Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    How much for adventure Y ? $10 dollars
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Nukeface said:

Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more.

*DUNdun DUNUNUH DUN DUN! DUNDUN! DUNDUN!*

Queue the Supernatural video montage recapping previous episodes...
    PibaroCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2015
    On a side note, I haven't known that those screenshots had been deleted.

I wonder, why had they been posted if they were deleted afterwards, after the blog put links to this thread?

It seems those screenshots showed more than they had wanted to reveal. For example, a new UI, perhaps?
    lolienwubblekcwiseCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited February 2015
    bengoshi said:

On a side note, I haven't known that those screenshots had been deleted.

I wonder, why had they been posted if they were deleted afterwards, after the blog put links to this thread?

It seems those screenshots showed more than they had wanted to reveal. For example, a new UI, perhaps?

It's entirely possible, since they were hosted on imgur, that they fell below the view count requirement (at least 1 view per 6 months) and were removed because of it.

-edit-
    Never mind.
    Going back and looking at the posts I see they were actually redacted and edited out.
    CrevsDaak
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

As I have no idea how to post images on the forum, I'm pretty sure it was actually Phil who put the screenshots up and then pulled them down

So it was! My bad. I hope I didn't appear blueist, I can usually spot the difference between two devs.
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Regardless of what was thought about over a decade and a half ago, keeping Adventure-Y small(ish) is still the way to go I think. Maybe about the size of TotSC, but no bigger than that. And should be focused on the bhaalspawn and the five companions at the start of BG2 (Rasaad and Neera's hints/comments are a bit silly - they shouldn't be there at all). Save any really big expansion ideas for a SoA or SoA -> ToB expansion.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @elminster - Corwin was the name of a character (potentially CHARNAME's name) in one of the screenshots that was released earlier in this thread (but I suppose now might have been withdrawn, I haven't been back to look). It appeared in the dialogue box and was one of the first clues that Adventure Y might have something to do with Dragonspear.
    NonnahswriterCrevsDaak
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    bengoshi said:

- The Bhaalspawn left Baldur's Gate and travelled to the south. Why? Why did he have to leave?

Well, didn't really travel very far south, at least not voluntarily. According to Imoen, you were jumped just outside Baldur's Gate, but that's all she remembers.
    bengoshi said:

Actually, the bitterness against the videogame developers is strong nearly on any site/forum.

I think the problem is that, aside from the resistance people always have to anything being changed even slightly from the thing they remember, in this case it's been over a decade and a half - people have already filled in the gap, at least in their heads. And there are one or two problems with continuity that can't really be settled in a way that would satisfy everybody. Really the best solution is not to address those things at all.

I suppose if the Solar is involved, the timeline can be messed with a little bit. But like I say, later on, between SoA and ToB, pretty much a whole new game can be wedged in without really affecting anything too much. But keeping adventure-y small and focused is the best bet to avoid problems or upsetting anyone too much.

CrevsDaak