Skip to content

Hour of release?

what time on March 31 will the game be available for download? Does anybody know?
jemall88

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    They tend not to announce it to cover for any technical issues they might have, but they have been releasing games around midnight UTC+12 to appease the aussies IIRC.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    deltago said:
    They tend not to announce it to cover for any technical issues they might have, but they have been releasing games around midnight UTC+12 to appease the aussies IIRC.
    So that means that perhaps it will be released around midday GMT, right?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The hour of release is one thing, and the hour when the game is finally fully downloaded and ready to play is another :)
    wubble
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    helmo1977 said:
    deltago said:
    So that means that perhaps it will be released around midday GMT, right?
    That would indicate midday on the day before for us EU folks, and early morning on the day before for those US folks. Seems a bit doubtful.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    bengoshi said:
    The hour of release is one thing, and the hour when the game is finally fully downloaded and ready to play is another :)
    Not if you have fiber! (or how you can safely say: I want it NOW! and get your wish granted).
    Elendar
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Does this include Iphone users for the release, or am I going to have to start avoiding this forum to block out the jealousy? 
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The 25th hour, most likely.
    [Deleted User]Jairyanna
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Grum wrote: »
    Does this include Iphone users for the release, or am I going to have to start avoiding this forum to block out the jealousy? 
    ehhmm, i read that for android and iOS the release will be on may...
    So see you in a couple of months ;)
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Daevelon wrote: »
    Grum wrote: »
    ehhmm, i read that for android and iOS the release will be on may...
    So see you in a couple of months ;)

Argh! Well...at least it is this year. I'll just...complete another saga run while I wait then. ;)
    wubble
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ardul
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    Oh come on...
    Just in case anybody is still wondering, in the last stream they said SoD will be available at 12 PT (noon time at Beamdog HQ) or what it is the same, 19:00 GMT, on March 31st.
    JuliusBorisovcmk24Garm[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Abel
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Sweet I am CST.
    typo_tilly wrote: »
    Here's Beamdog's current time: Edmonton time. :3

So I will get my dirty hands on SoD at 20.00 hours. Good to know.
    [Deleted User]Pecca
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Exciting days ahead both for players and Beamdog employees as well I imagine. Here's hoping for a successful launch with no hiccups^^
    [Deleted User]Jairyanna
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    Waiting is the hardest part...
    ga7r8a3n22k1.jpg
    Abel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Skarose You'd better download BGEE now, before the SOD event starts, so that you didn't waste time when needed.
    Abel
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    I wish I was on the west coast so I could play it earlier. Just think of the people in Europe who have to wait even longer.
    GriboeJairyannaArdul
    I wish I was on the west coast so I could play it earlier. Just think of the people in Europe who have to wait even longer.

Uh? The game will be released for everybody. It is just that guys in the us west coast will start playing at a different hour (in LOCAL time) than those in other parts of the world
    AbelDaevelonwubble
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Question! When the patch 2.0 is coming out? Do we know the hour? Will it be different on Steam?
    Daevelon
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    @helmo1977
    I guess I was being too deadpan.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2016
    As someone who only recently rejoined the forums, I have a question. Is the SoD PC release through Beamdog's client now going to include the BGEE 2.0 patch or will it be a later update? I remember reading that the plan was for 2.0 to get out a few days before SoD, but it doesn't seem like that happened. Am I reading the situation correctly?
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Dee wrote: »
    The releases are going to be closer than we originally planned, but the plan was always to release the expansion on the same codebase as BG:EE--that means v2.0 for BG:EE, BGII:EE, and SoD-expanded BG:EE.

Ah gotcha, thanks for the info!
  • jemall88jemall88 Member Posts: 11
    Oh no i have to wait about 8 hours...
    Is there a way to let the launcher start the download automatically?
    So i can play after work! :)
  • GotNoUsernameGotNoUsername Member Posts: 49
    Still 6 hours right :-(?
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Wait I'm Confused .....So Patch 2.0 is releasing same time as ROD Tomorrow at noon?
  • jemall88jemall88 Member Posts: 11
    I can predownload it now Oo