Skip to content

Odd enemy AI behavior

In my current game I've noticed some rather strange enemy AI behavior that I'm not sure if it's supposed to be normal or if it's a bug. Sometimes an enemy will just stand there and not attack. Other times it will move around but still not attack me. Lastly groups of monsters will appear out of nowhere just beyond my line of sight in a spot I just walked through. Has anyone else noticed anything like this happening in their games?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    cbarchuk said:

In my current game I've noticed some rather strange enemy AI behavior that I'm not sure if it's supposed to be normal or if it's a bug. Sometimes an enemy will just stand there and not attack. Other times it will move around but still not attack me.

That sounds like a bug.
    cbarchuk said:

Lastly groups of monsters will appear out of nowhere just beyond my line of sight in a spot I just walked through. Has anyone else noticed anything like this happening in their games?

That sounds like a normal re-spawn. (It used to happen all the time in original BG, but the re-spawn rate in many areas has been turned down in the EEs.)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    cbarchuk said:

In my current game I've noticed some rather strange enemy AI behavior that I'm not sure if it's supposed to be normal or if it's a bug. Sometimes an enemy will just stand there and not attack.

It's one of the many issues which are (hopefully) fixed with the next game patch.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    argent77 said:

cbarchuk said:

In my current game I've noticed some rather strange enemy AI behavior that I'm not sure if it's supposed to be normal or if it's a bug. Sometimes an enemy will just stand there and not attack.

It's one of the many issues which are (hopefully) fixed with the next game patch.

yeah, I think that is happening because of conflicting path finding, sometimes my pcs will do that as well, and sometimes when I go to waukeen's promenade and if I come from the top exit of the map and click down to ribald's place one of my pcs will get stuck on the fat merchant just by the exit

dunbar
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Well, that's another issue in the long list of bugs. It's either this one or that one.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I've seen this alot with shadows in the temple district sewers, near Gaal. They just look stuck and do nothing.