieving the dryads' acorns?

She does give you quite a bit of experience, and the gratitude of 3 scantly clad dryads :innocent:
    wubbleJuliusBorisovlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

what about the lady at the carnival tent in Nashkel you save her life, and she gives you an antidote potion

Don't ask for a reward and get a potion of heroism. Then sell it for great profit.
    wubblejackjackJuliusBorisovlolien
  • OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    I think this reward deserves a honorary mention:
    jackjackwubbleJuliusBorisovlolien
    Yeah, my current CHARNAME is allergic and was not amused!
    wubbleOllmerJuliusBorisovlolien
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    I think my least favorite reward is Hull's sword. Because no matter how fast i am, or if its the first thing i do, he always gives me flak; and its like what, 5, 10 gold? Yeah, certainly wont be your friend when i come back.
    JuliusBorisov