Skip to content

Ascension v1.5 BETA - Enhanced Edition Release UPDATED 6/8/2016 - SCS Fix located on Page 2!

Comments

• MBerlMBerl Member Posts: 25
    Unfortunately I had to leave home for a couple of days this morning, so I won't be able to access my game until I'm back. But thanks a lot for helping out so quickly with this! Really appreciated!
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Cuv said:

glad people are liking this release so far :)

"Like" is too weak word.
    BG2 without Ascension and Tactic is like Minsc wtihout Boo.
    Sad and incomplete.
    CuvAstroBryGuySmilingSword
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    edited January 2016
    @MBerl, when you return, can you send @WhiteAgnus or I a copy of your weidu log file located in your Enhanced Edition directory?

Additionally, has anyone else been able to reproduce this bug?
    Post edited by JediMindTrix on
  • HipershadowHipershadow Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Im having this error when trying to install Stragemsv30 component 1000 (initialise mod), i got this from SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG:

Installing file(s) werewyv.baf ds52329.baf
    Compiling 1 script ...
    [stratagems/initial/baf/werewyv.baf] loaded, 492 bytes
    Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    Compiling 1 script ...
    [stratagems/initial/baf/ds52329.baf] loaded, 462 bytes
    Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    [override/player1.dlg] loaded, 46157 bytes
    Processing quests and journals
    ERROR: No translation provided for @314
    Stopping installation because of error.

Weidu Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialize AutoTRA and Detectable Spells: v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB): v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #6 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #7 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #8 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #9 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA

I just installed BG2EE ascension and Stragems?

Any clue?

Thx
  • WhiteAgnusWhiteAgnus Member Posts: 112
    edited January 2016
    Hi,

I had a quick look to the scs code and I think I got a solution (will test it later)

But you could try these steps:

1. Open stratagems\initial\initial.tpa with a text editor of your choice.
    2. Go to line 474 and change "ADD_JOURNAL EXISTING @314 @315 @316" to "ADD_JOURNAL EXISTING @314 @315 @316 USING ~%scsroot%/tra/ee/%s/player1.tra~"
    3. Save and retry install

Post edited by WhiteAgnus on
    HipershadowMivsan
  • HipershadowHipershadow Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I had a quick look to the scs code and I think I got a solution (will test it later)

But you could try these steps:

1. Open stratagems\initial\initial.tpa with a text editor of your choice.
    2. Go to line 474 and change "ADD_JOURNAL EXISTING @314 @315 @316" to "ADD_JOURNAL EXISTING @314 @315 @316 USING ~%scsroot%/tra/ee/%s/player1.tra~"
    3. Save and retry install

That worked !! TY a LOT @WhiteAgnus :D
    I'm glad, that worked for you, but be careful, the current Ascension build haven't been tested with SCS... ;)
    edited January 2016
    @MBerl Having finally had a chance to test this myself, I was able to replicate your bug with only the Main Ascension component installed.

While I further diagnose and try to correct this behavior, using CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FinalFight","AR6200", 5) should spawn the bridges for you and allow you to proceed normally. Alternatively, SetGlobal("FinalFight","AR6200",4) will allow you to speak to Balthazar (which will trigger the bridge spawning as well).
    MBerl
  • yoakeyoake Member Posts: 2
    Just installed everything. Currently at Demogorgon.

Demogorgon seems to be bugged (attleast for me). First he cast Timestop and his spells and then....nothing. Easiest takedown ever.
    @yoake
    Thanks, will look into this after I squash the Bridge Bug.
  • MBerlMBerl Member Posts: 25
    @JediMindTrix Thank you so much for the fast help! I'll try it as soon as I get around to it, but i'm afraid that will still take me a while, with lots of exams coming up. Law School is a buzzkill sometimes, let me tell you ;)
    edited January 2016
    This is a hotfix for the Bridge Bug. Unzip it into your main install directory and allow it to overwrite all the files it asks about.

Note: I haven't tested the endgame sequence with Bodhi at the protagonist's side yet. If someone would be willing to test it for me, it'd be much be appreciated :)

EDIT: This hotfix now includes fixes for Tougher Demogorgon - 'standing still after timestop' along with issues with .spl patching causing Gate/Infernal Host to malfunction.
    Yamcha
    edited January 2016
    Apologies for the doublepost.
    This hotfix now includes fixes for Tougher Demogorgon - 'standing still after timestop' along with issues with .spl patching causing Gate/Infernal Host to malfunction.
    YamchaGenderNihilismGirdle
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited January 2016
    @JediMindTrix, I'm a bit late to the party, but wow, this is great! I'm very much looking forward to using this mod, and with me surely many players!
    JuliusBorisovJediMindTrixGotural
    The next release of the BETA has been uploaded and published to the first post of the thread :)
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenGenderNihilismGirdle
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Very grateful for the opportunity to contribute, in some small fashion, to the most important mod ever made for BG2. Here's to the future! :)
    JediMindTrixBlackravenelminster
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited January 2016
    All right, so with this babe and IRv4 and SRv4 being open betas now, I think it'll cover all the mods I need to finally plunge into the Bhaalspawn Saga. Much obliged, much obliged indeed.

Well... not really, I suppose. I think I'll wait for SoD and play EET via BWS installation. Can't wait, damn it :smile:

Hmm... if some modder would be so kind to made Virtue EE-compatible, I'll be one happy panda. This probably is the last mode I would like to see EE-converted (besides NeJ which most likely will not be EE-compatible).
    Post edited by Cahir on
    JediMindTrix
    edited January 2016
    Hey everyone!

I tracked down an installation bug that was preventing the necessary changes from being made that would allow for Balthazar's Adherants (his unique monks) from spawning the final time you enter his monastery. I've updated the main release file, but for those who don't want to bother with reinstalling to see the change, I'm attaching the relevant file. Just drop it in your override directory, click 'yes' when it asks for permission to overwrite, and make sure you have a savegame from before entering the monastery to confront Balthazar.

Cheers!
    YamchaGoturalGenderNihilismGirdle
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited January 2016
    Cahir said:

Hmm... if some modder would be so kind to made Virtue EE-compatible, I'll be one happy panda. This probably is the last mode I would like to see EE-converted (besides NeJ which most likely will not be EE-compatible).

I could try to write it from scratch using the original mod as a reference for what to patch but only if EE engine will finally support Eval / Assign triggers and actions from TOBEX: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/54760-completed-script-variable-substitution-triggers-and-actions/
    Let's see if patch 1.4 will add them. Without those the code to implement this feature would be too bloated. And porting the mod as it is, with the infamous 3500 lines added to baldur.bcs global script is not worth it, imo.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    swit said:

Cahir said:

I could try to write it from scratch using the original mod as a reference for what to patch but only if EE engine will finally support Eval / Assign triggers and actions from TOBEX: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/54760-completed-script-variable-substitution-triggers-and-actions/
    Let's see if patch 1.4 will add them. Without those the code to implement this feature would be too bloated. And porting the mod as it is, with the infamous 3500 lines added to baldur.bcs global script is not worth it, imo.
    Fair enough @swit, crossing my fingers, that devs will implement this feature in patch 1.4. I'll hold you to it, though, if they do :smile:
  • yoakeyoake Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Cheers for all the fast bug fixes.

Found another one. Yaga-Shura is immobile (cannot move). He can still attack anybody in melee range.

What happens is this: Initiate fight with Yaga-Shura (immobile as intended). Then Yaga-Shura despawns and respawns later on (when killing a set number of creatures). However he still has is immobility restrictions on him, making him unable to move.
    Yamcha
    Thanks for your report! :)

Will look into, if I find some time, maybe JMT is faster... :D
    Yamcha
    I will take a look Tuesday :) special thanks to @yoake for the bug reports.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    @JediMindTrix and @WhiteAgnus - I saw that you've published a "release" on GitHub now, so BiG World Setup (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476/tool-big-world-setup-bws-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows) is now using a redirect script to download this mod, instead of the GitHub master branch. This means that when you publish new releases on GitHub, BWS will automatically download the latest. If you don't want BWS to download a GitHub release, check the "this is a pre-release" checkbox when you publish the release. You can later switch any pre-release to a full release.
    JediMindTrix
    After discussing it with WhiteAgnus, we have decided to outright remove Yaga-Shura's immobilization during the fight. The main release file has been updated. Attached is a hotfix- as usual, it will only work on a savegame that was taken prior to entering the destroyed Saradush area. Just unzip into the override directory and allow it to overwrite the file.
    GenderNihilismGirdle
    edited January 2016
    @JediMindTrix - I see the GitHub release page comments changed but it looks like you did not include the newest commits in that release: https://github.com/whiteagnus/Ascension/compare/v1520160114b...master
    Yes, the latest release is up to date now. Thanks!
    JediMindTrix
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Ehm sorry this question is a bit off topic and hasn't as much to do with the current Beta of Ascension EE. It's just sort of a long standing question regarding an Unfinished business component called Sarevoks remorse. I'm just wondering if that component conflicts with Ascension at this point in time? I've never really tried them both together.

Anyway you guys are awesome...Thanks a lot in general to everyone involved as well.