Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    bob_veng said:

If anyone here is looking for a bit of a "challenge," perhaps someone here could give a "Baldur's touch" to this picture here:

I'm thinking of using this pic for a gnome multi-class (cleric/thief or cleric/illusionist).

I'm not looking for anything fancy, I prefer the face to remain largely the way that it is - I suppose that I just want it to look less like a photograph and more like artwork so that it fits in with the other BG portraits.

Here's a larger version of the same pic, if it helps:

Thanks in advance.

credits to artastrophe for the image i used as a background for the face
    Wow, thanks!!
    lolienbob_vengJuliusBorisovDapifer
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I like the Neera. Doesn't fit with the image I have in my mind for her, but the work is very very good! (I think about her having a very plain, girl-next doorish look, besides the elven ears and hair obv.)
    JuliusBorisov
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    I guess, from time to time and among other things, wild magic can transform you an 80's fashion icon
    JuliusBorisovlolienvierrae
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    edited May 2015
    bengoshi said:

bob_veng said:

Thank you a lot for these portraits! An awesome work!

The girl at the top looks a bit like Lindsay Lohan.

• vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    bob_veng said:

and this one was not drawn from scratch: image

Nice retouch. It was not originally done for BG, so I like your version better.
    lolienbob_vengJuliusBorisov
    ^tx! :smile:

here's a quick one for mira sorvino fans (minus the blond hair)

again, credit to artastrophe for an image i used for compositing (exactly 0% painting done by myself)
    smeagolheartJuliusBorisovelminster
    Since we're kind of collaborating, here's a bigger image with some minor tweaks
    bob_vengJuliusBorisovlolienFoggy
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Just posting to thank the artists for pictures. Actually, does everyone have art threads where I can look at your NPCs? I'd like to browse and borrow and thank you guys there, if possible. It's kinda hard to tell who did what in here...
    lolien
    edited May 2015

Just posting to thank the artists for pictures. Actually, does everyone have art threads where I can look at your NPCs? I'd like to browse and borrow and thank you guys there, if possible. It's kinda hard to tell who did what in here...

Sure, I do have deviantart page
    http://vierrae.deviantart.com/
    Post edited by vierrae on
    Brer_Rabbit

for alien fans
    JuliusBorisovlunarlolien
    zooey tried some green contacts the other day
    KamigoroshivierraelolienJuliusBorisov
    Would it be okay if I asked for help getting a portrait on an NPC character in here? Or would that be derailing? (Before you start linking, I tried everything else, no cigar. I'm hoping some artist or purveyour in here has an Android and can help me out).
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    bob_veng said:

zooey tried some green contacts the other day

Oh dear; it's Alora turning even more Batshit Insane than she already were. And by the looks of it she changed her occupation to Shadowdancer as well.

"Bloody-bloody gore-gore~♬"
    bob_vengGodJuliusBorisovlunar
    wynona bleaches her teeth on a daily basis
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Okay, I'm just going to ask my question in here and hope it gets noticed--

I'm on an Android phone, and even though I made a folder named "override" next to my "saves" folder and put in my IMOENL.bmp picture, her image won't change in any of my saved games. Can I only see replaced NPC pics in new games or something? Help? :( I want this to work so I can replace Faldorn and Branwen next.

@virrae: Nice work, I like that picture. I'll steal it if my game finally decides to replace NPC faces properly.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @Brer_Rabbit try putting it in a folder called "portraits". It should be created in the same directory as "save" and "override".
    Brer_Rabbitlolien
    edited May 2015
    Kilivitz said:

@Brer_Rabbit try putting it in a folder called "portraits". It should be created in the same directory as "save" and "override".

I tried that earlier and Dee suggested trying "override". The thread for reference:

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41476/trouble-with-npc-portraits#latest

I'll give it another go though!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    vierrae said:

If I were a girl, I'd fall in love. Absolutely astounding portrait!
    vierraeBrer_Rabbit
    edited May 2015
    bengoshi said:

If I were a girl, I'd fall in love. Absolutely astounding portrait!

Thank you, I'm flattered!
    JuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Is anybody good with photo shop? What I am looking for is unique but probably not to difficult for somebody creative with a a few minutes to kill. 'Charnam" Doom Crow is a Priest of Talos (Talassan), and as such he wears black garments (robe, cloak, etc.) and an eye patch. Wields blunt weapons and heavy armor. I'm going to multi-class to mage at level 11 so robes and a quarterstaff works well too. The eyepatch is a must and the more sinister the avatar the better.

Thanks! :)
    This is wicked close! :)

Maybe I don't need the scar, unless he actually self mutilated his eyeball! Now that's devotion??
    .jpg 23.9K
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Lateralus 's thread merged with this one. You'd be more likely to find the help you need if your request is seen by this thread's artists :)
    lolienLateralus
    bob_veng said:

@Lateralus
    i felt that adding the weapon was unnecessary

credit to artastrophe and someone else for original images

That is stunningly good, thank you! :joy:
    bob_vengJuliusBorisovlolien
  • The_VityazThe_Vityaz Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2015
    In case anyone's interested: The Gwent card game from the new Witcher 3 has some rather nice and more low-fantasy character artwork.

Entire artwork set here:
    https://imgur.com/a/0xdCy
    https://imgur.com/a/2eKNv

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Post edited by The_Vityaz on
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovlolienbob_veng