Skip to content

[Known] Unable to Get Rasaad quest to trigger after entering docks

Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Gate70 said:

Rasaad quest should start when he is first encountered

1. Start a new game with Abdel.
2. C:MoveToArea("AR4801")
3. Walk towards the inn door and stop near it so Neira can initiate dialogue (1).
4. Once Neira turns hostile, exit the inn.
5. Wait for Neira to follow and for Rasaad to attack her.
6. Kill Neira (CTRL/Y).
7. C:GetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL")

*Observed*
The Rasaad plot variable has not been activated : "Global : Rasaad_Plot GLOBALDoes Not Exist"

*Expected*
The Rasaad plot variable should be activated when he first speaks. "Global : Rasaad_Plot GLOBAL set to 1"

*Note*
It is possible to enter the inn without Rasaad starting his dialogue, e.g. by walking on the inn-side rather than the river-side.
The variable is incorrectly set if he attacks Neira or Nimbul (possibly any other hostiles too) before speaking to the party.
The in-game consequences of this are not see until chapter 5 when his plot fails to progress.

I'm having trouble getting Rasaad's quest to trigger. I've had the two prerequisite conversations with him a long time ago, then I removed him from the party. I readded him to the party once I gained access to Baldur's Gate, but for the life of me I can't get the attack to trigger in the Baldur's Gate Docks at night. Entillus Fulsom is not around either.
I've tried using this script a fellow wrote:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/273708/#Comment_273708
but that doesn't work either. It doesn't trigger the first two conversations, either, though I get the feedback text.

If I enter this:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("RASAAD_PLOT","global")
from this post:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10902/rasaads-quest-not-triggering#Comment_184291
I get:
"Global: RASAAD_PLOT GLOBALDoes not exist

Using BGEE - 1.3.2053

If someone could enlighten me on how to trigger the ambush in the docks, it would be helpful.

One possibility that occurs to me as to why this may have happened, I *MAY* have entered the docks at night with Rasaad at one point, and then left soon after. Perhaps that started something then aborted it? I dunno.

Quicksave:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w932fb5jg83yy94/000000001-Quick-Save.zip
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Either load the attached save or enter this command in the console instead.
    C:SetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL",1)

I can't see immediately if this is intentional based on dialogue choice (probably the one in Nashkel), or needs correcting. Will try and find out tomorrow if not answered by someone else.
    Thanks
    Erg
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Gate70 said:

I can't see immediately if this is intentional based on dialogue choice (probably the one in Nashkel), or needs correcting. Will try and find out tomorrow if not answered by someone else.
    Thanks

It may be indeed a bug. It looks as if you speak to Rasaad, for the first time, after he helped you defeat Neira or Nimbul, the variable Rasaad_Plot will never be set to 1.
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    I do remember he did in fact help me defeat someone in Nashkel before I'd tried to recruit him.
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    Also, the Quick-save edit worked a charm. Thanks a LOT! You guys are the best. ^_^
    Erg
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Anyone else played the game and found this with v1.3.

I don't want to class it as a bug. But I can't believe I am now stuck on this mission. I have even downloaded @Erg 's script for Rassad to no avail.

1) I have spoken to Rassad twice. Learning of his brother.
    2) I have spent days since then, travelling back and fourth between the docks and the cloakwood mines. Although, I have learnt that it is two days supposedly.
    3) I have talked to and removed the three other characters, Entillis included, who talk to you on the map.
    3) Even tried @Erg 's script... Done and done... But not done...

Are there any other reasons why the Dark Moon monks may not show?

On the Beta play through, this worked fine...

My saves... Just in case... Can't be a bug... I've forgotten something...

*Taps hollow skull*

@Anduin, my script was meant to speed up the quest, not to fix bugs :)

Anyway, see if this helps you.
    Anduin
    edited September 2014
    Okay. Thank you @Erg . I specifically avoided talking to Rassad to see him wade into the Nimbul fight . Have you already reported this bug?
    Anduin said:

Have you already reported this bug?

Yes, in this very thread :P

But it looks like my report went unnoticed. Let's try again by tagging directly @Gate70‌
    Anduin
    Sorry @Erg‌ had seen it but not acted on it. Have run it through now & will add shortly.
    Cheers
    ErgAnduin
    @mlnevese‌ I need a good moderator.

Can you merge this thread, with this one.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34783/unable-to-get-rasaad-quest-to-trigger-after-entering-docks/p1

They are one and the same problem. Although my previous searches for a solution did not reveal it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Threads merged...

@Anduin
    Anduin
    My thanks for merging.

As a last note. Posting C:SetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL",1) in the console also cures the problem.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    GAH I got the Docks encounter to launch and found the scroll but that Sonner dude is not at the Blade n Stars! Bugs are bugging me. :(
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Lateralus Did you check the second floor of the inn? He should be next to the tree girl.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Tresset said:

@Lateralus Did you check the second floor of the inn? He should be next to the tree girl.

About 30 times, yes. He actually sits at the head of that table, when he's there.
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Gate70 said:

The bug is still there. Can somebody explain, like for dummies, how to enter the command?
    Hi @Cactus
    With the game closed, find and edit your baldur.ini file - make a backup first, not strictly essential as the game will create one from scratch if not present.

Update or add the highlighted details, the location doesn't matter so long as you don't split any existing groups of 3. Save your update and close the file.

Start the game and load your save.
    From the main game screen hold your Ctrl key and press the Spacebar.
    You should get a blank line appear with a red cursor.
    Enter the console command exactly as below as it is case and space sensitive. Or copy and paste it in
    (you may need to check the quotes if pasting)

Press the ENTER key and the command should appear in the text feedback window, without any error messages.

Once done you can check with this command. It should either remain at 1 or advance to 2 as the quest re-activates.
    C:GetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL")

If you still have no joy, zip and attach a save.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisovGloomfrost
  • Alsatian86Alsatian86 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Any way to fix this on a mac? I'm not too tech savvy, and this bug is killing me.

Edit: Never mind got it to work, thanks to your detailed description! Thanks
    Post edited by Alsatian86 on
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Gate70 Stumbled upon this bug just now. TY mate for the console command, worked like a charm.
    P.S. Whoever is responsible, fix the goddamn bug, will ya! It' s a major plot breaking bug!
  • merrillymerrilly Member Posts: 21
    It seems like this quest has all kinds of exciting, buggy possibilities...
    I didn't encounter any trouble with it until I talked to Sorrem on the second floor of the inn. He offered to meet me outside the Seven Suns house at night, I agreed... then my party was instantly teleported to the meeting spot... but Sorrem wasn't there.
    In addition, Rasaad had some trouble walking. The rest of my party would go wherever I clicked, but Rasaad could only take a few steps at a time before I had to click again.
    I returned to the inn, went to the second floor... and there was Sorrem, right where I left him. But he seemed to think we were at the meeting spot by the Seven Suns house. He offered me the key to the building, and then instead of giving it to me, blinked out of existence.

...I can share the save file if needed. Certainly are a lot of things going on with this quest.
  • PscionPscion Member Posts: 19
    i got stuck with sorrem not appearing, tried using the console to first reset the plot completely, also tried pushing it back and forcing it to back up to where it was supposed to be to the same number, then tried bumping it ahead, and no dice... since the console can't seem to work, does anyone know the actual natural parameters for the progression trigger? maybe i can mess with the conditions to make it work? rasaad himself seems to have tons of bugs, i had the infinite intro chat loop and had to reload to fix that, and had a clone of him pop up as well at one point...
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    Gate70 said:

Hi @Cactus
    With the game closed, find and edit your baldur.ini file - make a backup first, not strictly essential as the game will create one from scratch if not present.

Update or add the highlighted details, the location doesn't matter so long as you don't split any existing groups of 3. Save your update and close the file.

Start the game and load your save.
    From the main game screen hold your Ctrl key and press the Spacebar.
    You should get a blank line appear with a red cursor.
    Enter the console command exactly as below as it is case and space sensitive. Or copy and paste it in
    (you may need to check the quotes if pasting)

Press the ENTER key and the command should appear in the text feedback window, without any error messages.

Once done you can check with this command. It should either remain at 1 or advance to 2 as the quest re-activates.
    C:GetGlobal("Rasaad_Plot","GLOBAL")

If you still have no joy, zip and attach a save.
    Thanks

thank you Gate70, i was having this problem. Followed you instructions exactly and finally the dark moon monks attacked and the quest can finally begin. I better bookmark this page if i even run through BG:EE again, can't believe this is still a bug.