Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2015
    I think it's about time to reveal us at least the official title for this game .......
    smeagolheartwojtek
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Burning Question: Will Dynaheir fix her "thees" and "thys"? It drove me bonkers in the first game...
    CalmarmeaglothJairyanna
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

Burning Question: Will Dynaheir fix her "thees" and "thys"?

Hell to the no! The way she speaks is one of her main and best traits.
    artificial_sunlightAnduinJuliusBorisov
    Woah, I may have accidentally started a fire in here! XD

I'm not saying replace her "thees" and "thys". Just using them correctly. I believe they're reversed in the game, which drove me nuts.
    AnduinCalmarMontresor_SPJairyanna
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    As far as I know they are used correctly.
    AnduinAdsoBladeDancerlolien
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015

I'm a writer. Pretty much everything I do is a desperate cry for attention.

I have to admit that is rather (for lack of a better term) 'cute' of you to admit. Heartwarming if I say so myself:-).
    P.S. I have to additionally admit that I love writing on the side *cough* giant item descriptions *cough* but (For lack of finding a polite way of saying this to my best attempts and several edits) how can one play the bills with writing alone?:S
    Brer_Rabbit
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736

Is everyone who frequents these forums here just hungry for likes, insightfuls and fistfuls of agrees? For I see a lot of 'like bait' kicking around the treads and I am guilty of it too *cough* silly pictures, puns *cough*. Although I am wondering who is honest enough to say that they are posting for the likes, agrees and insightfuls? (Although being social in general counts too :-P) We are social creatures after all :-)

I have said so months ago :)
    Ardanis said:

lordkim said:

Time ?? They aint got time .... They are to busy spamming this thread !!!!!!!

We're just farming free likes here, really :)
    AstroBryGuyelminsterAnduinlolien
    edited May 2015
    bengoshi said:

Ok, before it goes to far, I'd like to remind everyone to not go too far off-topic. You can discuss writers and their desire for an attention, forum hunger for reactions in other topics.

'Oh here comes the fun police >.>' Although my heart says no, my mind agrees with you @bengoshi , we *should* 'be___on___topic'.. I guess *holds head up with hands, elbows on desk*:/.
    Brer_RabbitJuliusBorisov
    edited May 2015
    Ardanis said:

Does everyone here need more hugs in real life:-)? I remember a year ago that I needed more hugs when I went from living in a *super fun social environment* to *Hey it is just me.. by myself.. In a new town with no friends.. wee..*:(
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    An underground gnome village is a match made in heaven for my gnome thief/cleric of Urdlen. The only evil gnome deity, I will corrupt the whole village.

I shall make haste to finish nu first EE run.
    Anduin

Ardanis said:

Does everyone here need more hugs in real life:-)? I remember a year ago that I needed more hugs when I went from living in a *super fun social environment* to *Hey it is just me.. by myself.. In a new town with no friends.. wee..*:(
    ... Is there such a thing as having an excess of hugs? >_>

And I'm plowing through BGI, so new stuff is always welcome. :)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Ardanis said:

... Is there such a thing as having an excess of hugs? >_>

And I'm plowing through BGI, so new stuff is always welcome. :)
    Yes, try watching an overly clinchy boxing match. Or a really late game hockey fight between actual players (who are often by late 3rd period pretty tired). Or two mediocre Sumo. Or go to a rave. ;)
    Brer_RabbitjustfeelinathomeJuliusBorisov
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535

June 21st is the Summer Solstice. They said they would make an announcement in "late spring." If I haven't heard any news about Adventure Y by my birthday, then I'll know that was a lie.

Please make an announcement soon!

Late spring as in Edmonton. I just got confirmation today, that spring HAS COME to Edmonton this week.
    Late spring... soon, i guess.

Unless they meant Southern Hemisphere spring? that is half a year away
    [Deleted User]AnduinWithinAmnesiaJuliusBorisov
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    bengoshi said:

I'm loving the twitter boom of the Beamdog staff that happened in the last 24 hours.

Apparently there will be chickens involved in the Adventure Y (ohhh, Melicamp, is that you again?):

The drow language will be there too:

The phrase means: "To to walk alone from House and Queen is to to walk among the grave"

So, the Adventure Y will indeed include the Underdark.
    Sounds more like a lonely (one without a house and queen) drow, isn't it?
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

bengoshi said:

I'm loving the twitter boom of the Beamdog staff that happened in the last 24 hours.

Apparently there will be chickens involved in the Adventure Y (ohhh, Melicamp, is that you again?):

The phrase means: "To to walk alone from House and Queen is to to walk among the grave"

That's how I interpreted it too. So Baeloth is confirmed! ;)
    AnduinVasculio
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    bengoshi said:

Ok, before it goes to far, I'd like to remind everyone to not go too far off-topic. You can discuss writers and their desire for an attention, forum hunger for reactions in other topics.

Awww...

*Anduin removes picture of potato shaped like a y*
    Brer_Rabbitelminsterlolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2015
    bengoshi said:

That's how I interpreted it too. So Baeloth is confirmed! ;)

Underdark-> Baeloth? Let's hope for a deep characterization of this great character.... ( possible dialogs with Viconia? Who knows....)
    Vasculio
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    That lonely drow could be Viconia? She left her mother and house not too long ago, maybe she's feeling the effects. She certainly seems softer in BG2 than the original :)
    Vasculio
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    It's also possible that the game will just involve the drow in general, since that saying was a generic greeting for dark elves in BG2.
    JuliusBorisov
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited May 2015

bengoshi said:

I suspect more... FOUL play coming up soon. ;)

Underdark, huh? Looks like I'll be forced once again to kick some Mind Flayer ass, or die trying...
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited May 2015

That lonely drow could be Viconia? She left her mother and house not too long ago, maybe she's feeling the effects. She certainly seems softer in BG2 than the original :)

Highly unlikely. Her home was destroyed in 1297 DR, and she was years gone before that time, so it has been long ago. Too long for her to feel the effects decades later in 1368 DR.
    Post edited by BladeDancer on
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited May 2015
    Calmar said:

elminster said:

As far as I know they are used correctly.

What is that, what did I hear? You called for a smartass? No problem, let's go!

"Thy called?" should be "Thou called?". "Whatever thy need" should be "Whatever thou needst" (unless she means "Whatever your/thy need [is]").
    "Who art thou to touch me like you know me?", for on the other hand, is correct.

"Thy" meaneth 'your' as in "Love thy neighbour".
    The point was to make her sound foreign. It actually is her that makes an occasional gramatical mistake, not the writer. This should be preserved and she should also make similar mistakes in the newly written dialogue.
    :smile:
    AstroBryGuy[Deleted User]
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    ...illithid shaped carrot?

Yes, I also see only an illithid with a small birth defect resulting in only 3 tentacles. *nods*