Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    So I wonder how far along it is at this point and if there are any community (aka non-beamdog employee) alpha testers currently.
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    Get The Gamehoarder to do some voice work!

If you've never heard of him check out his youtube channel, he does full playthroughs of classic Rpgs (including bgee and bg2ee) with hilariously entertaining if somewhat vulgar voice acting.

He's such a huge fan he'd probably do some characters for free, and hes got multiple good voices for different characters.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110

The only response to my earlier fishing was that it is "in development " not very helpful but normally the cycle goes development then testing so I don't think that they are doing full playthrough tests yet. However I don't know beamdog internal processes so obviously I could be wrong and they could be doing non-internal alpha tests on sections.
    To summarize I don't know :smile:
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127

Coutelier said:

That's another why I'd prefer an expansion between SoA and ToB. Much more room to play with, and then Ascension if you need to up the challenge in ToB.

If Adventure Y is a success I would like to do a SoA->ToB expansion. This isn't a guarantee or promise, but rather something I'd personally like to do.
    I very like this idea. Would give a good feeling to the saga, no loose ends and stuff.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Coutelier said:

wubble said:

@PhillipDaigle‌ If you get Morgan Freeman to voice act for a beamdog game I will dance naked on national television.

What, as the voice of Ao?
    It would be rather appropriate. Or maybe 50 years later as an old Sarevok.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

If Adventure Y is a success I would like to do a SoA->ToB expansion. This isn't a guarantee or promise, but rather something I'd personally like to do.

And then we'd only need an expansion where you get to act out the scene described by Theodon and Jessup in the Candlekeep library.
    edited January 2015
    @mlnevese‌ If Morgan Freeman accepts (which is incredibly unlikely) then they're welcome to search northern England to try and find me :)

Also I will not accept any Morgan Freeman impersonators and believe me I'll know...
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Well that does narrow it down…
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    wubble said:

@mlnevese‌ If Morgan Freeman accepts (which is incredibly unlikely) then they're welcome to search northern England to try and find me :)

Also I will not accept any Morgan Freeman impersonators and believe me I'll know...

But if the Morgan Freeman impersonator is really good, do we really need the real thing?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    I've never actually played BGT, or if I have its been a very long time. How specifically is the transition handled by it? (spoiler away I'm not about to play it to find out).
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited January 2015
    elminster said:

I've never actually played BGT, or if I have its been a very long time. How specifically is the transition handled by it? (spoiler away I'm not about to play it to find out).

IIRC You talk to one of the grand dukes and this triggers the transition.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    There's also a little scene in the forest where Mae'var and his thieves dispose of your party before dragging you off to Irenicus.
    @wubble well I do have a head start on the rest how about some clues east or west of the penines and he north are we talking? I. Live a couple of miles from the middle of the country so you shouldn't be more than a couple of hours away
    On the Pennines, a touch on the western side. That should start you off.
    I'm at uni in one of those and out of term I live very close to another two.
    I had taken my guessing game onto the wall to avoid derailing the thread but as @deltago is asking the same questions anyway I may as well continue here. Close to 2 of them means that they must be close together. From his list I know that stockport and Manchester virtually touch. And they match your a touch west of the penines comments. So I'm guessing somewhere near these two possibly on the eastern side of them. No idea about your termtime address though.
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    So many possibilities!!! RRRAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    @Coutelier, Dynaheir had a mission..?