Skip to content

Monster Party Members

124»

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Dragonborn.
    lolien
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    Ogre would be cool, dunno if they can fit through doors though.

Or how about a Lich? That would be awesome fun.
    jackjack
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I would like Dili from Spellhold to be an NPC. An extra-versatile shapeshifter would be very cool to play.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    Minotaur centaur or wemick don't know why
    lolienKamigoroshi
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Duergar. Someone you can recruit in Irenicus' dungeon. Perhaps help him remove the geas enslaving him to the mage's will. From there he seeks vengeance for the wrongs done to him and his clan.
    dockaboomskijackjacklolienArdul
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I still say ferret.
    jackjack
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Imagine, if you will, a doppelganger mage/thief. It spends its life impersonating others, trying to fit into normal society. You pick it up as a faceless, lonely creature, and over time with CHARNAME, develops a personality influenced heavily by Gorion's Ward. It gives you an opportunity to truly shape another's life, the same way the Nameless One does to most of his companions.
    Elrandirlolienjackjack
  • XiaolinXiaolin Member Posts: 18
    Can't believe no one mentioned succubus (Or alufiend, or erinyes)

ElrandirlolienTommyKnox777
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Xiaolin: we had that in planescape torment. ;)
    jackjacklolienJuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Grum said:

Xiaolin: we had that in planescape torment. ;)

What about a Lilitu? Upgraded and substantially less attractive Succubus. Or, a ToB joinable Marilith! Totally balanced!
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Xiaolin said:

Can't believe no one mentioned succubus (Or alufiend, or erinyes)

I see what you did there (in terms of image editing). The moderator mode approves.
    lolienjackjack
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    edited February 2015
    I want a Lich! That way my Necromancer bhaalspawn can have a npc mentor figure!
    Xzar doesn't really work as a mentor >_>

That or a Fey like a Dryad to romance! I love Fey!
    lolien
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited February 2015
    Githyanki could work well,
    maybe the one who comes to retrieve the silversword, but then betrays his companions because he knows once he returns to his plane the Lich Queen will most probably decide he has become too powerful and suck out his soul.

Also maybe he could be of a neutral alignment and not the normal chaotic evil, or even better there would be the possibility of an alignment change through questing and banter.

Other monster types I love to see would be half dragon, but that might just be way too OP.
    Like a half elf/half green, who is fighting against the evil nature of his/her chromatic parentage.

or a rakshasa, because well tigers are cool, but the too OP thing pops up again becaose of the rakshasa's spell immunities they gain by level.
    Maybe a half rakshasa, the rakshasa sometimes keep nymphs in their harems and half breed offspring are a fairly common occurrence.
    Can't remember the proper name for them though.

There is such a thing as a half dragon/ half rakshasa, but that would just be silly OP XD
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
    Elrandir
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Kruin really seems pretty CN actually, and is pretty entertaining. Shes a Wild Mage though, right?
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    DreadKhan said:

Kruin really seems pretty CN actually, and is pretty entertaining. Shes a Wild Mage though, right?

Oh yeah just had that encounter the other day, had forgot what her/his personalty was like.
    Is Kruin a she?
    Also another wild mage, damn that is vexing.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I want a swirfneblin companion, prolly some kind of stalker or thief. I always like to have small friends in my party who, in time, become really good. I love Deekin, but the whole kobold thing has already been done, so no need to repeat that again. I could easily have a xvarts

Other than svirfneblins I think both a Sirine and/or a succubus would be an awesome companion. Perhaps with a backstory that THEY fell for the charname's charisma instead of the opposite? Wouldn't it be awesome to charm the pants of (figuretively speaking) a race known for doing just that to others?
    SmilingSword