Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Stay out of the room drow! Your foul presence alone is enough to wake up this lich."

Though deep down Kivan secretly just wants Viconia to stay where it's safe and doesn't want anything to happen to her.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    LadyRhian said:

Guys, I have to go. There is lightning and the lights are flickering. I'll be back later.

OOC Thanks for another great session. I hope the thunderstorm is over soon.

edited September 2012
    OOC: Good timing, I pretty much have to go now too. I wonder how this love/hate relationship between Kivan and Viconia will turn out.
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    @Awong124 Like the other one with the man/woman no doubt---Her dead and Kivan with blue balls.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC I hope we left the doors open behind us. It'll be interesting to see if Shar-Teel makes it back to rejoin the party. lol... Imoen would probably try to go back for her friends. WayOOC: Me, I might be sorely tempted to stay the hell there or try to get a ride back to town. Then again, I have the sense not to go into dark, scary tombs that will probably kill me...
    OOC: Shar-Teel kinda needs some loot now. She's completely devoid of anything she hasn't just scavenged off the dead (which I'm sure LadyRhian will gimme a list of stuffs I managed to find) and the trail back to town is who knows how far. Blah, we'll see if Shar-Teel even manages to get back---That shaking room with the green slime has me sceptical.
    I think all the traps along the way have either been tripped or disarmed already.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Pretty much.
    Awong124 said:

I think all the traps along the way have either been tripped or disarmed already.

Shar-Teel, don't listen to Kivan, he's only saying that because he wants to see you nekkid.

OOC: Perhaps Shar-Teel will have found a ring of human influence :O. That's 18 charisma right there. I'm not sure if she would mind having Kivan slobbering after her or not...Instantly being cast as a whip-wielding sadist with Kivan as her dog-boy = win? Dunno.
    I just remembered (because my bedroom ceiling is leaking, as I just discovered tonight) that there is one door she won't be able to get through- the one requiring a magical ring to open.
    In that case she'll leave the tomb disgruntled, but with enough scavenged goods off the deadies to survive the treck back to town. There she'll brutally murder Garrick, ransack the tavern of all its liquor and eventually make her way to Neverwinter. Blah blah brutal enforcerer for a guild, lala hundreds dead, dodo dying by choking on a fish bone.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    Maybe Garrick has a magic ring for Shar-Teel... he's even willing to part with it if she lets him live :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    That could work. She could rob Garrick of his money and stuff...
    While she waits for Shar-Teel to rob Garrick and rejoin the party Alora keep searching the statues for hidden compartments and levers. She also tries not to breathe in the smoke.
    edited September 2012
    Yes, after stripping him of all his worldly possessions and leaving him strung upside down outside the tavern without a stitch to his name. Apparently he was a close enough fit for Shar-Teel. Choking to death on a fish bone shall be later in the adventure!
    By the time Shar-Teel returns the group might have found the lich and ended his reign of terror...after having expended their lives in the process. I'm sure she'll mourn your loss while she's looting your remains and the lich's coffers.
    Okay. No hidden compartments or levers. The statues are very large and heavy, though. Then again, they are made completely of iron.
    Sorry, guys. Had a doctor's appointment today with minor surgery- two bits got cut off my foot. I am tired beyond belief, and hurting, to boot. I am going to bed.
    edited September 2012
    Hope you're feeling better on the morrow or something...my back is killing me so I think an early bedtime is right up my alley.
    And now I can't sleep because I woke up and my foot is throbbing. ::Sigh.:: Sucks.
    LadyRhian said:

And now I can't sleep because I woke up and my foot is throbbing. ::Sigh.:: Sucks.

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Hope you manage to get some sleep soon.
    Thanks! But I have the forums to keep me entertained. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Is it feet curse month? I broke my right foot last week...

@LadyRhian. Get better soon. We can wait to be slaughtered :)
  • buttersworthbuttersworth Member Posts: 9
    I just wanted to say that I love you guys. Thanks for entertaining me during some really boring days at work!
    @Buttersworth You're welcome!
    Alora is convinced there is something under or behind the statues. So she is going to see if she can topple one of them. She is going to tie a rope around it's neck and ask Minsc and Kivan to attempt to pull it over.

But she will get them to do it so it falls on the floor, not the sarcophagus, chests or smoking pot.
    Maybe it would be good to have it fall on the sarcophagus. If the lich is actually in there it might buy us a little time before he pops out.
    @Permidion_Stark @Awong124 The statues aren't close enough to fall on the sarcophagus. Also, the statue is too heavy for Minsc and Kivan to shift. They are going to need the help of another person, maybe even two or three...

You also see that the back of the sarcophagus is broken open. Bits of wood and ashes are scattered about.
    LadyRhian said:

@Permidion_Stark @Awong124 The statues aren't close enough to fall on the sarcophagus. Also, the statue is too heavy for Minsc and Kivan to shift. They are going to need the help of another person, maybe even two or three...

You also see that the back of the sarcophagus is broken open. Bits of wood and ashes are scattered about.

Is Shar-Teel coming back. She could help.

While we wait for her I will peer into the back of the sarcophagus - without disturbing the dust - and see if I can see anything in there.