Skip to content

Might & Magic: Heroes VII

2»

Comments

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486

This isn't so with VII yet. It's optimized horribly, and I can't for the life of me understand why developers keep releasing games that are barely past alpha-stage.

I'm still waiting on fix that makes HoMM6 playable on modern rigs...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Yamcha , When's the last time you checked? HoMM6 worked very well on my old Windows 7 machine, and it works fine on my new Windows 8.1 machine. I didn't buy it until about 3 or 4 years after release, when somebody gave me a suggestion to take another look at it, since most of the community now accepts it as "fixed" from the mess it was at its release.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Adding to @BelgarathMTH 'a answer, I have to note that the last version of Might and Magic Heroes VI is 2.1.1. On Sept 25 2013, Ubisoft declared that there will be no more online support on Heroes VI, bringing an official end to the updates.

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-gb/news/details.aspx?c=tcm:21-114072&ct=tcm:6-231-32

So the game is in the last state, with all 14 patches, and no further fixes will be released. Now all their work is on Might and Magic Heroes VII.
    BelgarathMTH
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    I had the last contact with Ubisoft on oct. 1st
    They couldnt help me.
    I stopped playing in in 2011 because of horrendous bugs (saving waas only possible when online, etc. )
    but the performance was fine, played on an laptop.
    Now 4 yrs later, I can save my games just fine, but the performance sucks on a pretty good gaming PC

And now they cut the support (check their tech forum, im not the only one having unresolved problems)

Fuck Ubisoft.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2016
    Aedan said:

Reviews on Steam are terrible. Has anyone tried this new chapter? Is it really so bad?

@Aedan Today the patch 1.7 has been released.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/patch-1-7-notes

The game is pretty stable now. Among other things, they added Lost tales of Axeoth: Unity, written by Terry B. Ray many years ago for Heroes IV but not produced back then.

Heroes 4 stuff... in 2016 with the new engine... @BelgarathMTH ;)
    AedanBelgarathMTHlolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Wow, interesting!
    Please, once you try this "Lost tales of Axeoth: Unity", let me know if you liked it or not. I really enjoyed HOMM4, especially for its campaigns.
    JuliusBorisov
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500

Nothing beats HoMM3 <33333333
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    Aedan said:

Wow, interesting!
    Please, once you try this "Lost tales of Axeoth: Unity", let me know if you liked it or not. I really enjoyed HOMM4, especially for its campaigns.

@Aedan

There're 80 new Hall characters (based on the original art of Heroes III and IV's portraits) there, new creatures, like efreeti. There're six new Story Heroes, 24 new artifacts, 30 new or alternative adventure-map buildings.

The campaign is interesting to play, much more interesting that the general campaigns from Heroes VII and Heroes VI. The Map design is good. The difficulty is fine.

The story is great, the writing, the cutscenes - everything is better than what Heroes VII and Heroes VI provide. And music, ohh my, that music!

Nothing beats HoMM3 <33333333</p>

Of course, but there's a hope that each new Heroes game can at least be 50% as good as HoMM3.
    Aedanwraith5641
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited February 2016
    @bengoshi Many thanks for your reviews. It seems amazing!
    I just have a little problem - my laptop does not support HOMMVII, so I cannot give it a chance :(
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Aedan
    edited May 2016
    A level designer of MMH7 posted an article on a russian site about the process of the game's development and problems it had and still has. That article was later deleted but folks from http://heroescommunity.com/ managed to save and translate it:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=42430

It's a very insightful read and illustrates what a low budget and a short development time can lead to. As a fan of HoMM series I cried when read that article.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    lolienGrond0BelgarathMTHAedan
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    The Might and Magic series (including the HoMM series) was pretty much destroyed the instant that Ubisoft got ahold of it. I much preferred 3DO's M&M series, especially on Enroth.
    BelgarathMTH
    And the inevitable has happened.

Now it can be said that the game has been poorly received, with the addon, Trial by Fire, in particular doing poorly. Ubisoft has taken the step of dropping Limbic Entertainment as a developer via an announcement. This follows a patch and hotfix for the game which turned out to be the last patches for the game ever.

How disappointing this all is.
    BelgarathMTH
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I've been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 2 instead. Finished Roland's campaign, and just got through the Peasant Rebellion in Archibald's campaign. Beautiful bright colors, some of the best music in the series (German opera for the win), and stable as heck. Good times. :)

I'd play HoMM 1 next, but Lord Slayer's map terrifies me if I play my favorite, Lord Alamar. Maybe I'll play some HoMM 4. I actually like 4, unlike the fan majority.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited October 2016
    Grab your favorite pitchfork, light up a torch and chant after me: "All hate Ubi! All hate Ubi! All hate Ubi!"

(As if having to use a proxy to buy the English version wasn't bad enough... *pokes Ubisoft with a torch*)
    JuliusBorisov