Skip to content

Simple Guide of how to slain the new Drizzt

EmeusEmeus Member Posts: 64
Acquire Algernon's Cloak or Nymph Cloak.
Acquire a long range magical weapon or a bunch of ranged weapons.

And then create the wall of folk force xDDDD
Post edited by Emeus on
TressetlunarSpjuv3rnSethDavisJuliusBorisovMortiannabooinyoureyesSilverSoviet

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2015
    Did you charm the commoners to make them stay there, blocking Drizzt? If so, why doesn't Drizzt insta-gib them? (Since they will be considered enemy to him) His script actually forces him not to attack innocents?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2015
    Tresset said:

@lunar I assume the charm wore off and they are neutral. Drizzt apparently can't bump neutrals.

@Emeus Good work! Well earned promote for brilliance! My only regret is that I didn't come up with this on my own...

Ho-hum. Don't neutral commoners just yell and escape from the battle when there is fighting going on? At least, that's what I recall. And if they move an inch Drizzt will gut you!
    Edit:ah if they are stuck..

Still a more creative way than the fireshield:blue+stoneskin+spam mirror image tactic. Or, oh, the werebears. You can't forget about the werebears.
    TressetEmeusJuliusBorisov
  • EmeusEmeus Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2015
    lunar said:

Tresset said:

@lunar I assume the charm wore off and they are neutral. Drizzt apparently can't bump neutrals.

@Emeus Good work! Well earned promote for brilliance! My only regret is that I didn't come up with this on my own...

Ho-hum. Don't neutral commoners just yell and escape from the battle when there is fighting going on? At least, that's what I recall. And if they move an inch Drizzt will gut you!
    Edit:ah if they are stuck..

Still a more creative way than the fireshield:blue+stoneskin+spam mirror image tactic. Or, oh, the werebears. You can't forget about the werebears.
    Seems these two folks won't yell or escape at all. But after Drizzt's HP is getting low, he will move back for a bit then attack PC again, if you minimized the screen your character will be allured out and get killed, so if you want do anything else while your character is bashing Drizzt's head, you probably would prefer ranged weapons ;)
    Post edited by Emeus on
    lunar
    edited March 2015
    Tresset said:

I used to stuck Drizzt by using invisible characters, after he can see through invisibility, this is the first way come into my mind xD
    lunar
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Its easier just to dismiss four party members around him. They stay in place, he doesn't attack them and you can kill him with a staff or similar weapon. That's how I usually do it.
    Naten
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I only manage to kill him these days by using Oil of Speed to wear him down with missile fire. Is it just me, or did they buff his AC to ridiculous levels? I'm pretty sure I crunched the numbers and found it to be below negative ten now.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited March 2015
    @Abi_Dalzim Well his base AC is -10 and he has 20 dex so that makes it... uhh... -16? -14.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    Tresset said:

@Abi_Dalzim Well his base AC is -10 and he has 20 dex so that makes it... uhh... -16? -14.

You actually had it right the first time. One of his scimitars gives him -2 to AC. So its actually -16.
    edited March 2015
    @elminster D'oh! I forgot Twinkle!
    elminster
    edited March 2015
    On a practical level it doesn't make much difference. Unless you are pretty beefed up with items/spells your chance to hit him would be pretty small either way.
    Tresset
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Just turn into a werebear and kill him that way.
    semiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Who needs werebears? Just cast Imprisonment on him.
    JuliusBorisovGotural
    Bah... Noobs...

Godbow.
    elminster[Deleted User]
    Import a TOB character and go head to head, he won't stand a chance.
    @Abi_Dalzim: Nah, that'd be cheesy.

@Abi_Dalzim: Nah, that'd be cheesy.

You're right, using a level 9 spell is fine, but a character that would actually be able to use one, nah, that's going too far.
    semiticgoddessEmpyrial
    No, with a Wild Mage.
    YupImMadBro
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Just get a thief to lay 7 traps. Done and dusted.
    -16 AC??
    What's the best thac0 a fighter can even have?
    13 base (level 8)
    7 strength (potion)
    3 weapon
    3 high mastery
    2 kit
    1 helm
    1 bracers
    1 aid
    1 chant
    -20% potion of power
    -10% potion of heroism

So 50% hit rate plus whatever impact the % potions have? Not too bad I guess ... I wonder what his thac0 is against all the AC sources available.
    edited March 2015
    Wowo said:

Wasn't the maximum number of active thief traps per area like 5 or something? Or was it 7?
    Tresset said:

Wowo said:

Wasn't the maximum number of active thief traps per area like 5 or something? Or was it 7?
    Its 7.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited March 2015
    Dwarven defender, lvl 8. Potion of strength with Bhaalspawn boost. Potion of speed, with the Durlag's tower plate, Balduran's cloak, a good shield and hammer. Walk up, drop defensive stance and tear him apart. Throw in potions of power or heroism if wanted.

BlackravenJuliusBorisovGotural
    elminster said:

Tresset said:

Wowo said:

Its 7.
    Yes. This strategy works from level 1. Rarely Drizzt will survive to near death but I've only seen that happen about 1 in 10 times.

If I have a thief I usually kill drizzt after getting my first 2 or 3 bhaalspawn powers to be ready to receive a horror or two.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Emeus How long did it take for your PC to kill him?

Methods of killing Drizzt has become something of a science on this forum. I used to use cheese tactics in vanilla BG, but I've found he can be legitimately taken on mid-game (5th level) in BGEE as long as I have Dorn in my party with a couple of Poison Weapon innates, a Oil of Speed, a Potion of Fortitude, a cleric to stand behind him casting cures, and a mage to cast summons. I also had Monty in my party modded to Assassin, and I think his Poison Weapon ability came in handy at least once.

In my current playthrough, a summoned Hobgoblin finished him off with a 2 HP critical hit from an arrow. ^.^
    JuliusBorisov
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Just use a simple shortbow and about 500 arrows, that's all. No need for dumping party members or charming innocent peasants.
    Jarrakul
    Why dump party members when you can just keep them out of sight?
    Mortianna said:

@Emeus How long did it take for your PC to kill him?

Methods of killing Drizzt has become something of a science on this forum. I used to use cheese tactics in vanilla BG, but I've found he can be legitimately taken on mid-game (5th level) in BGEE as long as I have Dorn in my party with a couple of Poison Weapon innates, a Oil of Speed, a Potion of Fortitude, a cleric to stand behind him casting cures, and a mage to cast summons. I also had Monty in my party modded to Assassin, and I think his Poison Weapon ability came in handy at least once.

In my current playthrough, a summoned Hobgoblin finished him off with a 2 HP critical hit from an arrow. ^.^

Depend on how lucky you are, basically you can only hit him with critical hits at low level.
    TressetMortianna
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    If you're not using werebears then you are killing Drizzt wrong!