Skip to content

How many have rolled 100+ stat points?

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited October 2015
    I just used a variation on Zosimus' method to roll 10 million times. I got one 99.

Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha Total 16 16 18 17 15 17 99

I did what @Zosimus did, but I limited it to 500,000 lines so the worksheet was more manageable. I turned auto calculate off and turned filtering on.

Every time I hit the calculate sheet button, it rolled a half-million stats. I used the filtering dropdown on the Total column to see if there was anything worth looking at. Most of the time there wasn't, so I'd just calculate again. This allowed me to run through 20 iterations pretty quickly because I wasn't doing any sorting or filtering except when I wanted to look at a particular roll.

Edit: Another 10 million, and that 99 is still the highest. I had one 98, but I didn't bother to look at it. I think I'll keep doing this every now and then just to see how long it takes. It only takes about 2 minutes to make 10 million rolls if I don't bother to look at the details.

Edit: 30 million
    Edit: 40 million
    Edit: 50 million
    Edit: 60 million
    Edit: 70 million
    Edit: 80 million
    Edit: 90 million
    Post edited by BillyYank on
    semiticgoddess
  • ZosimusZosimus Member Posts: 19
    I have used Shadowkeeper to launch my first set of stats (the 99) on a half-elven fighter/thief/mage with the plan to solo the game as neutral evil. Wish me luck.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Got a 98 once which was pretty cool. Usually I try to have some score in the 90s, but only because I am too vain to have a Half-god-Bhaalspawn-Charname with low Charisma and Intelligence.
    Dragonspear
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Dragonspear
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @thespace

I agree that it would have, but I was thinking about it earlier today, and I'm not certain point buy would have been as effective in BG and BG2.

The problem is, there are tangible benefits (and drawbacks) even at 12 in a given stat, for every stat (depending on class) in 3rd edition. 12 strength (thus 2 points in IWD2) still nets you +1 damage. IIRC, in BG you don't get +1 to damage with a weapon until 17 strength.

3rd edition made attribute totals a lot more linear, as opposed to the exponential growth in 2e. Thus, pointbuy is more reasonable and effective in the 3e environment than a 2e environment.
    GreenWarlockSkatanKilivitzGallowglass
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I rolled 97 once, on IWD. Anyway i would prefer a 90 with 18/00 than a 100 with 18/01.
    Klorox
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've rolled a 98 twice in BG, but never more than that.
  • BorderBorder Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2015
    Wow... Would love to roll that in BG1.

Not bad in BG2 either....
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Damn...times like that makes me wish we could roll stats then pick class. That would make a great FMT
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Many years ago I got a 97 on an elf ranger. Still haven't gotten any better :(
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    I once rolled a 101 on an elven fighter/thief...and clicked past it. I clicked too fast to see the exceptional strength number but it looked like an 80-99 score. I felt like crying. Then again, I'm that person who plays through BG1 until I have stats I like, so in hindsight, it shouldn't have been that big a deal :)
    GrumAnteros
  • BorderBorder Member Posts: 32
    My highest in recent years is also 97, on a paladin. I rolled a 93 for a FMT a couple of days ago, which is pretty damn good. Only took about a minute or so.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    You can roll a Wizard with over 100 abillity scores sum, but he is never going to be a better mage than Edwin. How does that sound? :)
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    The above roll was in BG:EE. I use the BG2:EE GUI for my BG:EE.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Just rolled 101 today. Not the highest I have rolled, just the most recent.
    SirBatinceGreenWarlock
    Caeria said:

I once rolled a 101 on an elven fighter/thief...and clicked past it. I clicked too fast to see the exceptional strength number but it looked like an 80-99 score. I felt like crying. Then again, I'm that person who plays through BG1 until I have stats I like, so in hindsight, it shouldn't have been that big a deal :)

That hurt to read. I think that if learn how to use ee keeper on an iPhone and force the stats back...
    CaeriaKlorox
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Check out what just came up on my homebrew autoroller. It uses 4d6 and drops the lowest.

There's no STR percent, because I made this to create 3rd Ed characters for IWD2.
  • MrNoobyMrNooby Member Posts: 131
    My best is 97 on my fighter. 100 wouldn't really change anything - he's 18/72 str, 18 dex, 18 con, 13 int, 12 wisdom. I could have settled with a much lower roll and still have the 18s that make any real difference, but I wanted a reasonable int/wisdom for RP purposes.
    I clicked past a 95...

...yes I am sad.
    Caeria
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    @Grum Ouch. I am not liking your pain, I am sympathizing. That has got to hurt :disappointed:
    GrumGreenWarlock
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2015
    I or autoroller rolled 101 on an human fighter. That was in the old (non ee) version after ~50 million rolls :D
    GreenWarlock
  • shaldonshaldon Member Posts: 37
    I rolled a 100 really quickly with a gnome fighter/illusionist.

I've also had 98 and 99 with cavaliers.

I'm playing 'no reload' so all those chars were wasted :)

I'm now on a 94 half-elf fighter/mage...think I'll stick with this one regardless and take him through since SoD should be out soonish. 'Minimal reloads', yeah that's fine.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Nothing above 100 yet. but..

..I bought BG2EE on Ipad recently and I have got some sick rolls there, way quicker and higher than ever on PC! It must be dumb luck, but for my first playthrough I rolled a Blade (yet again.. ) and within a minute I rolled a 97. Over all the years playing on PC I don't think I have ever got higher than ~94-95 before.
    Then I rolled for a BP2 party and got 92's to 95's on all six chars within minutes as well. This prolly sound like made-up bullshit, but I'm genuinely confused and kept thinking "Wtf is up with dem rollz?". Made the whole BP2 team during one toilet sitting :P My first BP team playing EE on PC took hours to roll!
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Ever since autoroller was invented i don't bother with manually rolling. It's extremely tedious and hurts my eyes. Used to do it in vanilla for like 2 hours straight at character creation, my vision was blurry and i felt dizzy afterwards.
    biffyclanger
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    I see there is a few people with 102 score but without proof. Here's my roll with screenshot. I made it 10 min ago with Cavalier.
    102.jpg 613.6K
    GreenWarlock
  • ShadowhartShadowhart Member Posts: 5
    95 remains the best I've seen, and I mindlessly clicked passed that whilst trying to get a decent roll on my fighter/Mage, ended up settling for 92.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Unkitted characters are the hardest to roll high for, as they have only one minimum stat, and that is a 9. Multis will get two 9s, and elves get a minimum charisma, so elven F/M/T has a fair chance of low 90s.

A 95 without a kit, ranger, or paladin is truly exceptional. I am getting blasé about 95s for rangers and paladins though - not that they are common, but I can probably expect a 95+ or three in an hour of manual rolls ;)
    Skatan
  • AvlanAvlan Member Posts: 21
    I have been playing on and off since the original 5 disc game was released.(Think it is 5, I still have the original box somewhere) I have made thousands of characters since I loved spending hours of the day rolling new characters and not once have I gotten over 98.(That was on an original Baldur's Gate save on an old hard drive for a half elf cleric/mage.) And since the Enhanced version was released, I have yet to break 96. So that is what...18 years of on and off playing? Yeah.
    GreenWarlockSkatan
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    The best I ever got for a 99