Skip to content

Anyone know why .jpg images are not uploading properly when they always had before?

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited February 2015 in Site Resources
I upload .jpg images often as part of the minimal reload challenges. They've always worked perfectly, until last night.

.bmp's work but I need to use .jpg. I'd have approached forum moderators if I knew how, or a 'contact us' link but couldn't find either.

Thanks all, CT
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2015
    Sometimes the "Vanilla" forum just acts up in strange ways, and it resolves itself in a day or two.

Usually the sort of help you need gets resolved the fastest in the "Site Resources" forum, so you might want to try asking there.

Moderators I can think of include @Metalloman , @Heindrich, @LadyRhian , @Tresset , @Shandyr , @mlnevese .

You can usually summon one of them quickly by tagging them like I just did, and they can usually help. If the first one who responds can't help, they'll refer you to someone who can.

BTW, you know any post is by a moderator if it has a grey background instead of black. If it has a blue background, the post is by a Beamdog employee.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @wubble, oh, okay, sorry, I didn't know that.

One I forgot: @bengoshi . How could I forget our most active poster and community leader? ;)
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    @bengoshi has reported this as well. If you can convert the jpg to bmp it works fine (I was having the same problem and he made that suggestion.) hopefully it will work itself out soon.
  • Thanks all.

This really has to nothing to do w/vanilla or EE. It's just trying to post here using .jpg rather than .bmp. It's true .bmp works but I prefer .jpg. It's never been a problem before.

B_MTH hits on what I've experienced in the past, i.e. there'll be a short term glitch that usually works itself out.

CT
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2015
    It's always a surprise for us as well... I'll tag @Dee and @Jalily so they can take the problem to Vanilla's administration.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • My bad. & yes, it is working. Thanks for all the feedback.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Not only does it work now, but finally, after many months, the thumbnail during creating a post actually shows the image you've attached.

Sugoi!