Skip to content

#12311 BGII:EE should not show a blank screen on Android devices

124»

Comments

• HayzardHayzard Member Posts: 9
    I still think Samsung mucked something up though, since every other device I have that's on lollipop can still play BG:EE and Shadowrun.
  • pauleywogzpauleywogz Member Posts: 14
    Yes, I have to agree, after speaking with Samsung, they are definitely more at fault here and deserve the bigger slap than Beamdog. They don't even seem to care that we have this issue =/
  • walaakoidwalaakoid Member Posts: 10
    for some reason, playing bg2 on my computer feels so different even if i can use a mouse..
    playing bg2 on my samsung tab gave me a sense of power, something like "i'm playing an all-time epic rpg on my portable device on the go, when years ago, you can only play it in front of a computer".
    it almost felt like reading (and retelling to your liking) a classic novel anywhere in the world, even in the comfort of your house or office-when everybody else must go to the library just to see a copy..
    we hope for a 'patched' bg2 soon-the fans need it, the buyers deserve it
    I've never personally played on tablet but I will say that I'm a keyboard/mouse guy, thanks to WoW >,> Hotkeys do come in handy though, especially when having to click silly things like bard song or find traps, constantly. But can I sacrifice it for being portable?? Hellz ya!! Must get ffffffiiiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxeeed....
    hi just checking if this thread's dead..am hoping things're going well with any upcoming fix/patch
    What's it gonna take I wonder.....
    im considering installing custom ROM (to make my tab s on 5.1 lollipop) on my current lollipop 5.0.2. does anyone have any idea if this might work, or would i just void my warranty (as i have to root my device) for nothing?
    do you guys think updating my tab s to (custom ROM) 5.1 lollipop will solve this mess?
  • empmaxempmax Member Posts: 5
    I think the best option ..is probably to backup your device ..and restore to factory setting (running 4.something) then block the update in your settings.....keep your backup for about 2-3months after and check again in here because im sure the update will STILL not be available because hey ...probably theres 1 guy working on it in there...and that guy is enjoying his summer holidays..

But really..i wouldnt personally recommend rooting your device since you may be voiding the warranty and mostly for security issues ..but hey if you do..you can always "unroot" it ;)
    Lol, I'm enjoying final fantasy tactics at the moment.....DON'T NEED YOU BEAMDOG, THAT'S WUSSUP!
  • oneyedjackoneyedjack Member Posts: 2
    Please update on the beta, and when we may get an update fix. I played this game on a PC back when it first hit stores in 1995. I put this version on all my tablets for me and the kids. We really love it.....let's us know......
  • GTazDevilGTazDevil Member Posts: 12
    walaakoid said:

im considering installing custom ROM (to make my tab s on 5.1 lollipop) on my current lollipop 5.0.2. does anyone have any idea if this might work, or would i just void my warranty (as i have to root my device) for nothing?
    do you guys think updating my tab s to (custom ROM) 5.1 lollipop will solve this mess?

Waalakoid,

I think you might be better off backing up your data and doing a factory reset. To my understanding (based on the support I received from Samsung) this should revert your system back to 4.4.x kit kat and does not require you to root your device (don't quote me on this though).

While this may not be ideal (i've chosen not to do it for the time being) it should at least allow apps such as BG:EE 1&2 IWDEE, Heros of Might and Magic, Shadowrun etc. to operate.
    empmax, GTazDevil,

have you tried factory resetting? are yo using samsung tab s, LTE version? im seriously considering to reset my samsung tab s 8.4 (LTE variant) from a crappy 5.0.2 lollipop to my former 4.4.2 kitkat os..
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @empmax @GTazDevil @walaakoid @oneyedjack @pauleywogz @Hayzard There's a Beamdog Beta community on Google+ now with a post including instructions on how to get access to the beta: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117936851041141665592

Opt into the beta, update the game on your devices, and then let me know if that fixes the blank screen issue for you. (Also let me know if it breaks something else, but it should be stable enough to play.)
    Thanks for the heads up Dee. I'm already part of the Beta, and so far it's been working pretty well.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    This is for all three games @Hayzard - believe you only had the beta of BGII:EE previously so you could try the others if you wished.
    Sweet, I'll get right on that when I get home. I'll be able to do a lot more checking on the others, I have extensive libraries of backed up saves for both BG:EE and IWD:EE.
  • One Cold CanuckOne Cold Canuck Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2015
    I'm getting a "connection reset" error when clicking any of the links on the community page.

EDIT: Works fine from the tablet itself! I was trying to click through on my PC when I received the error.
  • BROADSWORDBROADSWORD Member Posts: 8
    It didn't work for me. :(
    edited June 2015
    I had first uninstalled my old version after joining the test and then downloaded a new version. I don't think I waited long enough for the update to appear. So now I'm waiting. Fingers crossed.
    Yep, it's fixed! Thank you!! Will post any problems I encounter.
  • GTazDevilGTazDevil Member Posts: 12
    Dee said:

@empmax @GTazDevil @walaakoid @oneyedjack @pauleywogz @Hayzard There's a Beamdog Beta community on Google+ now with a post including instructions on how to get access to the beta: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117936851041141665592

Opt into the beta, update the game on your devices, and then let me know if that fixes the blank screen issue for you. (Also let me know if it breaks something else, but it should be stable enough to play.)

Hey guys,

I know we've given you a lot of flak over the last few weeks, so thanks for including us in this beta regardless of our attitude.

I've just purchased BG:EE as per your instructions and have successfully launched it (no black screen). I'll be doing some rigorous testing this weekend ;)

Once I've picked up some additional hard drive space I'll download the other two and confirm.
  • PivasikPivasik Member Posts: 3
    Dee said:

Install IWDEE on my Samsung SM N900 - game work great. Thank you!
    YES, FINALLY!! This made my horrible morning so much better.... thanks!
  • oneyedjackoneyedjack Member Posts: 2
    Hey, can I get another link to the update for BGEE. my wonderful satellite Internet failed, and I need the update again please. Thanks.....