Skip to content

Release FAQ

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I don't know if this issue has been addressed or not, I could not find it in the change log.

Has the sidebars disappearing without being able to restore them in-game on phone bug been fixed? Has the ammunition bug, where you have to select one piece of ammunition at a time to move a whole stack (40 clicks to move 20 arrows) for phone, been fixed? I notice that the current versions on the AppStore still have bug complaints for those issues. I do not own the games on iPhone, but those two bugs are the main reason I haven't purchased them on iPhone yet. I can't find any discussion anywhere about those bugs that do not consist of complaints, so sorry if it has already been addressed/discussed.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Messi said:

Thanks for the answers @dee. Got another question is there a way to make the new quest update window stay up longer? I really like it but it disappears so fast I often have hard time reading all of it.

A feature request/bug report for this has already been filed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited March 2016
    Redmine is a bug tracker website, specifically designed for tracking bug reports and feature requests unlike the forum software.
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    So is SoD a natural progression of the original BG1 campaign or is it completely separate in like, you start it from the main menu?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Dee: A quick question, which I'm not sure of if I should submit it as a feature ticket on Redmine. The menu for choosing a difficulty setting is in BG:EE filled with golden-ish colours, whereas in BG2:EE it's just grey/blackish. Is that deliberate to differentiate between the two games? I for one find the BG:EE goldish version a lot clearer and better looking than the BG2:EE version.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

@Dee: A quick question, which I'm not sure of if I should submit it as a feature ticket on Redmine. The menu for choosing a difficulty setting is in BG:EE filled with golden-ish colours, whereas in BG2:EE it's just grey/blackish. Is that deliberate to differentiate between the two games? I for one find the BG:EE goldish version a lot clearer and better looking than the BG2:EE version.

Yes, this is intentional. The games each have their own color schemes, and the gold you see in BG:EE doesn't fit with the palette in BGII:EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    Should I wait to start a new baldur's gate play through until SoD arrives?
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    Edit the German Speech Language into BGII? (Text Language is been released but it has to fix german spelling, does it this patch 2.0?)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    @Dee thanks for the heads up, i have posted those as feature request and proposals how to do it maybe in redmine for BG:EE.

Do you think i should duplicate them for BG2:EE too? they are intereface level, therefor relevant for all the games (including IWD:EE and SoD).
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    edited March 2016
    I'm curious about the new journal. What exactly is the idea behind the change (talking about the GUI). Why was it changed from the standard window screen size, why is it's visual design completely different and why was it made move-able (and will we see this functionality in other windows)?
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    On the stream you showed the journal visible while playing, does it mean it does not pause the game anymore?

I did post some time ago a feature request about adding an option to prevent entries dissapearing on the journal after updating or finishing the quests related to them. Anything about this on this new journal system?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    According to the streams you guys have had AI acts smarter on high difficulties. My question is that on which difficulty is the AI fully enabled?
    Dee said:

Yes, this is intentional. The games each have their own color schemes, and the gold you see in BG:EE doesn't fit with the palette in BGII:EE.
    Okay so:

Baldur's Gate has a blue theme for inventory UI and other UI's and a gold interface for difficulty selection and possibly other places.

Baldur's Gate 2 has a gold theme for inventory UI and other UI's and a gray theme for difficulty selection.

Wouldn't it be more consistent to give Baldur's gate's Difficulty Selection menu a blue theme and BG2's a gold theme?
    Franpa said:

Dee said:

Okay so:

Baldur's Gate has a blue theme for inventory UI and other UI's and a gold interface for difficulty selection and possibly other places.

Baldur's Gate 2 has a gold theme for inventory UI and other UI's and a gray theme for difficulty selection.

Wouldn't it be more consistent to give Baldur's gate's Difficulty Selection menu a blue theme and BG2's a gold theme?
    BG:EE uses blue stone for the base material, but gold for ornamentation.

BGII:EE uses "cracked earth" for the base material, but silver for ornamentation.

The Difficulty icons are ornamentation, which is why they use the colors that they do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    GrammarsaladAbel
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Dee I've noticed the reputation tables in BG:EE have changed, and now the amount of gold you need to pay in order to raise your reputation is different from what it used to be in vBG1 and BG:EE v1.3. (I assume the table has been ported over from BG2:EE.)

Do you know if I should post a bug report about it, or if this change was intentional?
    Adul said:

@Dee I've noticed the reputation tables in BG:EE have changed, and now the amount of gold you need to pay in order to raise your reputation is different from what it used to be in vBG1 and BG:EE v1.3. (I assume the table has been ported over from BG2:EE.)

Do you know if I should post a bug report about it, or if this change was intentional?

Yes, the reputation tables are now the same in both games. We did a fair bit of play testing to make sure the values were fair in the first game, but if you feel they aren't quite right, let us know.
    AdulJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Just to clarify, is the Priest of Tyr (OHTYR) kit in BGEE now?

Could anyone who has the BGEE beta and Near Infinity tell me what the three right-most columns are in weapprof.2da? And/or the three bottom-most rows in kitlist.2da?

I'm trying to get my mods compatible with patch 2.0/SoD/EET so that everything will work on the day of release. But as a GOG loyalist I can't get access to the beta...

EDIT - and as long as you're in the game files, maybe you could also see what the highest-numbered 1st-level priest spell file is? (As in, SPPR1xx.spl)

Thank ye kindly!

@subtledoctor - PMed ya!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Thanks a ton @AstroBryGuy!

I guess I should say, to @Dee and any other devs: it appears that the Shaman is a class and not a kit; and it is the "trueclass" version of that class... so it appears in weapprof.2da but not in kitlist.2da.

That may be slightly problematic - I have seen some mods that edit columns in weapprof based on the fact that they correspond to rows in kitlist (column = row + 22, or something like that). If that correspondence changes at column 61, it will cause a bit of havoc in those mods.

Any reason not to move the Shaman column in weapprof over to the left where the classes are? Either between Ranger and Fighter_Mage, or between Cleric_Ranger and Abjurer? The correspondence would be changed overall (column = row + 23), but it would hold consistently for all kits and mods would be able to deal with it.

(I don't remember which mods I've seen that in. This won't affect mine... I'm just worried it will break some mod whose author is gone, and the mod will be unable to be fixed with a workaround.)

Are you sure about that? KITLIST.2da has the PROFICIENCY column gives the WEAPPROF.2da column index. Why make a potentially bad assumption (that already didn't work for kits like barbarians and wild mages), when you can just read the entry from table.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Pecca said:

I'm curious about the new journal. What exactly is the idea behind the change (talking about the GUI). Why was it changed from the standard window screen size, why is it's visual design completely different and why was it made move-able

The primary use of this feature is that you can open the window and leave it open while you are playing, so you can reference the journal as you go along.
    (and will we see this functionality in other windows)?
    Can't say for certain, but all things are possible under the light.
    PeccaJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MythrinnMythrinn Member Posts: 42
    Hello everyone. Really looking forward to release. I have searched through most of the forums and could not hint much hint of an answer, so I thought I would bring it up in here and see if I can get a glimmer of hope. Here's my questions. First, do we have an idea if the patch will be released for all platforms at approximately the same time? I currently have BG:EE only on my iPad. I plan on purchasing direct from BeamDog down the road, but right now, finances are all tied up. Also, I know everything keeps saying tablet release will be after PC release, but should I expect days, weeks or months after? If this has already been answered, I do apologize for the repeat question.

When will iOS and Android get the update? @Mythrinn

iOS and Android won't get the update until after the desktop platforms. I would expect to wait at least a month, given the amount of testing that needs to go into a release of this scope. Much of our focus right now is on the desktop platforms, so it's too early to say how long the mobile platforms will take.

(Nice username, by the way! Welcome to the community!)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    Does 2.0 include Steam achievements?
    Autocrat said:

Does 2.0 include Steam achievements?

There's 61 of them.

Does this update include Steam achievements? @Autocrat

Yes. The achievements are in and working, and you should be able to start activating them just by playing the game normally in the current beta.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov