Skip to content

What do you do in the holiday when you are waiting for SOD release ,

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
Beamdog is still targeting launch PC version within this year ,
But it really depends on how large of bug list ,

What do you do in your weekend ? except playing games ?

For me ? it's always ride my bicycle ~~~ and you ?
1.jpg 104.6K
2.jpg 64.7K

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I remember buying a brand new bike around july sometime, and took it out twice maybe 3 times, then I started to work and work and work, and now im working everyday all the way until late November sometime, but when I finally get some time off, im going to learn how to use this software I downloaded called unity, and try and make a video game or two
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I'm slowly making my way through my vinyl collection, converting it to digital and filling in the metadata at Musicbrainz and Cover Art Archive.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    darrenkuo said:

ride my bicycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0V0_1MS0Q&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dxt0V0_1MS0Q&has_verified=1

I'd go out on my bike but unfortunately i'm at uni and don't have a car so I can't really get to any trail centres. I'm a mountain biker rather than one of those silly road cyclists wearing lycra and all that *Edwin style muttering*, I also hate traffic when I'm on my bike. Fortunately as I'm back at uni there should be plenty of other stuff for me to do lectures, societies, drinking etc.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    look like I am watching Queen videos all weekend thanks to @wubble
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Working. There's no rest for the puddings.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    Fall is in the air and that means...Football!

Saturdays, I'll watch a few games and try and go to at least one or two college games.

Sundays, I might try and watch one NFL game with errands and chores in between.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I'll be at work, working, as always.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2015
    And take the photo , but less and less personal time after I have wife and daughter
    8.jpg 135.5K
    6.jpg 157.2K
    5.jpg 102.7K
    4.jpg 158.6K
    3.jpg 178.9K
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Reading.

There're as many as 41 novel in the Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, I haven't read even 1/4 of them!
    bengoshi said:

Reading.

There're as many as 41 novel in the Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, I haven't read even 1/4 of them!

I'd only read about 1/2 dozen of them. So when he died, I started reading all the Discworld novels in order. I'm up to #13, Small Gods.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Hotspring,

When can we get new SOD staff information...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    *OTHER* than playing games, been trying to learn a bit of Dutch, searching for a part-time job and to some degree, writing a bit of a fantasy novel of mine.

Well, when I say "write" I really mean "Think of all the potential loopholes, creating a universe and its history leading to the story, drawing maps, other artwork, creating lists of anything magical, learning a bit of a better English vocabulary, un-stereotypify (that's not a word) the stereotypes..." - it's a long process, I won't lie. In fact, the first concept of this story came to me back in 2004-ish. So it's been a while, but it's a fun thing to do. Keeps me busy when I'm doing nothing :D
    Takin' pictures, finishing up the G's and moving on to H.
    Who needs a large format scanner?

http://coverartarchive.org/release/539dec67-0299-4925-ab29-d2df0b9ae768/11595386613.jpg
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    BillyYank said:

bengoshi said:

Reading.

I'd only read about 1/2 dozen of them. So when he died, I started reading all the Discworld novels in order. I'm up to #13, Small Gods.
    I'm currently reading "Pyramids". My personal favorite is anything with Rincewind in it so I've read all of them out of order of course. But hey, it's Disk World.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2015
    I'm playing PIllars of Eternity for the first time. I haven't even completed Act I yet. Before that, I re-played the Neverwinter Nights OC, and got most of the way through Shadows of Undrentide before I got distracted with Pillars of Eternity, because it went on a half-off sale.

Wait a minute, does this topic mean that people do something *other* than play other rpg computer games while waiting for another rpg computer game to be released?

EDIT: Umm, I also like to watch TV while eating lunch and supper, and while putting myself to sleep after a well-spent day of playing computer rpg's. Does that count? I could talk about the TV shows I like. Geez Louise, I'm a pretty sad puppy at the game of life, no?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    I'm not sure, but it'll probably involve at least one serious panic attack.
    edited October 2015

EDIT: Umm, I also like to watch TV while eating lunch and supper, and while putting myself to sleep after a well-spent day of playing computer rpg's. Does that count? I could talk about the TV shows I like. Geez Louise, I'm a pretty sad puppy at the game of life, no?

I'm a reality TV junkie. The new seasons of Tanked and Fast & Loud are my dinner watching, with reruns of Rehab Addict and Fixer-Upper at lunch.

In other news, I'm up to the J's
    http://coverartarchive.org/release/0291d75d-51ad-4cb2-bf77-7f37d2eac757/11683292082.jpg

Also, I'm about to enter the Cloakwood on my first EE run through.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    This weekend I have work to do (school work, work work, many kinds of work really). But I also need to sleep. I'm not sure I fully have time to do all of it, so I think I just need to train myself in the next day or so to sleepwork. :)

(I imagine it would be like sleep walking but productive)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Oh, SOD it all.

As for me, I am currently majorly obsessing about Dark Souls (again). Once I get that out of my system, I plan on firing up (and hopefully finally getting into ) Dragon Age: Inquisition. Depending on how that goes, I still have to finish up Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation.

And if I get bored with any of that, Fallout 4 comes out next month. So my calendar is quite booked. It's a good thing I don't have a social life to speak of.