Skip to content

One more try: the SCS solo no-reload tale of Glorydd, Dwarven Fighter/Thief

13»

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't think it's ever possible to prevent the SCS Unseeing Eye from spawning the Death Tyrants. Even killing it with star drain, without dealing much damage, can result in that Chain Contingency firing.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I'd reload. That's just me though.
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    Yeah, it happened to me once as well. Since then, I'm always going to the options screen if I need to step away from my PC.

For the record: I didn't reload. It was really painful, but I think it was the right choice, in retrospect.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    I agree with you @JoshBG. Eventually I wouldn't feel comfortable if I continued.
    Another thing is that I also post on the Bioware forums, where stricter no-reload rules apply.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited March 2015
    Thanks everyone for giving your views. I appreciate them, and they help me contemplate the no-reload concept.

The thing is, where do I draw the line? If I permit myself a reload in this case, then any misclick attributable to a distraction (be it something/someone real or perceived), could justify a reload.

The main issue for me though is the 'Your character has died' message. I can't ignore having seen that message. Had I been able to intervene before it (even with 1 HP left), I might have allowed myself a reload. (Justifying that reload with the fact that I could have quaffed an extra healing potion and found a way to survive.)
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    Such a shame to die on a bug/RL event
    I'd probably reload but i really understand that feeling taht makes you want to start again.

Good job anyway
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2015
    bengoshi said:

Good job on beating SCS Tolgerias! The Carsomyr has helped here. It has such awesome attributes. Dispel on hit without any lvl check.

One has to take UAI at least in order to use Carsomyr and Staff of the Magi.

Just a little comment for the new players who may read this.
    Carsormyr does not always dispel on hit in a normal game. This feature comes from the item upgrade mod.
    In BG2EE and BG2 with the G3 fixpack, it dispels as if the spell is cast at lvl 30.
    Post edited by Musigny on
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    @Blackraven,
    This is sad.
    On the other hand I am sure you really enjoyed this character. Moreover I have always thought that the early phases are the most interesting, simply because the PC is not overpowered yet.
    Whatever you decide, this will be a good decision.