Skip to content

Would you be interested in another expansion to Baldur's Gate 2 EE?

Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54
Reference to previous post I made about the subject:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42938/any-chance-on-getting-an-expansion-to-bg2ee#latest

This is to show our support to creators of Siege of Dragonspear.

Even Jalily wrote that:
Jalily said:

It's possible if SoD does well enough.

Edit: Just to make things clear. I don't necessarily mean an expansion based on the main plot. Perhaps an enrichment consisting of new quests, locations, characters, items, recipes, enemies etc. All joined together by a new subplot. Just like Tales of the Sword Coast for BG. It would be nice to experience even more of this timeless classic.
  1. Would you be interested in another expansion to Baldur's Gate 2 EE?276 votes
    1. Yes
      74.64%
    2. No
      25.36%
Post edited by Sophiel777 on
JuliusBorisovmashedtatersAaeightJediMindTrixgorgonzolalolienStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Personally, I'd be more interested in an IWD:EE expansion. Or PST:EE + new expansion, for that matter.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    No, I'd be interested in a new IE game.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Possibly more a ToB expansion than BG2, but seriously, why not both? :smile:
    DaevelonjustfeelinathomeGrimjackMV
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    I'd prefer an improved Throne of Bhaal rather than a BG2 expansion.
    Throne of Bhaal is THE final chapter. It ends Charname's story.

Unless it was set before Throne of Bhaal, which I could see perhaps, I'd rather we got a PST EE or IWD2 EE.
    DJKajuru
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    no. like others said i'd prefer an pst ee to an unneeded expansion.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I'd rather a stand-alone game, but a BG2:EE expansion would be nice as well
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Personally I would like a new game. However if I had to pick I would want a BG2:EE mini expansion. Taken place somehow in the area of Throne of Bhaal expansion.
    I always found TOB very linear and tbh kinda boring. At that point of the game you were near max level if not at max level and without the story elements it got stale fast. Would be nice to have some fleshed out side areas and story quests added. Would also be nice to see how they can make an expansion that has balanced difficulty with the high level characters and abilities.
    ithildurnew
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Sure, why not? The more the merrier, I say!
    PhilhelmJLeeFinnTheHuman
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    More optional quest in ToB would be nice!
    JLee
  • LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    Yes, although while I would be interested in one in general, what I'd really be interested in is a more 'Tales of the Sword Coast'-style expansion to ToB, to add a bit more to the final chapter even if the main story can't be added to. But since ToB is part of BG2EE, BG2EE expansion is what it would technically be.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Absolutely not. Enough of the bhaalspawn saga.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    edited March 2016
    Yes.
    PS:T was a story about the Nameless Ones that was as complete (moreso IMO) that TOB, IWD&2 was a romp through the realms, both self contained.
    The BG saga was the only game that had me create a character that I felt actually existed in the FR.
    It nailed it.
    It really nailed it.
    Revamped versions of PS:T and IWD2 would be great, but if I could monitor the total amount of hours spent on IE games, the BG saga would be greater than all combined.
    Because unless my character is game canon dead (which would be a greater mistake than what they did with R.A Salvatore's characters), you just can't get enough of BG.
    lunarPhilhelmGrimjackMV
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Yeah, I would be interested. Not as continuation of Bhaalspawn saga, but as a additional quests, items, classes, joinable npcs, areas etc.
    Daevelon
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2016
    Yes I absolutely would. Obviously the main saga for the Bhaalspawn is pretty well set in already but there is no reason why something cant be done that ISNT related to your Bhaal essence. In fact Id find it a refreshing change of pace from SoA and ToB.

Also Im not going to lie, it took me a while to come round to the idea of the "Enhanced Editions". I didnt see much point to be honest, until I started seeing for myself the level of effort involved and just how much improvement is being made and how much new life has been breathed into a game that already had a ridiculously active and dedicated modding community for well over a decade. For me it just seems natural to give BG2 an injection of new content before, as Phil said in the last stream, "leaving the infinity engine in great shape".

Also I was quite staggered by how they pursued the original BG1 voice actors for SoD and have added more to the characters and to the overall story, so to be quite honest leaving it just at SoD doesnt seem right to me.

So basically yes, yes, YES, more, more, MOAR!
    DanathionTurboKnightDreadKhan
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    There is nothing really to expand on, so no.

A spin-off would be better. Something involving Thay might work.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    While I would be interested as of now, I think I'll withhold my vote on this pole until I've browsed through SoD for the first time. While I'm interested in the concept in general, I just want to see how well Beamdog does with this all new Content.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I'd prefer baldurs gate 3. Baldurs gate 2 has good closure. It would feel like a stretch to somehow expand the game past tob.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I'd like something in-between Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate, new adventures with new characters, maybe something with a big Underdark and planes setting.
    Shando
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    I hope Sod is a huge success and provides Beamdog with the financial wherewithal to continue ue to make new content and hopefully give them the profile large enough to be the "go to" team for any and all EE content pertaining to all these legacy games.
    They have more than proven their ability and love for the series so far , totally disproving the naysayers when BGEE was first mooted.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Would I be interested? Certainly. I don't necessarily want it in preference to a 5th edition based game with a new cast and a fresh new story to enjoy, but let's make no pretences I wouldn't buy more BGII and enjoy it.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    As much as I love the BG series and do look forward to SoD, I think it's okay to let it rest.

Beamdog have proven their competence when it comes to IE-style games, and I'd much rather see them put that skill to use on something new than simply riding the tails of an established great series. I think that would be better for them, for us, and for BG.
    batoorJuliusBorisov
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    While I agree that ToB should have been more expansive in the first place, I think Beamdog's efforts should be focused elsewhere besides the story of CHARNAME.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Not sure, but I will always remain skeptical about a BG3 no matter who's involved. If that should become a thing.

Ideally I'd just want them to explore a new area in the Forgotten realms. Surely there are several more intriguing areas.

Waterdeep maybe.. I just barely got to see that city in HotU.

Mask of the betrayer was a thrill.. I got to experience Thay and Rashemen!

I'm guessing there are many complications that prevent a new IP from becoming an easy thing though.
    JuliusBorisovRelSundan
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Add more stuff to Throne of Bhaal. ToB's one big weakness was linearity. An expansion could do a lot to change that.
    NonnahswriterJLeeDreadKhan
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    I'd much rather a new game, 5th edition, set in the Forgotten Realms. Call it Baldur's Gate 3 or Icewind Dale 3 if you must, but I think it would be best in the current WoTC timeline. Make references to the original games as history. Maybe have some of the longer lived characters make cameos, but let's start a new storyline.

Of course, if a BG2 expansion was made, I'd probably buy it.
    Post edited by BillyYank on
    mashedtaterssemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Yea how about a New Forgotten Realms Game set in a different location than the Sword Coast.....Forgotten Realms is a HUGE world so many locations......
    mashedtatersPteran
  • WanderingScholarWanderingScholar Member Posts: 17
    I agree with what others have said. If there are going to be more additions to the bhaalspawn saga it should be in Throne of Bhaal. It was very linear and could use some sprucing up.
    Pteran
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I agree that TOB could use some sprucing up. But I'd really love a completely new game in a different setting/timeline.
  • clos4lifeclos4life Member Posts: 26
    Expansion to TOB would be ideal. Personally, I'm not big on BG3, I don't think it can be properly pulled off. The story has been told and anything other than CHARNAME story wouldn't be BG. However, I think more Bhaalspawn background on TOB that's less linear with more quests would be nice.
    ArdulDaevelon[Deleted User]the_sextein