Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Adventures of Tilly Wigglebottom (4th page re-start)

Comments

• typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    You know, this is just like a true low level start. :) We've spent a long time just gaining experience little by little, in small random encounters.

Normally, I'd do a few quests with Immy and CHARNAME to boost them to level 2-3 -- then my 3rd and 4th party members would start at level 2 or 3, even if multi-classed.

The game is much easier starting with a party of levels 2s and 3s than of level 1s.

kcwiseJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHlolien
    edited January 2016
    Today we saved a farmer's cow from little blue men.
    Then Minsc made a speech about being heroes. It's
    sounds ridiculous, but I really felt like a hero! We fought
    off little blue men and wolves and ogre-lings! Plus, I got a
    feel for this icky grease spell I can't wait to cast on
    bandits.

--------
    Tilly died. Ogres attacked... backed some party members up... kobolds attacked... more ogres attacked. :/ Well I'm halfway to having a level 4 party where characters can take more than 1 hit each! :)

... Then Minsc dies fighting a hobgoblin elite, of all things. Up close. No poison damage. Heal came as he fell. :| Two hits and he was down.

... ... Then Dynaheir died in a skeleton archer ambush. Surrounded on all sides. Two arrows. No chance to move. We leave Minsc's full plate behind. :(
    --------

In a pitched battle with 3 human bandits (where I do use
    grease and Branwen uses paralyse), all die except
    myself, the witch, and 1 bandit. We retreat. We're able to
    raise Minsc and Branwen... but not my sister. Even after
    selling everything and our advanced spell scrolls, we
    don't have enough to raise her.

--------
    Did a reset with Vax and Zal. Minsc died in 2 hits as per usual then... no one else could hit Vax without a natural 20. :/ Oddly, in the rematch, the vaunted Zal misses with every attack.
    --------

Another 2 bandits and we're able to afford to bring back
    sis! Before heading out this time, we stash 2 sets of splint
    mail at the inn (with permission). I doubt it will be long
    before we lose our lives and our armour in the field.

--------
    Level Ups :D
    Wigglebottom gained a mage level. Rolled 2 hp. :)
    Wigglebottom gained a cleric level. Rolled 4 hp!
    Minsc levelled! Rolled 6+1hp :)

Running Death Country! + Party Wipes
    Tilly: 2 + 2 party wipes
    Minsc: 6
    Branwen: 3
    Dynaheir: 2
    Imoen: 1

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,792
    Minsc must have some scars besides his tattoo from all those times he died.

kcwisetypo_tillyJuliusBorisovlolien
    Tell me about it! It feels like he's died far more than 6 times. o_o' I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't keep rolling above 5+1 hp each level. :( Kivan could really help him up there. But I'll need Coran if I dual Imoen over to mage.

And I'm ignoring the Imoen death as a permanent gameover. Even in BG2, she's allowed to die -- frequently! When I'm playing. ^_^'

kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited January 2016
    Found a girl's dead cat at the bottom of a waterfall. She gave us her allowance of 23gp and wouldn't say 'no'. Imoen, at least, thought to give her 2 shiny stones of ours. I know her father will see the value in them.

Two men -- two _dull_ men -- wanting to cut down the tree of the _one_ dryad living here. *sighs* Dull, strong, dead men... Hit Branwen pretty hard, though! I hope the heal spell helped with that headache!

I learn how to protect us from petrification attacks! ... So far, we've never seen it, but I'm sure we will.
    Also, we bought the biggest shield for Minsc. It's ridiculous, really.

Almost died today. Hobgoblins with poison arrows. We ran and their ogre colleagues (co-bandits?) chased us, while the goblins came at all sides. But they split themselves too much and we rallied.
    Never had to use those antidotes from the priest, although Minsc drank what he thought was a potion and turned out to be beer. A drunk ranger fighting ogres. We shall never let him purchase potions again.

----

Level ups

Branwen rolled 6+1 hp :D Woo! She's doing great!

We ran into a few winter wolves, which has helped. :) Also, Tilly is 2 for 4 spell attempts. :D I have Protection from Petrification for my paranoia over needing a niche protection spell. :)

A cave bear in a random encounter killed Tilly today. :c The bear was almost dead, but then it just kept chasing Tilly. Because of the improved bear speed, it hit her twice. It was annoying, because I could have killed it: Minsc and Branwen chased it instead of switching to ranged weapons. I was trying not to kite the enemy. If I'm in the same situation, I'll have them switch to ranged.

Everyone is on the verge of level 4, while Immy is near 5. ^_^

Spell Learnings (50% success so far, 35% learning chance)
    Starting Spells: Shield, Grease
    Successes: 2 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification)
    Failures: 2 (2x Protection from Petrification)

Tilly: 3 + 2 party wipes
    Dynaheir: 2
    Imoen: 1

Today, I watched a chicken turn into a man. I wonder what britches would do to change a man into a hen...

Came across a home in the woods. Immy picked the lock on a chest then put inside it a red ring and a copy of "The Unicorn Run". What's life without whimsy?

Dynaheir and Imoen were killed by dire wolves. While we fought ogre magi, we webbed him while he slept(?) Minsc and Branwen. They slept for minutes. The wolves killed Imoen then picked off Dynaheir. I had an invisibility spell!

Raising both of them makes us nearly gold-less again.

//Guys, really: We webbed Droth then Dynaheir backed into 3 wolves... then Droth cast sleep... then Immy held off the wolves for a while while the 2 mages pelted the ogre with stones... then Dynaheir and I ran around for almost 3 minutes before I remembered Tilly could cast Invisible. XD

---

Tilly levelled in cleric - rolled 4 :o (this is full hp because she's a multi :3)

Dynaheir levelled :D rolled 3+2hp

Tilly has gotten the most important spell so far: Invisibility! :D

Aaand I almost forgot that she only gets 6 spells per level up to level 4. Nothing 5 or higher. Ouch. XD

Anyways, think I'm gonna make her have a skunk-like spell list. :) Gases, blurs, fan attacks, that sort of thing. >:)

-----

Spell Learnings (44% success so far, 35% learning chance)
    Successes: 4 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification, Ray of Enfeeblement, Invisibility)
    Failures: 5 (Protection from Petrification, Protection from Petrification, Invisibility, Invisibility, Spook)

Dynaheir: 4
    Imoen: 2

JuliusBorisovkcwiseBelgarathMTHlolien

Tilly has gotten the most important spell so far: Invisibility! :D

-----

Successes: Invisibility
    Failures: Invisibility, Invisibility,

and she studied hard and full of perseverance to get it! Tilly for the win!

JuliusBorisovtypo_tillykcwiselolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,157
    You do know that if you buy Potions of Genius and/or Potions of Mind Focusing at the temple near the FAI and gulp them, your INT will go up, and with it the chance to learn spells will go up as well, up till 100% at 24 INT, don't you? :wink:

You can go through several scribing sessions if you have bought/acquired enough spell scrolls.

typo_tillykcwise
    edited January 2016
    *nods* True! But I swore not to use those potions this game. :) It's all about Tilly fumbling her way through the spell learnings. :D Even still, I think I wasted 1 of the only Spook scrolls in the game so far. *-) Kinda annoying, but I'm sure I'll get it sometime. :3

Yes! ^_^ She made 3 attempts and got Invisibility on the last! I really wanted it. :) At the next map, she scouted all of it. Rather made me feel like my old thiefy self again. Sneaky! Sneaky! :3

JuliusBorisovkcwiselolien
    Because of the 6 spell limit I'm, erm, limiting myself with, I did a bit of thinking for possible spells to get. Asterisks are spells I've already got. :3 Slashed spells are ones I'm less considering.

My goal is to have a skunk-like and defensive set of spells.

Level 1
    *Shield
    *Grease
    *Chromatic Orb
    *Protection from Petrification

Blindness
    Spook

I'm well set for level 1, I think. I may have to wait until BG2 for more Spook scrolls, though.

Level 2
    *Ray of Enfeeblement
    *Invisibility

Stinking Cloud
    Vocalize
    Blur
    Horror

/Web
    /Agannazar's Scorcher
    /Detect Invisibility
    /Glitterdust
    /Melf's Acid Arrow

Web would be nice, but Horror fits better thematically with stink. :3

Level 3
    Invisibility 10' Radius
    Remove Magic
    Slow
    Fireball

/Protection from Fire
    /Non-Detection

/Spell Thrust

Spell Thrust doesn't seem particularly powerful. Non-Detection does fit in with my invisibility kick, though, so I may go for that. Protection from Fire could help with fwoooshing everywhere. >:) Does the fire resistance stack for "Protection from Fire" and "Resist Fire and Cold"?

Level 4
    Greater Malison
    Improved Invisibility
    Minor Sequencer
    Teleport Field

Secret Word
    Stoneskin

/Emotion - Hopelessness

/Contagion
    /Fireshield (Red/Blue)
    /Ice Storm

With level 4, I'd like Hopelessness. I don't think there's room. n.n' Teleport Field is a wacky fun spell. :) I may change my mind.

JuliusBorisovkcwiseFinnTheHumanlolien
    This invisibility spell could have been given to me by Father himself! As a gift. If he were still alive.

We arrived at an entire spent half from hiking and half from castings. A patient search of mine spied a group of ogres and sea witches. So we stopped to memorise more web spells.

To my surprise, I remained invisible even after sleeping! The ogres never knew what happened. Nothing beats a 3-web spread!

The witches charmed Minsc -- and the rest of us backed off in a hurry! (Dynaheir probably still remembers his last whack.) Then he came to and hit them with his mace.

A great haul! A well made shield sold for 750, leaving us with 1200. That's enough to raise 2 of us from the dead. I can't wait for a larger buffer... enough to raise all of us!

Also, people recognise Imoen now! They really do, along with Minsc and even sometimes Branwen and Dynaheir. Me? Ha, they hardly give a look. I'm just the party healer.

... We're a party now!

----

Branwen levelled... with a role of 1+1 hp :c

Level 4s and 5s -- and still no one has cracked the 30hp barrier. o_O

Successes: 4 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification, Ray of Enfeeblement, Invisibility)
    Failures: 5 (Protection from Petrification, Protection from Petrification, Invisibility, Invisibility, Spook)

I've purposely been avoiding both Neera's quest (those spearmen are going to kill my low hp party!) and Safana's quest (those golems are going to kill my low hp party!). I also haven't decided on my full party. If Minsc keeps rolling very low for hitpoints, I'll have to remove him and Dynaheir :/ If I keep the 2 of them, I may check out Kivan rather than Coran. I'm leaning towards keeping Immy a right proper thief :)... but I'll probably dual her. :lol:

----

Hobgoblins and worgs around the temple. Not anymore.

It's going to be a while before I can write about today. A ghoul pleaded to be our friend... mercenaries attacked us while we were all surrounded by basilisks... a bloodthirsty gnome led them.
    Another day?

----

Level ups!

Minsc levelled and rolled... ... a 9+1! :D He's up to 37 at level 5.

Tilly levelled. Rolled 1 (of 2). for 22 hp

Immy levels. with 1+2hp. n.n 29 hp

Dynaheir levels. 3+2hp! 26hp!

JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHlolien
    edited February 2016
    I've asked Immy what she did out there, but I still don't understand. She was out front when a ghoul appeared. As it approached, she held her arm at us. It... wanted to talk? Then it acted like bears often do for Minsc. Fought for us until it died.

Better to wait and defend than to jump the innocent?

The area itself was overrun with basilisks. I'm not sure if they lived their normally... there was a gnome bringing them together. The same happened with zombies and an insane cleric.

We fought another party there. Not assassins or mercenaries... just the bored and the high tempered? The farther from a town and everyone loses their heads. Even us.

Ambushed by bandits today. We are getting a reputation for doing good down south.

When we get to Nashkel, we stash a few magic weapons. There will certainly be one ambush where we die again...

Assassins. Two months have passed and the armoured man still wants us dead. How much money could he have for mercenaries to track us for weeks? I'm not sure how safe it is in the south any more.

We take all their equipment and burn the bodies.

Reached Gullykin today. Seems they've been set upon by kobolds as well. So far Beregost is untouched. It's just the villages they're willing to attack? I wonder where their base is. Perhaps something not as obvious as the gnoll ruins.

------
    I picked up Neera, because I think we're high enough now. :)

Lots of spell attempts! XD Tilly learned Horror and Stinking Cloud and Blindness! Now we'll see what a stink mage can do! >:)

------

Spell Learnings (46% success so far, 35% learning chance)
    Successes: 7 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification, Ray of Enfeeblement, Invisibility, Stinking Cloud, Horror, Blindness)
    Failures: 8 (Protection from Petrification, Protection from Petrification, Invisibility, Invisibility, Spook, Horror, Horror, Blindness)

JuliusBorisovSon_of_ImoenBelgarathMTHlolien
    We helped a ghostly schoolmaster find a book just as old. It was in a wolf den underground. Wolf pee on it, of course, but I don't think the ghost could smell it.
    -----
    Tilly levelled and rolled 2 of 3 hp! :D

Working on running down Neera's timer to do her quest. :)

Wow, my spell learning success has been high for a supposed 35% chance. XD
    -----
    Successes: 7 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification, Ray of Enfeeblement, Invisibility, Stinking Cloud, Horror, Blindness)
    Failures: 8 (Protection from Petrification, Protection from Petrification, Invisibility, Invisibility, Spook, Horror, Horror, Blindness)

JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHFinnTheHumanlolien
    edited February 2016
    My hp rolls have been slow for Minsc. I'm considering instituting a rule for 3 levels of maximum hp. But I don't know. :( After some hesitation, I take Minsc and his 37 hp to Burlag's Tower. We fight 2 knights and Minsc's -4AC holds out well, combined with Protection from Evil on him and Blindness on the Knight Horrors. I'm going to memorise Doom as well.

While fighting the first greater dopplegaenger, I accidentally buff Minsc with Protection from Petrification. XD

I may do the next 2-3 levels at max hp. I don't want to be in BG2 with hardly any hp. There's a point where playing the spoony character becomes little fun.

In Durlag's tower, I do the top floors first. To my surprise, I was able to reach the 2nd basement level. I'm normally down here with a door token from Ulgoth's Beard. I thought you needed one.

... After a struggle with the dopples, and running into traps Immy's 80 skill can't make undone, I decide to leave. Probably coming back with a different thief if I dual Immy to a mage. The party could use a second fighter to help Minsc.

Hey! :o Neera didn't backfire ONCE! o_O I almost wonder if my game is bugged. XD And now her quest is up. Yay! :3

-----

We've spotted this small tower before. It's not nearly as big as the ruined gnoll fortress, so we figure it may be where the kobold gang is.

And what's there? Kobolds, I'm doubting are behind these knights of horror. (Immy thinks that sounds better than "horror knights". *shrug*) We fought two of these human-sized knight creatures and won -- after several minutes. Exhausting our spells, we rest. Blindness and Protection from Evil are our greatest allies here.

Giving a stink eye to those knights!

Undead infest the tower while basilisks made a nest atop. Ghouls in the central level. And a ghost above. Minsc somehow bludgeoned the ghost to death... he beat a ghost to death! That man is mean to his enemies.

In the level above the ghost, was an evil siren of some sort. We took care of that, though she charmed Minsc several times and warped about the room invisibly.

Two thieves on two different floors, top and basement. One warned us not to take any of his loot. The other just warned us about going below.

This place smells of undeath.

The pasty dopple mages in the basement are truly tough. Minsc reeks of healing potion. And, after running into several traps that even Imoen can't undo, we decide to leave. This is a tomb with a benign evil not about to leave and invade the Sword Coast. The kobolds will be elsewhere.

But honestly, who traps a barrel? And a bookshelf?! This Durlag was afraid.

-----
    Level Ups
    Branwen levelled -- and gained 9hp for her 1st of 3 max hp levels. :) (Turned down to normal difficulty.)
    Minsc levelled -- and gained 12hp (11?) for his 1st of 3 max hp levels.

Running Death Country! + Party Writes!

I gotta say... it's tough not playing a thief. ;-; I wonder if after helping Neera and rescuing Xan, I should make a second, thief CHARNAME in a multiplayer game. I'd love a Skunk Disciple as well *-) -- but Wigglebottom will be enough of a stink mage for me. :) Plus, I gotta have room for the SoD RPCs!

Tilly Thistlebottom would do great! I could write more abrasive journal entries. XD Yet... I'll need a different first name. Also, what class?...
    - pure thief
    - swashbuckler
    - fighter/thief

Tilly Thistlebottom
    half-orc (half-breed, ugly, tough life)
    fighter/thief
    STR 12
    DEX 16
    CON 12
    INT 13
    WIS 11
    CHA 10

I could just call her "Thistle"! :) Or "Thistleburr". :D

Ha, fighter/thief works best! "Bring it!" she'll say. XD

JuliusBorisovFinnTheHumanlolien
    edited February 2016
    In Adoy's Enclave, how can these goblins be using 18 STR composite longbows? o_O Goblins aren't known for their great strength or stature.

While pelting Ekandor, he killed Imoen with a spell. :( I think it was a flame arrow or some such thing.

In the Nashkel mines, during the ambush by 4 kobold 'demons', the miner actually survived! I've only seen that happen a few times. XD Minsc was running ahead, so he right next to them when they appeared. :)

Afterwards, I left Xan with Rasaad (they'll go on great adventures together!), then added a level 1 Thistle fighter/thief to the game. c:
    ----
    Today, we rescued two mages. During the battle, one turned into a rabbit while the other paralysed herself. One mage was happy but non-plussed that we killed their attackers. The other mage didn't seem to notice how we rescued her -- twice.

We parted ways in Nashkel.

We identified a book found in that tower of Durlag's. It was a magical book entitled "Don't eat yellow snow". The other party members insisted I read it (although Minsc was a runner-up). I suppose I feel a bit wiser... but what is wisdom really? Is it asking difficult questions and expecting no answers to them? Because _that_ I can do!

Our small reputation got us the attention of the mayor of Nashkel. Kobolds have infested the mines. Inside, we found a half-orc in charge of everything: splashing the ore to taint it. Letters show that bandits put him up to it.

We also rescued a sad elf. We may leave him at the pub.

Mercenaries waiting to kill us, outside the mine -- and in front of the inn itself. Nashkel is no longer safe for us. A few months away (80 in-game days!) and that man still hasn't forgotten us. We'll have to kill him one day before he kills us.
    ----
    Tilly's +1 wisdom tome gives her 13 wisdom -- and +1 level 1 spell. oh yay :D

Level Ups
    Tilly max hp level number 0.5 out of 3. = 2 hp :D

Running Death Count + Party Wipes
    Imoen: 3

With SoD's release today, I'll be playing Wigglebottom tonight. :)

I'll start with a status update post: posting everyone's stats, their levels and hitpoints.

I believe I rushed through the last few sections in order to go through all temporary RPCs: I wanted Neera's quest out of the way and I wanted to rescue Xan. I'll not rush in the future.

Imoen will probably stay as thief, because the downtime has never been worth it for me: I'd have to recruit another temporary thief? *-) Ah, anyways, I'll think of it tonight.

Other than that, I may head to Durlag's or north to the Friendly Arm Inn. I haven't gone north in this game yet. I wonder if Khalid and Jaheira will still be there. They used to leave after 3 weeks if you haven't visited the area?

And thanks for reading. :)

Son_of_ImoenBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
    Well, if Siege takes too long to buy (it's coming soon now) and download on GOG, I can read back the previous Wigglebottom adventures to get the memories back of what she's been up to.

typo_tillyBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited April 2016
    :o After all that testing... and trying to help people out this evening after Siege of Dragonspear's release plus all the new bug reporting... :'(

No written update today. :# A special treat nonetheless! :3 Here is a screenshot log of my journey! :) (I'll write captions later. n.n)

Son_of_ImoenBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
    Your post gets a like for helping people out and bughunting - though it makes you wonder how Tilly with her wiggly bottom manages to sit still and wait for the moment to start adventuring again.

typo_tillyBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
    Thank you muchly, Son of Imoen. :3 I think I've reported and updated most of the newer bugs I saw. Now we just have to wait for Beamdog's patches. c:
    I'll get some actual play in tonight. :D

BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited April 2016
    After _that_ tower and those mines (and another assassination attempt), we've come to 4000 gold. New spells are in order! Although with my 'talent', it'll mean 4000 gold tossed down a hole.

On a higher note, we met an archer named Kivan today. Hunting bandits that killed his wife... He seems confident in finding them soon and with a full party to follow him, I'm sure we will.

My feet hurt like a basilisk.

--------------------
    I meant to pick up Kivan then go straight back to Durlag's. Then I remembered his bandit quest... guess I'll be doing that soon. XD

--------------------

Post edited by typo_tilly on
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovFinnTheHumanlolien
    edited April 2016
    It was nice to focus on the music for a little play instead of testing. :)

My self-imposed limit of 6 spells per level is making this mage like a sorcerer. :lol: Right now, I have... 5 spells for level 1 and 5 for level 2 and... 0 for level 3. XD Agh. I was hoping I could buy a fireball spell. What is amazing is my 50% spell learning! I should only have 35%. :)

My level 1 and 2 spells are picked out. Level 3, I know the first 4. For level 4, I may have to not pick Minor Sequencer if I want to fit both Secret Word and Stoneskin. Will Secret Word be worth it? Otherwise, I'll only have Remove Magic (mage) and Dispel Magic (cleric).

Level 1
    *Shield
    *Grease
    *Chromatic Orb
    *Protection from Petrification
    *Blindness
    Spook

Level 2
    *Ray of Enfeeblement
    *Invisibility
    *Stinking Cloud
    *Horror
    *Detect Invisibility
    Vocalize

Level 3
    Invisibility 10' Radius
    Remove Magic
    Slow
    Fireball

Spell Thrust
    Protection from Fire
    Non-Detection

Level 4
    Greater Malison
    Improved Invisibility
    Emotion - Hopelessness
    Contagion

Minor Sequencer

Secret Word
    Stoneskin

Teleport Field
    Fireshield (Red/Blue)
    Ice Storm

--------------------
    That was one angry priestess of Tempus! Branwen knocked Tranzig flat and got the information out of him. The bandits are in woods east of the Friendly Arm Inn. I... I guess we're going north now.

(She hit him too hard.)

--------------------
    Spell Learnings (50% success so far, 35% learning chance)
    Successes: 8 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification, Ray of Enfeeblement, Invisibility, Stinking Cloud, Horror, Blindness, Detect Invisibility)

JuliusBorisovFinnTheHumanlolien
    edited April 2016
    Screenshot log

Wigglebottom learnt Fireball on the first try!! O_O ^__^ There are few such scrolls in the game and she's been without any 3rd level spell for some time. So far, she has a 52% spell learning success so far! This is fantastic, considering she's only meant to have a 35% chance with 9 INT!

Meanwhile, the spawn rate in the farm area was nicely high! I fought as many chitter bugs above ground as below in the nest! It's also rather nice being here with a level 5-7 party. :)

Recruiting Kivan also carried a pleasant surprise. ^_^ He has 2 pips in long sword. I had thought without Khalid, I'd have no one in the party to use the nice long swords in the game. And with SoD, he can equip a sword & shield and quick-switch between that and a bow.

--------------------
    My heart (and chest) jumped when someone approached us as we entered the Jovial Juggler. But it was not an assassination attack. Office Vai has heard of us and wishes we help her and the Fist fight bandits. Well, that's what Kivan wants. That's what Branwen wants.

Immy wonders who else has heard of us now...

Fear I'm seeing assassins everywhere. But it was just a druid. With bears. Quite large bears. Rather large bears. What is wrong with the woods today?

As we head through Larswood, we come across several bandit groups. The ones with arrows of ice are the toughest we've ever seen. I wondered why they used ice instead of fire. Kivan says fire arrows have a chance of burning down the forest. Or at least parts of it. They must hold up somewhere around here.

No chance in resting now. Not unless I want an arrow in my head or an amusing head wound like Minsc! Bandits are about... lots of them. Once we find the least defended side, we'll blast through. Or- wait, Kivan is arguing we blast 'em then pull back into the woods. The man is absolutely seething -- but holding back for tactics. Good vengeful ranger.

The ogre that killed Kivan's mate was not the camp. His boss is hidden in Cloakwood forest. Not satisfied that Tazok, the ogre, may be elsewhere, Kivan asks us to retrace our steps down south: the Nashkel mines and the kobolds. We never did find their hideaway.

In case the elite bandits return, we don't want to rest around the camp. (Plus, we made off with a super haul!... Granted, probably the belongings of people they killed...)

The farm area is set upon by these... chitter bugs... so? We take 'em all out!

We also sight a paladin, but keep our distance. We're not well-friends with authority. (Except the officer who buys scalps. What a nice woman.)

Hm. So Officer Vai was right: Baldur's Bridge really is down. (Imoen chuckled when she read that. Probably discovered some innuendo...)

The first night after the bandit camp battle, I go instinctively to heal Imoen. Branwen stops me with a glare: We have to heal the warriors first. I never did have enough healing power for Immy, but she gave me a knowing smile then pretends to pose heroically.

Today, fisherman tried to get us to kill a child. Ours is truly a hero's reputation to attract such requests...

Just when it starts to jade us, we save a farmer from chitter bugs. His son died, however. It was all we could do but give him money to hire help. Nothing for his grief.

After taking out those bandits, we made out like bandits! (heh, lame) We had so much money!... then we spent it on supplies. Immy's decked out in black!

We're heading down to Nashkel again, to investigate the kobolds around the mines. We may end up at that Firewine Bridge or ruined tower.

--------------------
    Level-ups!
    Immy levels: rolls 2+2 hp :) And now has 100 in traps and locks. :D
    Dynaheir levels: rolls 4+2 hp! Astonishing!

Spell Learnings (52% success so far, 35% learning chance)
    Successes: 9 (Chromatic Orb, Protection from Petrification, Ray of Enfeeblement, Invisibility, Stinking Cloud, Horror, Blindness, Detect Invisibility, Fireball)

Son_of_ImoenJuliusBorisovFinnTheHumanlolien
    Nice touch on Kivan's reasoning why the Black Talon bandits use Ice Arrows. I have been wondering why myself, but never came up with an answer. Clever!

typo_tillyJuliusBorisovFinnTheHumanlolien
    Ha! Every time I go through I think of something new that makes sense. :D

Also, I keep trying to set traps with Wigglebottom. I keep forgetting she's not a thief of some kind. XD

Right now, I have a low hp team. Minsc and Kivan are both around 40 at level 6. They only have 1 more level to gain in this game as rangers.

And I'm contemplating if I should give the INT tome to Immy or Tilly. If I give it to Immy (then console in the book in BG2), she'll have 18 INT and all level spells. If I give it to Tilly, she'll have 7 spells per level up and up to level 5 instead of 4.

JuliusBorisovGozeta
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    I love this playthrough, so bumbling. It seems things are starting to look up for this group, though. Go Skunk Magic!! :smile:

typo_tillyJuliusBorisovlolien