Skip to content

Petition to build baths, restrooms and food stalls in Siege of Dragonspear.

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
edited July 2015 in Feature Requests
So far this game franchise had seen no baths, next to no restrooms and not a single tavern anywhere had *anything* to eat for their patrons. A gastronomic hell wherever you go...

The time is ripe to see some hygienic relieve facilities and full bellies, I say!

Don't look at me like that, I'm deadly serious~
  1. Petition to build baths, restrooms and food stalls in Siege of Dragonspear.72 votes
    1. Yes, build baths, restrooms and food stalls.
      29.17%
    2. Yes, build baths. But no restrooms, or food stalls.
        0.00%
    3. Yes, build restrooms. But no food stalls, or baths.
        2.78%
    4. Yes, build food stalls. But no baths, or restrooms.
        4.17%
    5. No, build neiter baths, restrooms, or food stalls.
        8.33%
    6. Let's just broaden the tavern menus with additional dishes and begone with this already.
        4.17%
    7. Who needs baths if we just as well could have hot springs resorts?
      13.89%
    8. Eh, I'm more of a shower person myself.
        4.17%
    9. I demand the addition of beer gardens to cope with any damn siege!
      12.50%
    10. There are too many choices in this petition.
      20.83%
SmilingSwordRavenslightdunbarButtercheeseAstroBryGuykcwiserorikonlolienbooinyoureyesEdvin

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    There's lots of toilets and baths. But, yes, no food.
    Kamigoroshikcwisejackjack
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    No mention of bidets? This is an outrage! *swigs beer*
    Kamigoroshikcwise
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    @Wesley only if he has a special battle cry if an enemy is targeting him with a sling.
    KamigoroshikcwiseGreenWarlock
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    More veggie menus and less petitions, I'd say. How about debating something and making the topic title an open question before putting up a petition straight away. Besides, petitions is not how good games are made. @billbisco
    Kamigoroshidunbar
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Anyone else want visiting saunas for some much needed detoxification? I sure am~
    Might be more effective for IWDII:EE and IWDIII though. Given the right outdoor temperatures.
    lolienkcwise
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Only if they sell :cookie:s.
    cmk24lolienkcwiseKamigoroshi
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @booinyoureyes I just cried a tear of joy over this statement :')
    booinyoureyesKamigoroshi
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

Besides, petitions is not how good games are made.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”
    ― Henry Ford
    KamigoroshiButtercheeseNonnahswriterbooinyoureyes
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Cerevant said:

― Henry Ford
    @Cerevant And that's exactly what Henry gave them and more!
    Buttercheesebooinyoureyes
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Going with the time people would ask for flying horses, diving horses and burrowing horses. Considering the ridiculous petrol prices. Well, either that or airborne gazebos.
    booinyoureyes
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited July 2015
    billbisco said:

Cerevant said:

― Henry Ford
    @Cerevant And that's exactly what Henry gave them and more!
    You should read The Horse in the City Living Machines in the Nineteenth Century by Clay McShane & Noel A. Tarr as to how there where very exact differences between horses and the mechanized transport that was to come. In fact, horses were considered dirty: they left piles of manure on the streets, were prone to diseases and epizoïcs (epidemics for animals), the stalls were liable to catch fire because of not only they were built with lots of wood, there was straw lying around but also the lamps, the oils used in the wagons, the effects of horses urine dripping down on the wagons causing dangerous fumes. Horses were very unlike cars. Of course, cars brought a whole different set of problems, but other problems than caused by the horses. They do have a thing in common though: deaths by traffic incidents.

Petitions is not how good games are made, good games are made by the creativity of it's artists and how they deal with the source material, taking into account what people like to see in a game, but not by upvotes or elections.

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2015
    @Son_of_Imoen We're getting real offtopic here. I'll make one last post. Great games are often made in conjuction with user requests. That's how BG2 was made. That's how many games are made. That's why after years and years of requests, McDonalds is poised to finally serve breakfast all day.

A petition is simply a request. Many of these topics are things that users have wanted for years. You don't have to agree with a request, but that does not make them bad in any sense. The devs will only know how you feel if speak up and it's better to do so earlier than later.
    Post edited by billbisco on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    billbisco said:

@Son_of_Imoen We're getting real offtopic here. I'll make one last post. Great games are often made in conjuction with user requests. That's how BG2 was made. That's how many games are made. That's why after years and years of requests, McDonalds is poised to finally serve breakfast.

It's 1972 where you are? :wink:
    KamigoroshiArcanis