Skip to content

[Request] No Spiders

WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
Is there an easy way to mod out all spiders from the game, perhaps replacing them with with a different but similarly difficulty enemy?

Comments

• WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    How many spider-like villains are there in BG1:EE? Sword spiders, regular spiders, any summoned ones...

Is there a way to just change the spider creature codes to instead spawn an ogre or something?
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Or perhaps just change the displayed sprite and sound so it behaves ingame like a spider, but doesn't look like one?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Giant, Huge, Sword, Phase, and Wraith Spiders, plus Ettercaps and Centeol. That's all I can think of. There might be multiple versions of some of those.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Wakukee said:

Or perhaps just change the displayed sprite and sound so it behaves ingame like a spider, but doesn't look like one?

Ahh, now I see you point. Well, it can be done by using EEKEEPER (just check their creature files and change appearance) or Near Infinity .

If you really want to change them for a complete different monster, then you'd have to use near infinity , check the maps where these show up and change the creature files.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddess
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    TressetJuliusBorisovSmilingSwordbooinyoureyes
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    You could always be a Ranger or Ranger kit and have Spiders be your chosen enemy, that way you can kill them way better.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @semiticgod would be vewy disappointed
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Speaking as a representative of spiders, have a heart. They're just trying to live in peace! Not in peace with humankind, granted, or anything that tastes as good, but peace with each other. That's something, right?
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyeslolienSmilingSword
  • GKL206GKL206 Member Posts: 75

Speaking as a representative of spiders, have a heart. They're just trying to live in peace! Not in peace with humankind, granted, or anything that tastes as good, but peace with each other. That's something, right?

I thought cannibalism was far from unknown in the arachnid world...

SmilingSword
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    "Hey, I'm Spider-Man!" An actual pickup line that (sometimes) works.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    Just change all spiders' to Irenicus's animation, it's pretty underused right now imo
    lolienNybCR
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2015
    I wonder if the OP's ever coming back. His request was most likely driven by a phobia of spiders (which is not at all uncommon) and people replied with... pictures of spiders.

I find amusing the way most discussions in these forums tend to become lighthearted and full of non sequiturs but this one in particular made me feel somewhat frustrated for the guy.

@swit that was really cool of you. I hope @Wakukee comes back to check it out.
    lolienNimranJustLeftGrammarsalad
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @joluv there is also Astral Phase Spiders.
    joluv
  • ChaosticChaostic Member Posts: 4
    Dee said:

I am a big fan of the idea of Cloakwood being filled with venomous squirrels.

THIS! This needs to happen.
  • NybCRNybCR Member Posts: 27
    Almateria said:

Just change all spiders' to Irenicus's animation, it's pretty underused right now imo

I lol'd

and then got funny looks from family members