Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Since elminster talked about making a mod to make him joinable, i guess the answer is: initialy he won't be, but forumites get access to the "special edition" in which he will be. =P

I WAS going to mention this, but Elmo didn't specify what type of mod the character would go through.

Perhaps it is a romance mod for the joinable dwarven NPC. Cant get no beard love without one atm.
    justfeelinathomelolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I really hope he is recruitable, and not as a mod. As an iphone player, I don't get access to *any* mods. Which makes me sad, especially when really cool ones come out.
    AnduinDelvarianlolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    But @Grum ! You get to watch TV and play BG! How can you lose!
    lolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Anduin said:

But @Grum ! You get to watch TV and play BG! How can you lose!

By not getting mods like the NPC project, unfinished business, SCS, or Elminster's dwarf NPC mod that he mentioned. :(
    lolienAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Adul said:

Do we have any info on whether @elminster 's dwarf NPC is recruitable?

Grum said:

I really hope he is recruitable, and not as a mod. As an iphone player, I don't get access to *any* mods. Which makes me sad, especially when really cool ones come out.

It has been previously confirmed that elminster's NPC won't be recruitable in the Adventure Y. Nearly as soon as Beamdog announced the winner in the contest, it was said that the fans' NPC won't be recruitable.

So, our hope is that elminster will finish his mod and it will be available as soon as the Adventure Y is released.
    AdullolienGrumVasculio
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Several tweets from Trent Oster:

So, this is the second confirmation of an improved UI, after the leaked screenshots.

Beamdog won't be at E3, so the announcement, if it really happens in June, should happen somewhere else.
    cmk24Adullolien
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Talk of Daran raises an interesting question: does Adventure Y have enough NPCs for a complete party, alignment-wise? Or are we stuck with the canon party plus Neera and Rasaad?
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
    lolien
    shawne said:

elminster said:

The reason I went with a good aligned dwarf is because most dwarves you encounter in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are either neutral or evil. Even the neutral ones are pretty much going to be either a mercenary or trader. Most of whom aren't particularly fleshed out or when they are they tend to be jerks. In the original games the only dwarfs I can recall of any substance that are good aligned are Yeslick and Bruenor.

Not to criticize prematurely, but it would've been nice to see a kickass dwarf woman for once... :(
    With a beard!
    NonnahswriterlolienAnduin
    shawne said:

Talk of Daran raises an interesting question: does Adventure Y have enough NPCs for a complete party, alignment-wise? Or are we stuck with the canon party plus Neera and Rasaad?

My guess is that we'll be able to import into the Adventure Y any party we had in BGEE (no matter who were the NPCs), so there will be enough NPCs of any alignment already. + There will be an NPC (or several of them) in the Adventure Y to add to that.

The question is: how the situations when you don't import a save into the Adventure Y will be dealt? I guess there will be some sort of a ToB-like operation to summon NPCs from BG1 pool for this adventure.
    _Luke_lolien
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited June 2015
    bengoshi said:

My guess is that we'll be able to import into the Adventure Y any party we had in BGEE (no matter who were the NPCs), so there will be enough NPCs of any alignment already. + There will be an NPC (or several of them) in the Adventure Y to add to that.

An unlikely prospect, given that you'd then need scripted content for 29 potential characters plus whoever else turns up.

haha thats a good one.

"Not to criticize" Sure, sure.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.
    deltago said:

With a beard!

Pretty sure EE female dwarf paperdolls don't have beards anymore...
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
    edited June 2015
    shawne said:

bengoshi said:

An unlikely prospect, given that you'd then need scripted content for 29 potential characters plus whoever else turns up.
    I really think there will be such a content. If not voiced over in some cases, then simply in the form of dialogue lines. There're approx 500 000 words in the Adventure Y. A part of them could be well spent on party interactions regarding the transfer of NPCs.
    mlneveseNonnahswriter
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited June 2015
    shawne said:

Not to criticize prematurely, but it would've been nice to see a kickass dwarf woman for once... :(

I agree - that is why I was very happy when I discovered the characters you can travel with in Sword Coast Legends :)
    Shorties - female shorties especially - definitely need some love.

PS: The gif with Shania Twain is pure awesome!
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

There is one caveat: While your party WILL be present at the start of Adventure Y, the availability of all BG:EE companions throughout Adventure Y isn't guaranteed.

Alora clearly elopes with Yeslick and Kagain, and they poly happily ever after...
    Anduin[Deleted User]lolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

There is one caveat: While your party WILL be present at the start of Adventure Y, the availability of all BG:EE companions throughout Adventure Y isn't guaranteed.

Huh. Is Adventure Y going to tackle the BG1 custom party > BG2 starting party dichotomy? That kinda sounds like it.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    deltago said:

I WAS going to mention this, but Elmo didn't specify what type of mod the character would go through.

Yes I was deviously vague about that wasn't I :)
    bengoshi said:

So, our hope is that elminster will finish his mod and it will be available as soon as the Adventure Y is released.

You are correct in that he will not be recruitable in the base game. I don't actually mind this and I'm actually tremendously appreciative of (and very impressed with) what Overhaul has done with him given the sliver of info I provided for them in my pitch for the character. In terms of when he will be released I haven't decided on those details yet.
    mlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i hope the canon party won't be "imposed" on you at some point in order to replace the non-canon members and minsc, jaheira et al. won't spring out of nowhere to join you
    bob_veng said:

i hope the canon party won't be "imposed" on you at some point place the non-canon members and minsc, jaheira et al. won't spring out of nowhere to join you

They will. And then Irenicus and Co is going to spring out and kill everyone starting with Dyna, which will make Minsc go berserk, killing any non recurring NPCs (sorry Alora lovers), while the evil NPCs (Edwin, Vic) slink away from the battle.

People like Xzar, Monty, Xan and Ajantis will excuse themselves having to report back to thier respective orders to announce the iron crisis is over before this happens leaving a nice gaping hole in your party for new NPCs (or old ones) though.

Done right it can be very fluid in the delivery of having the BG2 starting party crammed down your throat.
    Vasculioartificial_sunlight
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    deltago said:

bob_veng said:

i hope the canon party won't be "imposed" on you at some point place the non-canon members and minsc, jaheira et al. won't spring out of nowhere to join you

They will. And then Irenicus and Co is going to spring out and kill everyone starting with Dyna, which will make Minsc go berserk, killing any non recurring NPCs (sorry Alora lovers), while the evil NPCs (Edwin, Vic) slink away from the battle.

People like Xzar, Monty, Xan and Ajantis will excuse themselves having to report back to thier respective orders to announce the iron crisis is over before this happens leaving a nice gaping hole in your party for new NPCs (or old ones) though.

Done right it can be very fluid in the delivery of having the BG2 starting party crammed down your throat.
    Reason why they should bring back Baeloth
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    To all devs:

- Will iPad users be able to buy multiple items with a double tap?
    - Will Bluetooth Keyboards be supported?
    edited June 2015
    The more I find out about the Adventure Y, the more I'm becoming sure that it will cover everything players have been wanting to become possible in regards to the BG1-BG2 import.

Alignment-based party members here sound like a step in the direction of getting different characters in the Chateau Irenicus as well.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    lolienartificial_sunlight

I wonder if it is specifically stated "BG:EE companions" instead of "BG companions". If so, then I guess it means Baeloth will use the first opportunity and leave as soon as the first drow enforcement is met in the Underdark.
    AedanAnduinartificial_sunlight
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    bengoshi said:

Alignment-based party members here sound like a step in the direction of getting different characters in the Chador Irenicus as well.

maybe an alternative canon - dorn and baeloth for an evil pc instead of minsc and jaheira. that'd be nice.

i don't think going further than that is possible because bg1 npcs are, to a large extent, already represented in bg2
    deltago said:

bob_veng said:

precisely what i'm afraid of. i know it won't be that lame but i what i really want is for it to be not-at-all lame which is probably impossible.