Skip to content

Watch the Dragonspear Live Stream, today at 10am (PST) !

Amber and Phil will be demoing some gameplay in Siege of Dragonspear today. Be sure to join us!

JuliusBorisovelminsterbrusYamchaMusignyNonnahswriterMathsorcererloliendibKrotosbaldern

Comments

• NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    So torn..I want to watch, but I want no spoilers!
    Musigny
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited February 2016
    @subtledoctor @Erg and all interested people: according to @AlexT the engine now supports concentration checks! :smile: Yay!

Maybe it's a sign that all ToBex features will be implemented.
    JuliusBorisovMusignylolienGrammarsalad
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    Hmm...that is interesting indeed.
    Musigny
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Deelolien
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Cahir said:

subtledoctor Erg and all interested people: according to AlexT the engine now supports concentration checks! :smile: Yay!

Maybe it's a sign that all ToBex features will be implemented.

Too little, too late.

I have no interest whatsoever in buying Siege of Dragonspear or anything else from Beamdog, but thanks anyway for tagging me.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Nhull said:

So torn..I want to watch, but I want no spoilers!

Search your feelings. You know you will watch it.
    MusignyGrammarsaladthe_spyder
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    If anyone missed it you can check it out here.

(if you are using Chrome you can also download "ReChat for Twitch" if you want to get any chat text you missed).
    JuliusBorisovMusigny
    elminster said:

If anyone missed it you can check it out here.

(if you are using Chrome you can also download "ReChat for Twitch" if you want to get any chat text you missed).

Could you upload it to YT for those who couldn't watch it?
    Musigny
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    you can watch the record on twitch, and I think they wanted it to upload it to yt too
    Musigny
    Could you share the image of a dragon from the T-shirt?
    MusignyJuliusBorisov
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2016
    That was an excellent presentation of the game. This demonstrates it is much more than a simple extension even though the adventure is said to be shorter than BG is.
    I like the graphics very much (the map, the new creatures). When I saw the boars, I immediatly thought about one of the first PoE map where you have the privilege to be humiliated by a couple of boars if your team of newbies goes there unprepared.
    I am also curious about several features related to the "scalable" AI and all AlexT comments from a general perspective.

One little question: does Beamdog plan to refresh and officially document its own specifications replacing the data found on the IESDP mirrors ?
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    So I read in @Bengoshi 's post that
    we can no longer separate the duo companions. Does this mean the old trick of leaving (say) Khalid in the top floor of the FAI then removing him from the party will no longer work? What about killing one of the partners?
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The new AI feature seems appealing, espcially for my storied play through. Having a mage like Edwin "accidentally" toasting the meat shields would be so much in character for him.

I do have a follow up question regarding the scaling difficulty. Will XP be scaled down for encounters when fighting the extra critters.

For example, @bengoshi stated that when yoy scale the difficulty up, it will add a couple of archers and a cleric to the already established meleers.

So assume on core, there are 5 fighters in an encounter worth 100 xp each. If on a higher difficulty, you add 4 archers and a cleric. Would the all be worth 100 xp (doublinghe xp gained and curtailing the difficulty with faster leveling) or will they be each worth 50 xp?
    JuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    brus said:

Could you share the image of a dragon from the T-shirt?

brusJuliusBorisovlolien
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Such an awesome, entertaining stream. Thank you for sharing it with us! :)
    JuliusBorisovelminster
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Faydark

When I wrote that part, I meant they said that it should work like it does in BGEE, because there were questions on the forum, like https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/46712/npc-connections-sod#latest by @Maiverick, whether the connections existing between 2 characters in BG 1 would still exist in SoD.

So I guess it will be possible to separate duo companions using different tricks, just like in BGEE.

Faydark
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    First of all let me may say I'm really looking forward to Siege of Dragonspear. One thing that really bothers me from the livestream with the dialogue and inventory screen though is that horrible sans serif text font - it looks nothing like Baldur's Gate 1/2's style and looks really out of place. I would really like the option to use a more classic feeling serif font like was used in BG 1/2. I understand this has been done for ease-of-use, but I think a lot of people interested in this game have no trouble reading text and would appreciate a more classic BG 1/2 feel. I don't have a problem with it on really small over the head text, but on larger text it just looks out of place - in particular the capitalised sans-serif CONTINUE and END DIALOGUE buttons just look obnoxious and ugly.
    ValamirCleaver
    Just to add I noticed this change in the livestream from yesterday and in previous versions I much preferred the look and feel so I really, really hope they let us switch this like they will the health bars and font-size.
    ValamirCleaver
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Honestly the game play itself was disappointing “hack and slash” … take two steps’ then kill this (rinse and repeat).
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    That could be because if they focussed on more storyline gameplay it would probably have had massive spoilers and consist mainly of someone clicking through dialogue boxes. Fun to play, yes, but probably not very exciting for a presentation...
    I thought it looked a little bit dense and combat-centric, but then they were just clicking options to go for combat each time for the demonstration. Also I think they were avoiding spoilers. For some reason that dialogue font really annoys me as it just looks too modern and doesn't fit with the style of the old infinity games. Pillars of Eternity is a modern game built for high resolutions and they do just fine with serif fonts, don't understand why they are fiddling with stuff like that. Please make it an option - like an easy-read font or something.
    ValamirCleaver
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Mikey205 - @Dee mentioned in another thread that they have added .ttf font support to the engine (as opposed to the old bitmapped fonts; https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/706456/#Comment_706456). This should make replacing the in-game fonts much easier.

Perhaps the font was a placeholder to test .ttf support. They may have something closer to the "classic BG" font for the final release. Although a clean font is much better for readability, especially on small screens.
    JuliusBorisovcmk24Musigny
    Thanks @AstroBryGuy for the link. It sounds very much like they may give options or it will at least be easy for people to mod. The presentation looked good otherwise.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    edited February 2016
    I liked what I seen, this stream has made be 100% sure to buy this expansion. I will probably just wait a few days to see if the release is overly buggy (some bugs are expected).
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I will wait patiently until the game gets released then buy it right away, presuming I don't pre-order it.
    FaydarkGrammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited February 2016
    Okay, I read this in @bengoshi 's summary
    (Not really a spoiler, but)

Skill checks as well as well as infravision checks.

Will this be radically different from bgee1+2? If so, will this feature be added to those as well? That is, will it 'stick out'? That is, (eg) will infravision be extremely useful in SoD, but not in the rest of the game?
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    Son_of_ImoenJuliusBorisov
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited February 2016
    I'm watching it right now. I even commented the video. Those Myconids reminds me of Matango.
    lolien
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Where is the "IwD shirt pre order" button?