Skip to content

What Would You Like To See In A Mod?

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
edited April 2015 in BG:EE Mods
What type of content would you like to see in a Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Mod?
-Please be informative about your ideas and please try to give a good insight into what your ideas are.
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on

Comments

• ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    This
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32401/mod-request-questmix-bg1

I'm crawling into modding world but all I can do so far is to insert a new creature in the game with a simple dialog xD but... "one day... one day..." :P
    WithinAmnesia
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited April 2015
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40482/bg2-ee-story-tweaks-mod-feedback :)

Otherwise, stray thoughts:

-Giving the Blackguard a different stronghold, or a different Evil path at de'Arnise Keep
    -Bringing Baeloth back for BG2
    -Barbarian NPC (the last base class not represented in-game)
    -Dragon Disciple, Dwarven Defender and/or Shadowdancer NPC (to match the new EE kits)
    -Kitting Branwen as a Priest of Tempus (per IWD:EE), and putting together a Priest of Shar kit for Viconia
    AedanWithinAmnesiabatoorlolien
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    Useful Familiars! For those solo mage games when you just don't want to deal with all of the locked doors and drawers and protections against traps, the familiar should have 95/95 in pick locks and find traps.
  • ArilliusArillius Member Posts: 2
    Custom weapons and armor. There are some cool looking items like the moonblade for Xan, but rather then having to go through the games with various different weapons and armor, having just one look would be awesome.

Or just a variety of strong or weak options for different levels of the game. The Armor and Weapon Packs are starting us off nicely but I found one sight with 83 weapons for the original Baldur's gate that can't be installed (or if they can, they require an installer that doesn't exist any longer). So just.. more cool items. Perhaps a quest to get them or earn them or have them bequeathed upon you.
    WithinAmnesia
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited April 2015
    @Arillius I want more Items too but I want to the standard of the Original Baldur's Gate Item BAM's and Artwork. No rush-jobbed, Corner cutting, Unpractical, Non-historically functional, Overly high fantasy, super nerdy / stupidly 'hollywooded' Painted item bull-crap from Baldur's Gate II. So yeah I got this plan for two non magical item qualities improved and worsted when compared to the 'default' weapon and armour types like that item quality system in Icewind Dale; but just better. Also restore the wide weapon selection of default BAM's for Baldur's Gate's Default Weapons (similar to how there are lots of 'default' shield and helmet BAM's but not with 'default' weapons and armours). Also if one finds a Master work item they can get it forged / crafted into +1 or Better Item at a respectable cost. For example here is an already completed item BAM that I have made for a Masterwork Long Sword reforged into a Long Sword +1 (that I plan to be a part of that above mentioned Item quality system.)
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    More romance content for Dorn, and maybe a BG2EE version of Neera Expansion so I can get it on with Rasaad :D
    edited May 2015
    @SharGuidesMyHand Did you know that after you commented on your Priest of Tempus kit, I did an immediate 4 hour research 'quest' into my and online source 'pdf books' and 2nd edition websites about Deity Influences and Powers and Source Rules and Priests and Faerûn Gods and where the Churches, Clergies and Cults are around the Sword Coast? All that I think to say to you is that Brovo @SharGuidesMyHand Brovo! I wish that I had 3 votes to give you for that comment. I like that idea as much as a New Female Barbarian Non-Player Character in Adventure Y! Also how about a Priest of Bhaal kit?

P.S. Also that "Immediate 4 hour research 'quest' " is why I did not reply to you last night for I forgot around 2 or 3 hours into my 'quest' and went to bed at around 8:35 AM (X.x).
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    A UI tweak,
    make a extra row of empty boxes above the existing UI.
    These boxes need to be able to be used as quick slots for any chosen spell or special ability.

Also fix sorcerer's quick slots so the spells don't disappear after rest.
    A new Solaufein mod,
    one that's NOT overly dramatic and focused on power gaming.
    shawneArdullolienBrer_Rabbit

A new Solaufein mod,
    one that's NOT overly dramatic and focused on power gaming.

Hell. yes.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Perhabs someone to finish this project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25316/dragonlance-mod
    WithinAmnesia
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i'd like to see camping supplies (similar to PoE). some mechanics:
    - can't rest without them (except in inns)
    - normal inventory item
    - expended at a rate of one per 8 hours of resting
    - expended when rest is interrupted too
    - cheap but heavy
    - can't buy an infinite number because vendors have limited stock that replenishes slowly
    - can't be put in a bag of holding because of some fluff reason
    lolienDarkersun
    [Spoiler]
    Arillius said:

Custom weapons and armor. There are some cool looking items like the moonblade for Xan, but rather then having to go through the games with various different weapons and armor, having just one look would be awesome.

Or just a variety of strong or weak options for different levels of the game. The Armor and Weapon Packs are starting us off nicely but I found one sight with 83 weapons for the original Baldur's gate that can't be installed (or if they can, they require an installer that doesn't exist any longer). So just.. more cool items. Perhaps a quest to get them or earn them or have them bequeathed upon you.

[/Spoiler]

@Arillius
    "I found one sight with 83 weapons for the original Baldur's gate"
    Do you have a link that we can use?
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    more quest mods for me...btw @SmilingSword been thinking about the solaufein mod, is it bad?
    @brunardo I wouldn't call it bad it's just really focused on power gaming.
    Solaufein is a super badass fighter/mage who waxes poetic far too often in my opinion.
    So not bad, there are just better NPC mods out there.
    Solaufien.. Say did he work on the dark side of the sword coast?
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    lol yeah @SmilingSword not a fan of the waxey haerdilis poetry stuff but like the power gaming so think I will give him a try when I start my new playthrough.
    Looking for a Mod NPC that has good interaction with bioware NPC's as ad PC of course...tried the Kelsey Mod and was ok but didnt feel authentic and felt lacking, any recommendations?
    edited May 2015
    @brunardo,
    If you're keen on good interations with bioware NPC's, maybe give the Xan mod a try.
    Xan interacts with every NPC at least 3 times, some alot more.
    Also if like the power gaming Xan is an amazing choice, since choose his class, the options are mage, fighter/mage or sorcerer. I think you can also give him any of the subclasses of mage, not sure on that one, as I always make him a sorcerer.
    Also the mod covers TOB, adds like 3 or 4 missions and is all around good fun.
    Also you can pick him up really early on, whereas good old Solaufien you can only get pretty much at the end of BG2.
    One caveat, the mod is fully voiced and I personally couldn't stand the voice acting, but luckily there is a add on mod to replace the voice acting with the original soundset from BG1.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited May 2015
    I couldn't stand the Soluafien mod. It terrible in every regard.

A. Soluafien is a FIGHTER, not a Fighter/Mage.

B. He's Chaotic Neutral, not Chaotic Good.

C. He is not a whiny, mopey EMO. In fact the mod treats him almost exactly opposite of the Soluafien we see in-game when he is being candid with you.

D. And the mod pushes him into the forefront of events almost as much as the pedobait pally.
    WithinAmnesialolienSmilingSword

I couldn't stand the Soluafien mod. It terrible in every regard.

All good points - I guess we can be charitable and say that the mod was written fifteen years ago, and hasn't aged particularly well; there's no question that it could be done better today.
    WithinAmnesia[Deleted User]
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2015
    Perhaps a reputation related mod that would allow me to bribe the amnish guard to avoid getting ambushed whenever I do something wrong in the city. Similar to how you pay a license to cast magic to the cowled wizards. If it is at all possible to make a mod for something like this.

I never really want to duke it out with the amnish guard, due to accidentally frying nearby shopkeeper npcs for example.
    WithinAmnesiaBrer_Rabbit
    Yeah a reputation mod to pay off guards for evil parties would be great. Also a mod for BGEE that evens out quest rewards for evil parties, I think BG2 has one. Would be nice to get the same exp etc for taking the evil choices instead of losing out.
    WithinAmnesia
    edited May 2015
    Would anyone like a New Recruitable Non-Player Character with her own Custom Items and Personal Quests on a Completely New Forged-From-Scratch Isle of Pirate Safe-Haven?
    *Update*: *Upcoming Content*: The Isle of Mintarn Pirate Haven Extraordinaire! (Hyper-Link): http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41457/upcoming-content-the-isle-mintarn-pirate-haven-extraordinaire

I already have the Character and her Items 'fleshed out', see take a look:
    Adventure Forth!: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37893/osprey-the-fighter-mage-new-non-player-character
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Some time ago @WithinAmnesia asked if I had any ideas to make into (a) mod(s) that hadn't been created yet.

I've given this question a thorough thought.

- a solid longbow for late SoA and ToB, as a variant, with 3 APR (maybe as the famous longbow from IWD);

- lines of a dialogue for a situation when your romantic partner dies and then gets resurrected for both BGEE and BG2EE;

- a further progress for the Spirit Animals of the Totemic Druid after the 10th level;

- a returning thrown dagger up to +2 for BG1;

- an own stronghold for a Blackguard and several quests related to it, different to the fighters' ones (BG2);

- the availability of all 5th level arcane spells in scrolls in BG1 (now, several are missing both in stores and as a loot);

- an option to include Arkanis and Deder into your party when you find them in the Candlekeep catacombs in BG1;

- transferring the Priest of Tempus kit from IWDEE exactly as it is into BG1 and BG2;

- adding a progress to the Poison Weapon ability with levels;

- Tiax surviving the Irenicus fight and becoming available as a party member since then: not only he's a great NPC concept-wise but also a thief who can improve with levels, thus giving an alternate option for BG2 thieves;

As it turnes out, this list could serve as a list of official feature requests but it would be absolutely fine to get all these ideas (or at least a few of them) as mod components.
    lolienWithinAmnesiaKurumiNoobacca
    edited May 2015
    [Spoiler]
    bengoshi said:

Some time ago @WithinAmnesia asked if I had any ideas to make into (a) mod(s) that hadn't been created yet.

I've given this question a thorough thought.

- a solid longbow for late SoA and ToB, as a variant, with 3 APR (maybe as the famous longbow from IWD);

- lines of a dialogue for a situation when your romantic partner dies and then gets resurrected for both BGEE and BG2EE;

- a further progress for the Spirit Animals of the Totemic Druid after the 10th level;

- a returning thrown dagger up to +2 for BG1;

- an own stronghold for a Blackguard and several quests related to it, different to the fighters' ones (BG2);

- the availability of all 5th level arcane spells in scrolls in BG1 (now, several are missing both in stores and as a loot);

- an option to include Arkanis and Deder into your party when you find them in the Candlekeep catacombs in BG1;

- transferring the Priest of Tempus kit from IWDEE exactly as it is into BG1 and BG2;

- adding a progress to the Poison Weapon ability with levels;

- Tiax surviving the Irenicus fight and becoming available as a party member since then: not only he's a great NPC concept-wise but also a thief who can improve with levels, thus giving an alternate option for BG2 thieves;

As it [turns] out, this list could serve as a list of official feature requests but it would be absolutely fine to get all these ideas (or at least a few of them) as mod components.

[/Spoiler]Oh hrmmn, I love this list that you thoughtfully constructed @bengoshi although I will be completely honest and say what I can reasonably do with my current skill set at the moment:

*I am focusing on new content for the Original Baldur's Gate for around three years or so. This predictably means that the community will have to wait for the Baldur's Gate II content in the future unfortunately.* This is why most everything that could be related to Baldur's Gate II has been left out @bengoshi

- a returning thrown dagger up to +2 for BG1 (Definite I can do this *A clear path I can see already to the mod's creation*)

- the availability of all 5th level arcane spells in scrolls in BG1 (now, several are missing both in stores and as a loot) (I could definitely make these with their own Item B.A.M.s)

- an option to include Arkanis and Deder into your party when you find them in the Candlekeep catacombs in BG1 (*Working on it*) .. Hey @bengoshi ! What if there was a "Help me I am real, NO I am real pick me!" *King David and the baby with two mothers* kind of deal going on with the doppelgangers and Deder and Arkanis? *Although one should be able to have all of one's party members and 'new' N.P.C.s (in the area) be able to leave the catacombs rather than be stuck down there -forever-... :/*

Here is what I can almost do:
    - lines of a dialogue for a situation when your romantic partner dies and then gets resurrected for both BGEE and BG2EE. I would need to do some research firstly on how it would work internally. *Is not a 'super modder' yet.

- an own stronghold for a Blackguard and several quests related to it, different to the fighters' ones (BG2)
    (I know that this is not related to The Original Baldur's Gate, but I thought that it was as good as any other opportunity to reveal my modelling progress to the Baldur's Gate world.)

- transferring the Priest of Tempus kit from IWDEE exactly as it is into BG1 and BG2. To be honest I have no idea nor a clue (as of 11:43 PM 27/05/2015) as to how to do this nor how to introduce new kits in general into Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Although I should be able to find out how :) .

Thank You kindly gentlemenly @bengoshi for considering my initial question and giving an in depth reply. I am deeply thankful and grateful.
    JuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
    More banter packs!
    WithinAmnesiaBrer_Rabbit
    A friendship pack for Safana with additional banter and maybe a quest?
  • I would like to see the resurrection of the druidic sorcerer kit. Able to play in BG EE through ToB. Druid through BG then Sorcerer starting in BG2 after gaining an item. Maybe some unique weapons like a new staff, that calls a Shambling Mound or 2.
    lolien
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    The ability to install awesome stuff to Android BGEE...
    lolien