Skip to content

Salve!

Hi everybody. As one who began tabletop gaming nearly twenty-five years ago, my "go-to" system has always been (and always will be) AD&D2E. Although I didn't own a PC at the time of the original release of Baldur's Gate (and could only enjoy the game vicariously on the screens of others), I am thoroughly enjoying (and appreciative!) of Beamdog's recent efforts and, as such, have reflected said appreciation by purchasing BG: EE, BGII: EE, IWD: EE, and am looking forward to picking up BG: SOD. Needless to say, when I'm "adventuring," I feel like I am 13 again, although 2015 certainly doesn't feel like 1991....

While life (college, family, etc.) has not afforded me the opportunity to engage in substantial tabletop play for many years now (although I still own quite the collection of TSR's product line), over the past several months I have slowly rediscovered my love for PnP RPG's, and largely credit this resurgence of interest to my purchase of BG:EE. My lovely wife has expressed interest in giving a game a go (she was never a "gamer"), and, with friends both old and new willing to toss some dice, we'll have to see what happens. Going forward, I am eager to interact with everyone on the forum (albeit intermittently as life permits), and am very pleased to be welcomed as part of your community. Until next time. Vale!

L. Tarquinius Pavo

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forum and have fun! :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Vos saluto! Welcome!

It's nice to hear that BG can bring together old friends :)

I hope your time on the forum will be an adventure as well.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    You know, for a second I thought you were asking for some salve, but then I read your post and everything became clear. Anyways, have a :cookie:!
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Welcome sir! I'm happy to hear your wife is willing to partake a game with you. My wife couldn't care less about my silly games :)
  • madgamermadgamer Member Posts: 32
    A redundant question: I am on the newbe forum and I only have one question "How do I post a thread on these forums.
    Thanks
    @madgamer you're welcome. Have a :cookie:.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    madgamer said:

A redundant question: I am on the newbe forum and I only have one question "How do I post a thread on these forums.
    Thanks

You press the New Discussion button below your profile icon in the left sidebar.
    Nimran said:

@madgamer you're welcome. Have a :cookie:.

It seems I read your post wrong. I thought you were asking "How do I make a post?" Silly me.
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    Well met @L_Tarquinius_Pavo .

Please inform your bride that there are indeed many female gamers. We girls must stick together you know. :smiley: