Skip to content

What's your best stats roll?

Comments

• Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    my best roll was a ctrl-8
    semiticgoddessmlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    oh yeh well my best roll was a cntrl-8 with a halfOrc i subtracted two points pressed CTRL-8 and then bumped STR and CON up to 19 a perfect 110 stat total

I never played the character, though. Restartitis struck again.
    Elrandir
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If I edit all stats to 25 does it count? :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I repeat 95 on a wild mage! Do you understand the amount of Chaos I can produce with this? Hell, just today I turned a dire charm into a fireball...

Good times!!?
    Grum
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    A mage with 18 int and Wis then? Time to abuse wish spells!
    Grum said:

A mage with 18 int and Wis then? Time to abuse wish spells!

A Sorcerer with it is better :smiley:

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    elminster said:

Elf ranger 97.

This still hasn't changed in 2+ years. Though I did recently get a 96 on something. I think it was on a druid. :)
  • QuarfrynQuarfryn Member Posts: 3
    My best three rolls are 100, 101 and 104 - all of them on Dragon Disciple. Not that I could play that class with less than 98 roll anyway... :smiley:
    DragonKing
    Quarfryn said:

My best three rolls are 100, 101 and 104 - all of them on Dragon Disciple. Not that I could play that class with less than 98 roll anyway... :smiley:

If I rolled that I'd probably rush over to my four year old and excitedly show him. He'd be impressed and excited but wouldn't know why. I would do it to my wife but I don't think she would appreciate it as much...
    ElrandirSkaroseGotural
  • JatrrrJatrrr Member Posts: 31
    Over 15 y ago when Bg saga started, I rolled Paladin 38 (98 str /16) ... same day I hit Cleric with 36 (96) stats. Both after hours infront of huge ugly monitor - with no autoroll. Today it sounds like no big deal. But I remember the amount of happines even after years. :smiley:
    Second wave was when I kicked ass of dat ugly big red worm Firkraag with my Pal-undead-hunter group and touch Carsomyr... yay great palladin times.

Now I am playin again old BG1 ToSC, no mods EE,TuTu or smtg.

P.s.: I crossed an issue with converting saves to BG2 SoA (installed ToB, patched), concerning mainly keeping the amount of exp from BG1 and levels of course. It seems that, whatever lvl of char I made (saved/exported) in BG1 I alway start with 89 K exp in BG2. Suddenly I found tweak pack to BG2 and I used it to remove lvl cap (Used for BG1 in beggining in another version). Now the number of exported/converted exp. from BG1 is 161,000 for some reason. Ehm... and I simply forgot how I did this decade ago :smiley:

Sry to také place here in totally different topic, but I am new in forum an somehow new in playing BG series now after years. As I saw here around on forum, there is a plenty of mods for series... which is not really interisting for me. So I dont wanna re-create my BG1 char with some kind of KEEPER to keep HP, THACO, lvl in BG2 - if u understand my point of view. I read a lot of posts in whole forum last 3-4 days but I didnt see ansver for my question.
    which is:

Is there a chance to export any char playing BG1(ToSC) with exp. cap removed, and total experience over 161.000 ... into BG2 (to keep exp+lvl there .... let say 200.000 or even +) ?

This is my first post here and hopefully not last. If this is not the right place to ask such a question I understand and I am sorry again. Dunno if there is a chance to post/send some kinf of personal message, if not I can post my email adress to know solution.
    If anyone can help I would be thankful.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    rolled a Elf Archer not too long ago
    got a 95 good roll
    But had a 18/00 on strength
    Ardul
    @OzzyBotkins: An 18/00 is the best 18/xx you can get. That "00" isn't zero; it's a 100.
    edited August 2015
    Quarfryn said:

And now I know what to shoot for on my new CN DD!

rolled a Elf Archer not too long ago
    got a 95 good roll
    But had a 18/00 on strength

I hope you didn't let that roll go...
    semiticgoddess
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited August 2015
    Jatrrr said:

Is there a chance to export any char playing BG1(ToSC) with exp. cap removed, and total experience over 161.000 ... into BG2 (to keep exp+lvl there .... let say 200.000 or even +) ?

I used the xp cap remover that i found on this link: "https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10212/a-simple-xp-cap-remover/p1".
    I had no problems when i imported the Character to BG2EE, and i kept the xp.
    The only problem occures if you reach enough XP for HLAs... but it's a lot more than 200000 :smiley:
    JuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • TheVerySpecialKTheVerySpecialK Member Posts: 16
    A few weeks ago I decided to leave an auto-roller running all night, just to see what would happen. When I woke up, I had a Half-Elf Paladin with a 102 (18/93) roll total (two impossible things before breakfast)!

18/93

And yes, when I say "Paladin" I mean Paladin, not Cavalier or Inquisitor. Sure, my character isn't completely immune to Charm or Poison, but I've found that 102 rolls tend to... make up for such things.
    semiticgoddessmlnevese
    @TheVerySpecialK: 108 with 18/93 STR?

Now that's just silly.
  • TheVerySpecialKTheVerySpecialK Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2015

@TheVerySpecialK: 108 with 18/93 STR?

Now that's just silly.

Wait, it wasn't a 108. It was just a 102! And that's already silly enough (Boo agrees)!

semiticgoddess
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I rolled 99 after 4 or 5 clicks.
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015
    Rolling myself: 96 points with 18/00 STR Cleric Ranger, after 4 hours lifetime rolling to date. But 00 STR is too easy. I prefer my next best roll of 96 points with 18/95 STR.
    Autoroller: 102 points with 18/66 STR Cleric Ranger - cannot get higher even after trying 8 days straight, on 3 separate occasions.
    TheVerySpecialK
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    James_M said:

Rolling myself: 96 points with 18/00 STR Cleric Ranger, after 4 hours lifetime rolling to date. But 00 STR is too easy. I prefer my next best roll of 96 points with 18/95 STR.
    Autoroller: 102 points with 18/66 STR Cleric Ranger - cannot get higher even after trying 8 days straight, on 3 separate occasions.

Wait, wait - 18/00 is better than 18/95!
    semiticgoddessDaevelonWise_Grimwald
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2015
    My proudest roll is of my half-orc fighter/mage, my personal favorite Bhaalspawn.

STR: 19
    DEX: 18
    CON: 19
    INT: 16
    WIS: 14
    CHA: 10
    Total: 96

Obviously this isn't the highest roll ever, but considering how hard it is to even get 90+ without being a bard/paladin/druid and having a racial -2 to INT and CHA it was absolutely epic. This was also without auto-roller.
    TheVerySpecialK
    prochy said:

Just got one of my best rolls in 15 years of this addiction. For most of my chars i pick best out of 10 rerolls... this i got on 3rd reroll with human berserk:

STR: 18/100
    DEX: 17
    CON: 18
    INT: 10
    WIS: 15
    CHA: 18
    96/100 for human fighter.... thats one great roll (at least for me)

Daaaamn. He would make a great dual class, either thief or cleric
    GoturalWise_Grimwald
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    My best rolls are a bunch of 102 for Sorcerers, Dragon Disciple, Swashbuckler, Shadowdancer, Blackguards, F/M/T, Cleric/Ranger and maybe others I don't remember.

And ! A 103 for a Blackguard ( the one I'm actually playing ). I never got a roll above 103 still.
    BlackravenGrum
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2015
    I just got lucky with my Cavalier. I wasn't sure if i wanted to make a Cavalier or Undead hunter for my next trilogy no-reload run, so I picked Cavalier to spend some time rolling for good stats, while considering what kit to pick.

I just rolled a 98 on my Cavalier, and It made my choice easier, especially with the 18/00 STR. It's the first time I've gotten a high roll with a STR of 18/00. Normally I'll get a high roll and just ignore the STR bonus, as i'll pick up the STR tome and then it doesn't matter. That wasn't the case this time.

Half Elf (BG2tweaks)
    Cavalier

** Bastard Sword
    ** Sword and Shield Style.

18/00

I'm ready, this is going to be fun.
    GoturalGallowglassElrandirWise_Grimwald
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Nice roll, @SionIV! Pretty much the perfect Cavalier!
    SionIV
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2015

Nice roll, @SionIV! Pretty much the perfect Cavalier!

Yes, if he survives to throne of bhaal, he'll have 20 or above in every stat except intelligence.
  • NSSNSS Member Posts: 1
    Still struggling to find a character I'm totally happy with in vanilla BG after years of playing; I recently rolled up a fighter with 98 points which I now feel justified to reallocate in whatever way I like for future builds! Berserker9>Druid is calling to me after importing to 2 (with lots of 18s and 17s in the right places.) Maybe duo with Imoen dualed at 7 or 9 for traps, locks & scrolls xp and general magery.