Skip to content

Anyone else having problems with the forum website?

124»

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Logged in and the page reloaded to accomplish that task, and in that while I was logged out again!
    Also 503'd while posting this comment!
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Guru meditation kicks butts today:)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I was logged out soooooo many times in the last 10 minutes.
    I was also 503'ed about the same and I didn't have permission to post for a minute and I was logged out and in at the same time for a moment, which was interesting, but I don't think I would like to go back.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I think the goddess of chaos (Lolth) is at work here!
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    FORUMS! Stop telling me I can't check MY notifications!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I'm glad the broken image for a name dropper badge has been fixed somehow. I sense wild magic here (first in breaking this image and then in fixing it).
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Interesting. I just succesfully liked a few posts without being logged in.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Anyone else having problems uploading files?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    More problems :(
    My biggest issue is simple logging out when I try to load up a new page. I haven't had any 503's, and nothing else seems to be troublesome. Although saying I'm having very few problems is asking for it just as much as dancing in front of a dragon while wearing a dress made of meat...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Then vanilla god are angryimage
    I don't think I've ever seen this before.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    ^^^^ I haven't seen that one yet. *knocks on wood* But the site sure is acting up today.
    I just had some problems for the first time in ages. I couldn't load my profile and I got logged out once. I hope that was just a freak accident.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Today I can't go to 2nd, 3rd and so on pages of my participated discussions - every time I click on them, I still get the 1st page of my participated discussions.
    There's another problem happening today: after you attach an image, a thumbnail is broken, so you can't see the image you've attached.

You can still insert it into your post (the image will work just fine) and delete. To check if your image is there (in the post), use the preview button.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2015
    Been a while, but I just got that screen with the picture of the server bank when I tried to load a page... Things seem to have been running a bit slower for me in general lately too... Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come...

Ahh. The screen claims they are doing maintenance... Shouldn't last too long in that case (if that is the case).
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    The forums website seems to have some issues with the Beamdog bar at the top of each page for some time, as you can see in the screenshot. It started when Beamdog moved the forums from forum.baldursgate.com to forums.beamdog.com. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @argent77, I haven't see that at all. My only suggestion would be clearing the browser cache.
  • BenArledgeBenArledge Member Posts: 34
    @argent77 I'm trying to duplicate what you're seeing but I'll need some more details...

Which browser/version are you using? As @Troodon80 mentioned, it could be a matter of clearing your cache.

Do you have any anti-virus software and/or browser plug-in's that may be interfering? Try turning them off temporarily to see if that makes a difference.
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    I keep getting logged out, no matter which link, or which computer I login with. It's frustrating when I visit the forums on alternating computers all the time!
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Problem solved. After fiddling a bit with my firewall settings and browser add-ons I was able to fix this issue. It was probably an issue of blocked external content on the website.
    Good to know, thanks @argent77. I'm going to move some of the site scripts around to avoid external script blocking, for those with beefed up security settings.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

Good to know, thanks @argent77. I'm going to move some of the site scripts around to avoid external script blocking, for those with beefed up security settings.

@BenArledge just FYI.
    Same experience as @argent77 , two differences though.
    In https I started to see this left column before your domain name change and
    the top bar problem was fixed without any change on my side (probably a couple of hours ago).
    Ah and yes only memory caching, Firefox Private Browsing.
    Another humble comment.
    You may want to reassess the use of encryption.
    Forcing encryption on the sign in process is fine, especially if the beamdog client shares such credentials with the web forums (cannot remember). However I doubt there are benefit from extending it to the whole site. At the moment, beyond the first page, the system serves a mix of encrypted and unencrypted elements anyway.
    And if you confirm your decision to use encryption, don't you want to buy and deploy a certificate with your own certified name? :smiley:
    @Musigny We're in the process of adding an SSL certificate. ;) Stay tuned.
    Cool. Thanks for all the improvements!