Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Thanks @semiticgod and Ygramul for the congrats :smiley:
    Twisted Rune was a lot of fun, and quite exciting even with PfUndead at the beginning of the battle. I knew the enemies' spawning points but I didn't (and still don't) know how they would exactly behave. I expected Layane for example to summon Fiends and Efreetis, and I thought Vaxhall was an Elder Orb, not a Hive Mother.
    It was only the second or third time I beat it in no-reload, I've often not bothered.

No-reloads are supposed to be a test of the player, not a test of the computer.

Well-said. This helps me forget about the affair. (I really hated the reloading.)

Re: the Sanctuary (nice that you agree). I'll mention it if/when I change the spell.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

@bengoshi: Thank you! Horun Fallows' portrait comes from a separate thread about portraits. I forget which one. Some people were gushing about his handsomeness, so I decided to put him in. I swear, as a straight man, I just don't get why some men look blazing hot. Horun looks like a normal guy to me. What are you people going on about? Men aren't attractive!

Hmm, that portrait is VERY attractive to me! I am sure there are also others who think that ruggedly handsome, bearded men are the epitome of beauty. But different tastes and colors, I guess. :)

Whoa, this thread is a wonderful read! Good luck to everybody! I will read every new entry when I have more time.
    I especially love reading about spell revisions mod, because I can't have it on my Ipad. I enjoyed no reload with scs, as well, but after months of failing, I now continue my game as a minimal reload. (only reload on character death)

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Arnaeus Roleplay wise, I wanted Dorn to travel to Amn, this way he would be able to join Anselm again in BG2EE. Gameplay wise, Vynd now has Poison Weapon three times per day, Anselm twice, so it became a bit redundant indeed. Plus Viconia now has access to level 4 spells, like Holy Power which makes her a powerful melee fighter.
    On the other hand, Mages are starting to get pretty powerful at this level, so another one is quite good. I bought a Greater Malison scroll for Edwin, so I'll be able to throw down some pretty powerful GM + Webx2 (save at -6) (Minor Sequencer) followed by some Chaos/Slow (save at -8!) combos.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Ha! SCS2 Kangaxx went down with wands? Brilliant thinking, @Blackraven.
    Hehe, thanks @semiticgod, it was BG1 all over again for a moment for Scintilla :smile:
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2015
    Ruhk thhe transmuter is a beast! In my installation, at least. He has many pro from magic weapons, the usual web+stink cloud combo, seemingly at will remove magic, plenty chaos, and 3 pw:stuns which he used to stun my mages. Plus he has wilting. Plus he is very capable in melee, cutting up anyone with his plain longsword. Fire elemental summons and air elemental from the staff of air stalled him quite for some time, since he can not hurt them in melee, but still he gave me a lot of trouble! (And ended up carving up a stunned Jaheira)

In bg:ee, greater command's sleep effect wears off when a sleeping target takes any damage, they wake up immediately. Isn't it the same in spell revisions? Whenever a party member falls asleep I throw a basic, unenchanted dart for 1-3 damage to his butt to wake him/her up. Funny image in my mind aside, it works. And is a valid strategy because scs enemies are smart to never attack asleep foes, as long as there are active foes remaining. Thus, my wild mage, who usually makes his save vs spells because he is magical and stuff, can wake up to 3 party members a round with his darts. (If the asleep party member has stoneskins/ironskins up, an ice arrow from my archer or Minsc may work for a cold shock. Or wand of magic missile also does minimal damage throughout stoneskins, and every other party member has one for this purpose only!)

Your gal is a bounty hunter, right? I defeated Conster by laying multiple traps by Yoshimo infront of the prisoner cells, when we returned from big F Conster spawned there and died instantly. Cheesy? Yes, but it is perfectly sensible to trap the area after battling Tazok, and one less high lvl mage battle is good, no? :)

Haha lots of excitement at the Windspear Hills. Scintilla went there yesterday, but what a difference between doing that with a low-level party and with a solo character with HLAs. Very entertaining stuff! Glad to see you pull through.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited April 2015
    Gotural said:

And this is why Poison Weapon is in my top 3 most overpowered abilities of all time.

What are the others? HiPS and Mislead?
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    @Gotural, congratulations on beating Sarevok!! You did it! I certainly hope to see Anselm in Amn so that he can... hmmmm wait a minute :worried: Hehehe...