Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @HaHaCharade, are you referring to the option located in Settings ⇒ Spells ⇒ Refresh memorised spells on save?
    jackjack
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Troodon80 said:

@HaHaCharade, are you referring to the option located in Settings ⇒ Spells ⇒ Refresh memorised spells on save?

You're my hero
    jackjack
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited February 2015
    Is there a reason that I can edit games, save them fine, portraits come up in game, but only the default portraits come up in EE Keeper? Had them coming up before I upgraded to version .7?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2015
    oops. duplicate.
    Post edited by Musigny on

Is there a reason that I can edit games, save them fine, portraits come up in game, but only the default portraits come up in EE Keeper? Had them coming up before I upgraded to version .7?

They should be in the list if the images are in the portraits folder.

Do you have the 'Use Custom Save Location' option checked under the installation directory settings?
  • GrunkerGrunker Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I can't get EE Keeper to find my saves:

http://puu.sh/g6hhP/2c92128ab9.png

http://puu.sh/g6hiF/a8e6d4a244.png

What am I missing?
    @Grunker, what is the full path in the text box under 'User Save Data Directory'? Is 'save' on the end? Also, do you have only Auto-Saves and Quick-Saves?
    edited February 2015
    Nope, I just have one manual save. Full path is:

C:\Users\Grunker\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\save\

I haven't done more than launch IWDEE, create a single character, enter the game, make a manual save, and exit, though.

@Grunker,

Remove 'save' from the end.
    C:\Users\Grunker\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\
    If you use the location you posted above:
    C:\Users\Grunker\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\save\
    Then you also need to check the box labelled 'Use Custom Save Location'. So if you are using it on Windows with the Windows copy of the game, use just the 'Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition' directory. That way, you can also access any multiplayer games or custom portraits.
    lolien
    Removing 'save' worked. However if I check the box 'Use Custom Save Location', it disappears again. So I can just leave that unchecked, yeah?
    @Grunker,

If you have the direct path to the save folder, then you need to check the box. Otherwise, use the 'Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition' folder path and leave the box unchecked.
    Oh, gotcha. Well, even if I add the save-bit and check the box, the save doesn't show up. But anyway, just removing 'save' works :)
    Hi, another small issue. I've changed my Fighter/Druid's kit to Totemic Druid. Under "Innate" I clicked "Kit" and then selected "Totemic Druid" and "Level 001" to "Level 001". Yet in game my character is not granted the ability to summon a spirit animal. Something I missed?
    @Grunker, I haven't had any problem—but if there is no Innate row under the Memorisation tab, then any added kit abilities will not appear in-game.

It not being added is a known issue which will require some reworking of the saving procedure. The original Shadow Keeper assumes nothing will ever be added to the Memorisation list. I'm working on that when I have time.
    lolien
    Not sure I understand you correctly, but the kit gets added just fine and shows up in game :)

What doesn't actually work is me receiving the level 1 ability to summon an animal.
    @Grunker, the innate ability is what I am referring to. Check the Memorisation tab in Keeper and see if there is a row labelled "Innate", if there is no such row then it is part of the issue. If there is, then I'm not sure.

Yeah, no innate bar. So I'm screwed I take it? ;)
    @Grunker, until I fix it, the only way in Keeper would be to level up to a point where your character gets an innate ability given by the game, then change to the new kit. If I get time (that's a big if), I'm hoping to get something done for next week. I'll probably work on it over the weekend.
    lolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Troodon80 Wouldn't setting the character to level 0 work? The game would automatically advance him to level 1 and fix the problems.
    AstroBryGuyTroodon80CrevsDaak
    @mlnevese, that would work, yes. I think the only thing I don't like about that is the stats being wrong. I keep meaning to add in some code to auto-calculate the stats. It's on my to-do list.
    mlnevese
    @Troodon80: Boss of ya. Just to understand you correctly:

If I exit the game @ level 4 with my Fighter/Druid, then set the kit to Totemic Druid, then level up to five, it gets the two uses it should have at that point? That may work as well I suppose.
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, didn't see the new comments. What does "stats being wrong" mean? Will anything game-affecting actually go wrong if I set the character's Druid level to 0?
    Grunker said:

Sorry, didn't see the new comments. What does "stats being wrong" mean? Will anything game-affecting actually go wrong if I set the character's Druid level to 0?

@Grunker, no—it's fairly normal procedure. I'm just not a huge fan of it. e.g. your HP, AC, THAC0, and profeciency points on level up will all be higher than normal. If you're not worried about that, and there's probably no real issue with it since it's only a minor advantage, then changing the level to 0 is the best option.
    Grunker
    @Troodon80: I'm exactly the kind of guy who gets majorly worried about stuff like that ;)

Out of curiosity: why do the stats become wrong in that manner? Because the level-up from 0 to 1 add another "round" of stats as if the character had leveled? If that's the case, can't I note the character's level 1 stats, level to 0, enter the game (which automatically levels to 1), and then reset the character's HP, AC, THAC0 etc. to the correct values?

@Grunker,
    Grunker said:

Out of curiosity: why do the stats become wrong in that manner? Because the level-up from 0 to 1 add another "round" of stats as if the character had leveled?

That's exactly why.
    Grunker said:

If that's the case, can't I note the character's level 1 stats, level to 0, enter the game (which automatically levels to 1), and then reset the character's HP, AC, THAC0 etc. to the correct values?

Since you are only adding a kit to what is essentially going to still be a Fighter/Druid—yes. Not every class advances stats at the same rate, but in this case you'll be fine.
    Thanks! Then that's what I'll do.

Another question: I am planning to do this on another character. I have a Fighter that I'll be leveling to around 9 at which point I'll dual her to Thief and change the kit to Assassin. Will this method also generate the correct results for such a character?

Also, can I just say how much it rocks that guys like you are doing stuff like this for the community? Thanks!
    @Grunker, you shouldn't have any problem with changing a Thief to an Assassin. When you dual class to a thief from a fighter, you get an Innate ability; Set Snare. You shouldn't need to adjust any levels.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Wouldn't there be issues with BACKSTAB.2DA and THIEFSKL.2DA detecting the character as a FIGHTER_THIEF instead of an ASSASSIN? The character would get the special abilities of an assassin, but the backstab progression and skill points of an unkitted thief.
    edited February 2015
    ^ is that true?
    Post edited by Grunker on
    @AstroBryGuy @Grunker,

Wouldn't there be issues with BACKSTAB.2DA and THIEFSKL.2DA detecting the character as a FIGHTER_THIEF instead of an ASSASSIN? The character would get the special abilities of an assassin, but the backstab progression and skill points of an unkitted thief.

I don't think so, though I haven't experimented all that much. That issue is mainly for people who are trying to change a multi-class character into a multi-class kit. In some of the tests I did, a dual-class character seems to progresses as though the two classes were separate.

Backstab is fine.

I think THIEFSKL is fine as well. You get 40 points at character creation for both standard Thief and Assassin. I think this is the same when dual-classing. Levelling up after that gives you 15 points to distribute.

You also get the Poison Weapon ability.
    Grunker said:

Also: Should Totemic Druid gain an additional use of Summon Spirit Animal on level 5?

Level 6. It starts at level 1, then progresses with every 5 levels. So 1+5=6. 6+5=11. Etc.
    AstroBryGuyjackjacklolien