Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Kai50Kai50 Member Posts: 59
    Hi I have a few questions. I am as dumb as they come with stuff like this however I have got ee keeper working up to a point..basically I can select character files and edit them fine but not actual saves. whenever I try to open up a saved game its just blank. And I have everything going in the right paths..I think this is the save I want to edit for instance C:\Users\Gail\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\000000013-Sorc\ Also I was playing around trying to add innate abilities to my character and some of them don't work or show up..I noticed these were creature abilities like dragon breath but also I tried to put balthazars "dragon fist" and a few other of his unique abilities on my monk and they didn't show up either. is that just how it is or is there a way to add these to characters? Thanks !
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Kai50,

If you open up your eekeeper.ini configuration file (same folder as the executable), what paths does it say you are using for your current profile? Here is an example layout for the settings:

[Settings] Current Profile = BGII:EE [BGII:EE] Install Path = C:\Program Files\BeamDog\Games\00783\ Language = lang\en_US\ Save Directory = C:\Users\Gail\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\ Custom Save Directory = false
    If you are using the whole path to the save game you want to edit, then it won't work. You need to use the directory containing the save folder.
    ahh thanks that was what I was doing wrong xD do you know what I am doing wrong with the abilities ?
    @Kai50,

Are they not showing up in Keeper or are they not showing up in-game? If they're not showing up in-game, go to the Memorisation tab and check to see if there is an Innate line at the end of the list. If there is no such line, click the Add button, select Innate from the list, set Level to 1, and Memorise should not be important and it will be updated when you save the game while playing. After adding it to the Memorisation list save the game in the editor and load it in the Baldur's Gate.
    never mind I worked it out :pensive:P
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @Nzall
    @Troodon80

Concerning antivirus programs reporting EE Keeper's SFX distributions as infexted/viruses:

I have downloaded and thoroughly examined and tested "EE Keeper 1.0.3.2 SFX.exe" found on SourceForge.net, and I can assure you it is perfectly clean. The EE Keeper SFX packages are built with a WinRAR self-extraction module, which is in and of itself NOT malware or a virus. Recently there has been a big stink in the media about a supposed security vulnerability in WinRAR self-extracting archives. This has prompted WinRAR to issue the following statement:

Information about the critical vulnerability in WinRAR self-extracting archives recently published in news is incorrect. Unfortunately mass media failed to recognize that what was described as WinRAR vulnerability is Windows OLE vulnerability patched in November 2014:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms14-064.aspx
    Even if unpatched, this Windows OLE vulnerability does not introduce new risk factors for WinRAR SFX archives.

Please read http://rarlab.com/vuln_sfx_html2.htm for more details.

No patches for WinRAR are needed.
    I suspect some (IMO) ignorant Anti-Virus programs are simply flagging every WinRAR SFX (and similar) file as infected because of this. Norton is particularly notorious for false positives (while historically missing legitimate threats). I suggest finding a better alternative. Personally, I recommend AVG.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Sam_ said:

@Nzall
    @Troodon80

Concerning antivirus programs reporting EE Keeper's SFX distributions as infexted/viruses:

I have downloaded and thoroughly examined and tested "EE Keeper 1.0.3.2 SFX.exe" found on SourceForge.net, and I can assure you it is perfectly clean. The EE Keeper SFX packages are built with a WinRAR self-extraction module, which is in and of itself NOT malware or a virus. Recently there has been a big stink in the media about a supposed security vulnerability in WinRAR self-extracting archives. This has prompted WinRAR to issue the following statement:

Information about the critical vulnerability in WinRAR self-extracting archives recently published in news is incorrect. Unfortunately mass media failed to recognize that what was described as WinRAR vulnerability is Windows OLE vulnerability patched in November 2014:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms14-064.aspx
    Even if unpatched, this Windows OLE vulnerability does not introduce new risk factors for WinRAR SFX archives.

Please read http://rarlab.com/vuln_sfx_html2.htm for more details.

No patches for WinRAR are needed.
    I suspect some (IMO) ignorant Anti-Virus programs are simply flagging every WinRAR SFX (and similar) file as infected because of this. Norton is particularly notorious for false positives (while historically missing legitimate threats). I suggest finding a better alternative. Personally, I recommend AVG.

That would explain Norton's heuristic detection. Amazingly even Qihoo360 that has amazing detection ability but is well know for false positives does not detect the file as infected.

Anyway if we want to discuss antivirus products a new topic should be opened.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Does EEKeeper works with Icewind dale 2?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    brus said:

Does EEKeeper works with Icewind dale 2?

AFAIK, it does not. You would need Dale Keeper 2.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index_editors.php
    How to change weapon speed factor? For example to increase crossbow speed reload.
    What variable affects that?
    brus said:

How to change weapon speed factor? For example to increase crossbow speed reload.
    What variable affects that?

@brus, you can use opcode 190, Stat: Attack Speed Factor.
    edited November 2015
    Troodon80 said:

@brus, you can use opcode 190, Stat: Attack Speed Factor.

Thanks. You mean a char stat variable?
    This variable overrides speed factor of all weapons ?
    @brus,

Yes, it will override the speed factor for all weapons. See here or view the description in Keeper.

If you want to modify the weapon speed factor for individual weapons, then you will need to use either DLTCEP or Near Infinity and edit the value on the weapon itself.
    Also, changing weapon speed factor won't affect the rate of fire for a crossbow, just how early in a combat round that a shot is fired. The attack rate of a crossbow is set by a global effect in the item file for the weapon.
  • TorvaldTorvald Member Posts: 19
    EE Keeper is a most excellent utility program, and I thank you very much for creating/improving it over the earlier Shadow Keeper. There is one minor feature that is bothering me, though with the version 1.0.3.2 I'm currently using. When I make a change to a savegame file and then save that, EE Keeper records the day & time of the newly saved file. However, this appears to always be 12 hours ahead of my actual day/time here in Texas, USA (Central time zone). Is this day/time offset an intended feature, or is it a bug you could fix? Thanks!
    @Torvald,

That's a interesting one. Not sure I've come across that before. It is likely to do with the locale settings. I'll look into that and let you know.
  • DelglathDelglath Member Posts: 6
    I've gotten EE Keeper working with BG 1 & 2 on a Mac (through Wine Skin) purchased through Steam, but recently got IWD through Beamdog and can't seem to figure out which folders to direct the program to. Can anyone point me to which folders I should set in settings for IWD, bought from Beamdog's site, on a Mac?
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2015
    Is the download page down? The link on the first page gets redirected to:
    http://sourceforge.net/error-404.html?project=eekeeper

And I get this message there:
    The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
    Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.

EDIT - never mind ... it's working now

OK - now that that is resolved, I may as well ask - does it work with the android versions?
    Post edited by schreier on
    @schreier, if you're asking whether it will work/launch/run on Android—the answer is no. However, if you happen to have the means to extract the required files from your Android device, then it's easy enough to make it work on the major desktop platforms. You can find my instructions on the previous page.
  • BlixtoBlixto Member Posts: 1
    How i make a cleric use swords? im trying but i cant do it
    edited November 2015
    The item usability flags are stored in the .ITM files. You would need to edit the .ITM files to remove the flags for clerics from all swords (the flags mark an item as unusable by a particular class or kit). You'd need to use NearInfinity or DLTCEP for that.

EDIT: An easier way might be to apply the "Use Any Item" effect to the character. This would do more than let the character use swords, but it would be simpler than editing every sword .ITM file.

Are you wanting to let all clerics use swords or do you just want your cleric CHARNAME to use swords. If it's the latter, then Use Any Item would be easier.

Go to the Effects tab, and click "Add" to add a new effect. Select the following properties:

Type: Item: Can Use Any Item [302]
    Target: Self
    Flags: Instant,Permanent
    Dispel/Resistance: Nonmagical
    Constant Value: 1

Note: This won't let you choose sword proficiencies at level up. You'll have to edit those manually with EE Keeper.
  • Ekalia23Ekalia23 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2015
    Troodon80 said:

@revaar, if you look at the first post, there should be a PDF document linked there. That document will give you the basics of general usage, but if you need specifics feel free to ask :).

Some guy said this on page 4 of this thread. I can't seem to find this guide. Am I being dumb here? And if not, where can I find a guide (or thread) that will help me get started with EE Keeper. I can't seem to find anything suitable for a 100% beginner to this.

Cheers everyone!
    @Ekalia23, I don't remember when it happened, but I scrapped the PDF in favour of the wiki—which I haven't bothered updating in ages. I tend to take for granted that it's fairly straightforward to use.

If there's something specific, you can comment here and I'll do my best to assist you.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    So, I can't find any advice for this. I want to turn Shar'teel into a Berserker for all my games, how do I do this? I can change her Kit from "Base Kit" to "Berserker", but that only changes the name listed for her kit. How do I give her the actual kit abilities for it?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235

So, I can't find any advice for this. I want to turn Shar'teel into a Berserker for all my games, how do I do this? I can change her Kit from "Base Kit" to "Berserker", but that only changes the name listed for her kit. How do I give her the actual kit abilities for it?

You'll have to manually add those abilities to her current level (pretty easy: the "Kit"-button on her "Innate"-tab). You only have to do this one time, her next level-up will be as a berserker.
  • DonkDonk Member Posts: 12
    Hi all, this will be a lengthy post so apologies in advance.

Okay so my girlfriend and I are planning on a Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition play through together but she is adamant about playing a class combo that isn't in the game and I need some instructions on how to make it work using E.E.Keeper.

I have made sure that her laptop and mine both have identical software, we both have the G.3 mod installed with the same configuration, we both have E.E.Keeper installed etc. I would like to learn how to correctly combine two classes rather than simply adding some features from one class to another.

For example, I would like to play a Fighter/Thief/Cleric but they don't exist and my girlfriend wants to play a Druid with one of the druid special sub classes combined with a Barbarian which also doesn't exist and can't be chosen in game as it's a combination of two specialty classes.

We'd like to build these characters correctly and level in these classes as we play through the game but I only downloaded E.E.Keeper about three hours ago and am struggling to work out if class combinations rather than adding class features is even possible let alone how to do it.

I don't expect anyone to type it all out, step by step but I have had limited success with my own google searching and most searches point me straight back here so if anyone knows of a F.A.Q or tutorial/resource and help page or the like and could link it I would very much appreciate that.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited December 2015
    Donk said:

For example, I would like to play a Fighter/Thief/Cleric but they don't exist and my girlfriend wants to play a Druid with one of the druid special sub classes combined with a Barbarian which also doesn't exist and can't be chosen in game as it's a combination of two specialty classes.

The (kitted) druid/barbarian is easiest, as the game allows for fighter/druids and the barbarian is technically a fighter kit. You build your fighter/druid with one class kitted, as normal, and add the kit-levels (on the "innate" tab) of the other class. You can then play as normal, but since you can technically only have one kit on a character, every time you level-up in the *other* class you have to save the game and add that extra level.

Fighter/thief/cleric, even without kits, might get tricky. A rough approximation could be made with a Fighter/Thief/Mage, where you would manually assign the cleric spells to the mage spellbook. That would most likely mean making a copy of every normal cleric spell, and flagging all those copies as arcane instead of divine...

I myself am still dreaming of a Thief/Mage/Cleric. ;)
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Sjerrie said:

You'll have to manually add those abilities to her current level (pretty easy: the "Kit"-button on her "Innate"-tab). You only have to do this one time, her next level-up will be as a berserker.

Thanks!

edited December 2015
    A Fighter/Thief/Cleric is not possible. The available multiclasses (and dual-classes) are hardcoded into the game, and EE Keeper can't create new multiclass combos like Fighter/Thief/Cleric, or Paladin/Wizard, or Sorcerer/Bard.

About the best thing you could do would be to define a custom "kit" that would give fighter abilities to a Cleric/Thief (e.g., fighter THAC0, multiple attacks per round, etc..) and then give that kit to your character.