Skip to content

Trap Mechanics in the EE

13»

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Yes. Every game should change to cater to each player's personal peeves and preferences... The mechanic is what it is and it is not that terrible. Maybe see if a modder can reduce the search time to 2 seconds or something. Just realize, a failed check is invisible to you, so stand by...
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2015
    Countless?

Countless examples of what? Using spells to protect from traps? Like I said IWD spell progression isn't fast enough to protect against all traps you encounter. Countless examples of how BG is not spoonfeeding the story to players while FF games do? You mean the example of story material obtained from optional sources like how FF games have a ton of NPCs that blurt out stuff that expand the plot?

Countless examples of games that make you repeatedly stop playing? I only count Skyrim where those tedious game mechanics are pretty much optional and not doing them doesn't mean risking a game over.

What countless examples?

And again if it were up to me I wouldnt care how its fixed. I'd just go with whichever is the easiest solution becaus, again, I don't care as long as I don't stop playing for 6 seconds over and over.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    This is fascinating behavior coming from someone so concerned with repetitive time wasting.
    AdulsemiticgoddessdunbarScooter
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Great this is the easiest way to fix it:

Encumber all of your character so they are moving at half speed (usually a pound over will suffice). They will walk more slowly so any traps will be detected before they reach it.

Have a thief disarm it. Carry on. No need to stop and wait for 6 seconds

Fixed.

This is basically how PoE deals with it.
    Aduljackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    joluv said:

This is fascinating behavior coming from someone so concerned with repetitive time wasting.

Lets keep things civil.
    [Deleted User]Adulsemiticgoddessjackjack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

What response?

*psst* The reason I stopped responding is that we weren't going anywhere with our argument.

Oh no, I've ruined it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Before things get even hotter in this thread and considering it's going nowhere and is now in full circular motion, I'm closing it. If anyone wants it reopened just let me know.
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.