Skip to content

Sorcerer = master race

What is the sorcerer class? OP? OVERKILL? COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE CHEESE INCARNATE? There are many different definitions for the sorcerer class, but one thing is for sure, they are fun as hell to play!

So what is the point of this topic? Simple, share your sorcerer build and some of your favorite strategies to play with the sorcerer. Cheese is welcome, and please don't skip on the mustard and pickles.
NimranGotural

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Load your seventh-level memorizations with Project Image, and keep one Wizard Eye in your fourth level slots. Cast PI once, then cast WE so you can see. Then cast Spell Immunity: Divination and Mislead, leaving the clone where you are while the Sorcerer clone goes out to engage the enemy, blasting them to pieces with Greater Malison followed by Horrid Wilting, Skull Trap, Death Spell, Sunfire, and whatever else you feel like using. The bad guys can't find you, and they can't retaliate while you're invisible. Repeat until all opposition is a distant memory.
    JuliusBorisovDragonKingFenghoang
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Sorcery!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    I'll just quote the Forgotten Realms wiki on Sorcerers:

"While a wizard focuses on isolating their foes and diminishing their ability to fight, a sorcerer prefers to unleash his or her full power, without restraint, blasting their enemies into oblivion."
    EmpyrialJuliusBorisovFenghoang
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @semiticgod
    I thought the Wand of Lightning trick was patched in the EE. I know it still works in regular BG2.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Did they fix the Planetar Bomb?

Chain Contingency (Condition: Helpless) -> fill with Project Image
    Cast Project Image -> Contingency triggers
    Summon Planetars with everything
    (Optional: cast Improved Haste on all of them)

I'd like to note though that none of the things here are exclusive to Sorcerers. Any mage with access to the right spells can do it.
    JuliusBorisovJustLeft
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sorcerers...Pfft! I say Wizard slayers. runs
    NimranOlvynChuru
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Flashburn: The Wand of Lightning trick still works. But as I mentioned before, EE merely stops some spells from stacking. Blur, for example, no longer stacks with multiple castings. The Wand of Lightning can still duplicate spells. Here we have the WoL trick combined with a scroll of Summon Monster. The spell is cast multiple times with cumulative effects.
    I've seen the same with Sunfire and Limited Wish in EE.
    JuliusBorisovFenghoang