Skip to content

Are we there yet?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHwojtekBrer_RabbitJustLeft
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    How about now?
    ElendarMontresor_SPBhryaenCluas
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The answer to your question will always be no.

You can never physically be there. You can only be here.
    NimrandunbarWinterisleButtercheese
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    I've been wondering this myself for the past week or so. When SoD was announced I assumed that the beta would begin within several weeks. Or that we would at least get consistent updates until such a time.

Well it's been a little longer than that and we're still sitting on the same information as we started with.

I keep checking the forums expecting that one of these days the beta will begin or we'll get some new information, but we're still waiting...
    Brer_Rabbit
    How about now?
    Elendar
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    A bunch closer now I'm guessing. Time to post some Edwina pics.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Y'all need to chill and get in your planar sphere. Soon we'll be there!
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There’s no exact word on when we can expect the new expansion, other than "when it's ready".

According to Trent Oster, they're trying to release it this year but it will depend on the bug-fixing process.
    How about now?
    ElendarBrer_Rabbit
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24
    when its ready. lol
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    /me clicks on @BillyYank a bunch of times for the free (nerfed) XP.
    JuliusBorisovBrer_RabbitThe_Guilty_Party
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Yeah the wait is terrible please next time announce it one month in advance before beta release. This is worst than waiting for the next dragon ball z episode seriously.
    DragonspearBrer_Rabbit
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Steam Achievements showing up on my BG:EE profile just made my hype blast off at light speed through space (where it was before) and to the ends of the universe. :P
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited September 2015
    so after almost 3 months since the annoucement, they still can't even give a release date? "when'it s ready" answer is starting to be a joke
    ArdulDragonspearHuskarl2006
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Are we there yet?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Soon,the winter is comming,
    Brer_RabbitLoldrup
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Are we there yet?
  • DrakeEBDrakeEB Member Posts: 20
    Pretty sure they have a NDA up right? So that's why we haven't heard anything. Or did the close beta not even start yet?
    If there is a closed beta, there certainly is an NDA. Even then, I reckon they aren't saying anything because they are unsure about the time of release themselves. It would be pretty big news to know the exact date, to have that postponed would shatter several hearts. I for one rather not know the date until 1 week of actual release, than knowing an uncertain date right now.

Think of it as a kid - would you rather have your parents promise you a gift in vain, or would you rather have a big surprise all of a sudden? Unless you are Viekang and get teleported away at surprises, I think most people would like the latter :p
    lolienJuliusBorisovtokarev748
  • YeenoghuYeenoghu Member Posts: 3
    Hello all, first time posting, loooong time BALDUR'S GATE fan. I remember vividly the day Baldur's Gate was released. It was almost impossible to believe that the game was so large it required five CD-ROMs. It was also quite harrowing to realize my computer at the time wasn't good enough to actually *run* the game, but I lucked out - a fellow student let me borrow his more powerful rig so I could enjoy the game. I took four days off and played...and played...and it was the greatest videogame ever, and still is.

And now I've just finished "BG:EE", and want to continue with the tale of what went down between BG and BG2, but alas! Like the rest of you lot here, it seems I must wait without any word of *when* we will see this 'Siege of Dragonspear'. I almost catapulted from my chair when I saw the announcement. This is the game I've been wanting since 'Throne of Bhaal'. Can't wait to see Dragonspear Castle, and I am really curious about Dynaheir's fate (my favorite NPC).

All right, I'll go join the line.
    But before I do, I cast Dire Charm on Beamdog with one simple charming request:

Could you please give us a release date, or a guesstimate, instead of "COMING SOON" (TM). And a billion thanks for making this game for us :-)
    KilivitzlolienGallowglass
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24
    @Yeenoghu

Release date ? Like Beamdog said - when it's ready. So it is not ready yet. lol
    Yeah, that's why I cast Dire Charm. Just wait, it'll work. I'm a powerful wizard :-P
    Brer_Rabbitlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not that powerful I'm afraid :)
    lolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Not even @elminster himself could pull off something like that.
    lolien
    Actually I'm the demon lord of gnolls, I don't know if that actually allows me to cast Dire Charm. As a matter of fact I can't even remember if that is a wizard spell at all ^^
    But still.
    I am impressed to see the old mage himself here, I'm honored.
    (And wouldn't it be lovely to see Shadowdale in a BG game, rendered to match the RPG maps...one can dream)
    lolien
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Still not released?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I have an inkling of suspicion that a closed beta has started... And in keeping with NDA, the forumites are very professionally not saying it has started...

They must have picked forum paladins... I know it...

Damn forum paladins... Always judging you. Its how they stare at you... Err... I better not know what I know OR they will know, that I know, that they know that the beta has started... When I know nothing! Or perhaps they know that...

I am becoming perturbed...
    CheesebellyBrer_RabbitlolienLoldrup
    Hmm, better check this topic's Alignment...

None in here is Lawful Good. @Anduin must be up to something!
    Or maybe all the Paladins were invited to the unsuspicious cookie party down the street. I hear lots of noise coming from there. How can someone so *good* be so blatantly DECEIVING?!
    AnduinJuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbitlolien
    It's not lying if you simply don't say anything.
    Anduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Hmm, better check this topic's Alignment...

None in here is Lawful Good. @Anduin must be up to something!
    Or maybe all the Paladins were invited to the unsuspicious cookie party down the street. I hear lots of noise coming from there. How can someone so *good* be so blatantly DECEIVING?!

Sounds like someone wants a :cookie:. :smirk:
    AnduinBrer_Rabbit