Skip to content

Help Greater Werewolf on Ulgoths Beard Island

I am currently running a solo BGEE game with a cleric 8/ Thief 9. I am on the island at Ulgoths Beard and struggling to kill the Greater Werewolf. I have killed all the other monsters but how do I kill the Greater Werewolf. I am unable to use any of the weapons that can hit him, and if I use the wand of Heavens on him he just regenerates before I can get another hit in the same with cause serious wounds. Any beast or undead I summon are only good for cannon fodder. Please help is there a way to kill him or at least escape the island.
lolien

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    He's a tough nut to crack if you don't have anything that can hit him. I would suggest drink every potion you have and throw everything you have at him. If you still can't manage it, try a mod or just ctrl-y him
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Cheers wubble I will give it another go beefing up with all my buffs and potions. What is ctrl-y him, what does that do.
    It's the kill command, it deals 1049 damage of every type to the creature and generally kills them in one, due to his regeneration you might need to try it a few times but it should kill him if you're out of options.
    wubble I did not know about the kill command will it work on my android phone. 
    Tresset when I get home from work I will try your proposal, I have never been a big fan of traps so am not overly sure how they work. But it is worth a shot thanks.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Do you have the butterknife of Balduraan? I'm pretty sure you can one shot him with it.
    CrevsDaak
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Clerics can't use knives is his issue and sadly the Chair Leg of Balduran is on another island. Not sure how you kill him solo without edged weapons. I assume you just don't.
    CrevsDaak
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    So, i guess just escape from the island... I remember having trouble with that the one time i did that adventure. Do you have to kill Karaug?

Also, these pages
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/12141/the-greater-wolfwere-in-totsc
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/9605/unkillable-werewolf/p2

lolienCrevsDaak
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473

I recall an earlier thread about this very subject.  One poster stated that he managed to kill the wolfwere with a Wand of Heavens.  There was another suggestion to use Potions of Firebreath for 6D6 damage.  Of course, this isn't helpful if you don't happen to have these items.

Another suggestion was to spam Glyphs of Warding and to cast lightning immunity.  Maybe you can stack a ton of Glyphs of Warding by abusing the rest feature, and lure him to the trap.

I have tried with Wand of Heavens and fire potions. But I hit him once and by the time I hit him again he has regenerated the lost hit points. I will try the trap suggestions but i think strategic Withdrawal may be the way to go. How can I escape the island without killing the Greater Werewolf, I have killed all the other Werewolf's.

lolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I hate to say it, but I think that you are stuck. Especially as us iphone/adroid players can't use cheats. The best thing I could suggest is exporting your character and just skipping to BG2. 

He can only be hit by slashing/piercing weapons. You can't use them. 
    He regenerates damage far too fast for potions/wand of heavens to do anything. 
    You can't leave the island without killing him...
    10Bazza11
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
      You can't leave the island without killing him...

I think that is the case.

@10Bazza11 Since you are a Cleric/Thief, try a combination of thief traps and the cleric's Glyph of Warding.  If you can rest and keep spamming them, and lure the wolfwere to the trap, then maybe you will have a chance.  Also, I seem to recall reading about a bug that increases his regeneration rate if you save/reload inside of the ship; I am unsure if that has been fixed in EE.

Grum10Bazza11
    I tried the trap thing but no joy I think Grum and Philhelm are both correct. I only have 3 choices 1, Start again. 2, Die at the hands of the foul beast or 3, export my character to BG2. I was thinking of starting a multiplayer game soon any way. Thanks for you help guys.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    May be time to CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(AR3300) which is Beregost.
    You might be able to upload your save file here and let someone edit it for you to get you past it but you'd need someone more knowledgeable than I to do it for you.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    just a thought , whats with "Flame Blade" ? i know the normal component wont hit but the Fire Dmg should come through (don't have a save to test it since i cleared my save folder :I) with trap and ward cheese then abusing all potions and wands you have it could be enough.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @DevardKrown - Nah, weapon ineffective (as I recall that's what happens when you hit Karoug without silver) means the attack doesn't go through at all.

Is there any way for a cleric to Slow via items or spells? Because regeneration rate gets halved on slowed targets, it's an exploit I use a lot in that fight. I don't think a cleric has any means of slowing though.
    lolien
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Artemius_I wrote: »
    @DevardKrown - Nah, weapon ineffective (as I recall that's what happens when you hit Karoug without silver) means the attack doesn't go through at all.

Is there any way for a cleric to Slow via items or spells? Because regeneration rate gets halved on slowed targets, it's an exploit I use a lot in that fight. I don't think a cleric has any means of slowing though.

a solo cleric is really fisted here.. as cleric mage he could have Hold him in a corner and just lightnight-wand him to death.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    The problem is, what is your set trap skill? Seven traps kills a certain dreadful, poorly written and ridiculously conceived dark elf instantly. I can't imagine the wolfwere is immune but can you lay out traps successfully?
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    PK2748 wrote: »
    The problem is, what is your set trap skill? Seven traps kills a certain dreadful, poorly written and ridiculously conceived dark elf instantly. I can't imagine the wolfwere is immune but can you lay out traps successfully?

He's stuck so badly he can quicksave before laying the trap.
    CrevsDaak
    My trap skills are at the lowest, as I said earlier I don't use them. Coming from a p&p background I did not see the use of them, I will look at them in the future.

I think I will give the poison thing a go. I will cast hold on him, then sanctuary and then let him have poison and hope 3 get through and at the same time blast him with the wand of heavens. I think we may have a cunning plan. Thanks for the advice Cloutier.
    lolien
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    What I always do is to equip the antiwolf necklace, take care of everything but karoug, rush to the table, tank the trap, give baldurs sword to my best fighter then drink an army of potions and hack him away + wand support. It should take care of him even if you have no pip in bastard swords
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @SirBatince, problem is the OP is running a solo cleric. There are no other party members to use bastard swords, or daggers for that matter.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    10Bazza11 wrote: »
    RIP Looanda the Half Orc Cleric/Thief..........

Thanks for everones help but but Looanda will have to spend the rest of her days stuck on an island with the Greater Werewolf. Perhaps she will contract lycanthropy and create a new clan of half orc werewolfs, as she cant kill him and he cant kill her.

@10Bazza11 You can use the console to simply teleport your character to another area instead of abandoning it
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited March 2016
    I think that using ctrl-y is fair in this situation...
    I think it's worthy to ask the developers as improvement too, maybe just add an NPC (that will anyway betray you in the end) just for fight the greater werewolf.