Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    shawne said:

Website has info on the four new NPCs:

Schael Corwin: Human Archer
    Voghiln the Vast: Dwarf Skald
    M’Khiin Grubdoubler: Goblin Shaman
    Glint Gardnersonson: Gnome Cleric/Thief

I think that Voghiln is human...
    lolien
  • BGMonkeyBGMonkey Member Posts: 2
    If anyone knows, will a BG:EE patch be completely mandatory to play SoD? Will it be needed to import my saves? I'm just asking for the sake of mod compatibility.

(If anyone at Beamdog happens to see this, I'm really impressed by what you're doing for the new expansion. It really blew my mind!)
    elminster
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    News! REAL news! Ohhh, this is wonderful! I'm so glad I got distracted with Magic: the Gathering Origins for a few days, it all arrives like a birthday present.

Point of interest: this thread suddenly had about ~140 new replies when I checked in, which is about an order of magnitude more than usual.

It feels good to be a gamer again in this time of Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity and now Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. My only real concern: do Xan, Tiax, Alora and Xzar have new voice-acting? If not, I may be sorely tempted to trade out one of them on Veraka's playthrough for a new companion. Sorry mister dwarven skald, but this group's only big enough for one bard kit. Two gnomish cleric/rogues, on the other hand...
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Hey, I was watching the twitch and just realised that @PhillipDaigle is featured after Rasaad!
    wubbleCrevsDaak
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    Matthieu said:

One thing I am disapointed in is that I see a dragon in the screenshots.

Well, dragons are supposed to be rare. And within the Baldur's Gate saga you kill a lot. In BGII-SoA I count 3 shadow/black dragons, 1 red dragon, 1 silver dragon, and in Throne of Bhaal I counted 1 or 2 (can't remember for sure) green dragons, 1 blue dragon, 1 shadow dragon and 2 silver dragons.

I'm getting a dragon indigestion. Couldn't we get more fun things like... dunno a dinosaur pet or different demons and devils?

Missed the red in Watchers Keep and if you install ascension, there are a few more. 2 blacks, 1 yellow, 1 red and 1 purple. I think ascension is kinda canon right?

On another note random repost because more people are on this thread.

The thing that worries me about seige,
    BG2 is gonna need a huge revamp difficulty wise if we can now start with a level 12 party. I mean if you duel a fighter at lvl9 you would have your levels back before the start of BG2 no matter what you dueled into and that's rather OP for the beginning of BG2.
    Matthieu
  • tmcdtmcd Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 13
    edited July 2015
    Probably too early to ask this but is this coming to GOG?
    Sorry if it was asked before...
    Edit: By "this" I mean the expansion...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I wonder if we see Jon Irenicus in this................................... Am i right ?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Great job can't wait to play it, tho I do wonder with this new expansion coming up is the graphic quality of BGEE gonna be improve ?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    tmcd said:

Probably too early to ask this but is this coming to GOG?
    Sorry if it was asked before...
    Edit: By "this" I mean the expansion...

Probably. We publish on Beamdog and Steam first for PC, but we usually follow up with other platforms like GoG, GamersGate, etc.
    Vasculiocmk24Adsololien
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469

Shin said:

@Cerevant @Dee Since SoD is an expansion to BGEE, are the maps integrated? Will we be able to travel from SoD to the regular BG1 areas and back, or are they closed off once SoD starts?

It's in the style of Thone of Bhaal, so there are two new world maps that you'll be traveling around in. You cannot backtrack to areas from BG:EE. You'll be able to freely explore certain sections of Baldur's Gate, though.
    Do you guys plan to make a facebook page for Siege of Dragonspear?

Anduin
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Phil thanks for the replies.

1. Are we getting bg2 style banters for Npcs? I.e. will Alora, Xan, Shar-Teel, etc. talk to each other and CHARNAME?
    booinyoureyes
    2. Any chance in the future or an Enhanced Edition Trilogy game that combines bgee, bgSoD, and bg2ee in one game?
    Faydarkbooinyoureyes
    3. Any chance we could de'-hardcode npc limit of 5? With engine improvements, parties of 10 or more seem feasible and would be fun to mod.
    Faydark
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Wow, I'm super hyped for this. It's looking very good, can't wait to get my hands on this.
    I've question though - which old characters have additional voiced content in SoD besides Minsc? Which old voice actors are returning?
    LordRumfish
    4. Will we be able to move across maps and take summons / charmed creatures with us?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited July 2015
    Will the game be translated in other languages?

*Phillip Daigle casts Shadow Door*
    *Phillip Daigle runs away to avoid the question*
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    billbisco said:

3. Any chance we could de'-hardcode npc limit of 5? With engine improvements, parties of 10 or more seem feasible and would be fun to mod.

IIRC, and I could be wrong about this because I'm not a programmer, there isn't much stopping you in the engine from having a larger party.

However, UI limitations immediately come into effect: the multiplayer lobby, the sidebar with portraits, etc. etc. You'd basically need to design it around having more party members, or come up with a new UI that can scale (and perhaps doesn't need to devote as much space to each party member).
    Gotural
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232

Aramintai said:

I've question though - which old characters have additional voiced content in SoD besides Minsc? Which old voice actors are returning?

We'll be revealing most of the cast soon in a news article.

Nice, I think I've heard Edwin in the trailer as well.

Vasculio