Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Pibaro said:

no news yet...
    But usually it happens later.
    I'm waiting for some news in the next 6-8 hours

You and all of us. But I've been telling myself 'it'll be in march' so I don't get my hopes up.
  • syndalissyndalis Member Posts: 5
    The $5 dollar Android version is driving a spike into my heart, to be honest.

I spent full price on this game a couple weeks ago in anticipation of hopping in, and the difference in gameplay from 1 to 2 was so jarring due to the 1.3 differences that I just could not continue.

And while waiting for my platform of choice to get the last patch, Android is getting it for 1/2 what I paid.

I know that its the approval process and a game this long (that may have had so many refund requests on the initial launch) may take a REALLY long time to validate it, but I am half considering playing the game on my Mac or even my development Nexus 7, and thats just annoying.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I hope you guys can get the game soon...
  • LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member Posts: 22
    syndalis said:

........... but I am half considering playing the game on my Mac or even my development Nexus 7, and thats just annoying.

Oh boy would I love to fire it up on my Mac, but for whatever reason weeks after patch launch, that's still sitting at version 1.2. Very disappointed
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    [old news]Remember, that is version 1.2 and not 1.2.0, i.e. does not have the patch released 2 days before the Mac app[/old news]

In the meantime, we can now pick up Icewind Dale EE from the Mac App store while waiting for the 1.3 patch to land.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited January 2015
    I for one learned my lesson by now and bought Icewind Dale on Steam instead of the App Store, where there is no history of endlessly delaying the launch of the Patches for the Enhanced Editions... -.- I can only recommend doing the same if you didn't already buy it. Great game, that one, too.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I know I am the odd one out here, but I don't have a Steam account, otherwise I might agree. In general, I am restricting myself to the one digital store, and given that is the only way to get stuff onto my Apple devices anyway, I have no choice about using that one.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And as far as iOS devices go, we don't have a choice. Guess maybe we'll see it next week? :/
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    If I'm not mistaken, every patch for BGEE has hit on Friday afternoon, not Thursday. I haven't given up hope for the weekend!
  • atakdogatakdog Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2015

In the meantime, we can now pick up Icewind Dale EE from the Mac App store while waiting for the 1.3 patch to land.

Or we can decline to give more money to developers who have let us wait more than a year for a fully functional version of a game for which they had a patch already written last summer, but thought it too inconvenient to bother submitting it to Apple.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I don't have an iOS device, but I would like to give all of you my hugs. It's not funny at all. I hope everything will be fine ASAP.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @procco you are right about that, but on Thursday (the day before) we had the good news of the approval of IWDEE for iOs.
    This time no good news :(
    I'm still waiting and hoping.

@bengoshi thanks for your support :D
    I'm checking...
    This Thursday thing is... bullshit :D
    Bgee 1.3 iOs version available Wednesday September 10 2014
    IWDEE iOs version available Friday November 7 2014
    BG2EE iOs version available on Thursday January 16 2014
  • MestarMestar Member Posts: 78
    @Dee , could you share the reasons for us curious folks left waiting once more?
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    It would be especially interesting to know, if it's a technical problem or another case of apple censorship.

By the way, what about the Heart-of-Winter-intro-movie in the now released app store version?
    @molloy are you suggesting that there may be a hidden naked "hot chick" in one of the bg2 movies?

Btw they covered the naked oscenity of HoW movie with some fog effect.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited January 2015
    Pibaro said:

@molloy are you suggesting that there may be a hidden naked "hot chick" in one of the bg2 movies?

I am not. But in those many millions of words and sentences there might have been an allusion to human sexuality that Apple in it's most absurd prudery found questionable. Actually there are prostitutes and gay romances for example. For a company that censors the word 'sperm whale' in Moby Dick that's pretty heavy stuff.
    OK, so the patch isn't available on the Apple Store yet, nor will it be soon, to the surprise of exactly no one. What is Beamdog's plan — are you working to resolve the problem? What is the alleged ETA?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Our plan is to fix the problem and then resubmit.

1.4?

So it would seem.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Resubmit? So, are we talking days, weeks or months here?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Why does Apple always have to be a pain in the backside?
    edited January 2015
    Maybe the developers should have read the rules before submitting. Blaming Apple seems a bit off base.
    edited January 2015
    Removed rant that asked question already answered.
    That's fine and dandy for you, but there are people that have already paid for something that doesn't work right.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Mestar said:

That's fine and dandy for you, but there are people that have already paid for something that doesn't work right.

I'm sure at this point it's quite reasonable to ask for a refund. If you play on Mac, you can then repurchase the game through the Beamdog website, or GOG, or Steam, all of which have gotten the update already if I'm not mistaken. iPad users are out of luck, it would seem.