Skip to content

Release FAQ

Comments

• jyskjysk Member Posts: 26
    Hurricane said:
    @jysk Yes, our updated German dialogF.tlk will be part of the v2.0 patch, along with many other fixes in the German texts in general. This is me speaking as one of the volunteer translators for the German version.

Note that most text fixes in the translations do not usually show up in the list of fixed bugs for a patch, because there are way too many changes to list them all. Converting the remaining English texts in BGII:EE to German was one of those changes.
    I am glad to hear that. :smile: Although I have already manually translated my dialogueF.tlk for myself. ^^
  • DoktorXDoktorX Member Posts: 3
    Dee said:
    DoktorX wrote: »
    Dee wrote: »
    Not necessarily. In this home stretch we're focusing on making sure that our update didn't break anything and fixing those issues. There may be some additional fixes that make it in, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry to be a pain but I would like to know the answer to my question posted above. Will those imported audio language files be compatible with patch 2.0?:)

I meant to answer this earlier. When the update drops, it'll clear your installation folder of any modifications you've made, which includes sound files. If you don't have them backed up, I'd recommend doing so before you update.

EDIT: I just realized you weren't talking about player sounds. I don't recommend backing up your entire data folder to preserve the sound files; if you have the files you used to install the polish audio files on your game, you'll want to reinstall them after the update, just like any other mod.
    Thanks a lot for answering. So I'll just continue playing and then re-install the audio files on the 31st.

Thanks a gain!:)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    After having a lot of problems with the Baldur.ini and the Baldur.lua on my PC, I have a question: what will happen when the patches are released?

Will we have to delete the Baldur.ini manually? This file is not a part of the baldur.exe folder. Will there be any other files that should be deleted after the patches are installed?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Under normal circumstances:
    • If there isn't a baldur.lua, it will read baldur.ini
    • When you quit, it will create baldur.lua based on what was read from baldur.ini plus any changes you make
    • From that point forward, it will only use baldur.lua unless you delete it.
    It is generally bad form for an app to delete stuff from your documents folder so we won't delete the .ini, but it can be safely deleted.  Everything else in that folder should be fine.
    JuliusBorisovcmk24
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2016
    Just to be clear the patches will be released concurrently with SoD correct? We won't have to wait until the roadmap in the other thread is filled up? I'm going to be pissed if I have to wait until more people take selfies and screen pics.

Edit: Good to know, thanks Dee.
    lordkim
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Does that mean that the 2.0 patch will not be released before march 31st?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Does that mean that the 2.0 patch will not be released before march 31st?
    Correct, March 31 is the current deadline. 7 days to go (no pressure)!
    JiveOne wrote: »
    Just to be clear the patches will be released concurrently with SoD correct? We won't have to wait until the roadmap in the other thread is filled up? I'm going to be pissed if I have to wait until more people take selfies and screen pics.
    You should've left him hanging @Dee, it's hilarious to think the patch would be locked behind social media events.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @JiveOne Correct, you won't have to wait for all the milestones to be unlocked. The Roadmap is an extra, bonus thing that we're doing because we love* you.

* In like a friendly way, not in an uncomfortable kind of way.

We love you, too, @Dee.

*drools foolishly in anticipation of SoD*
  • Scythe_KnightScythe_Knight Member Posts: 27
    As someone waiting on tenterhooks for V2 to start a new run through, is there any update on when we might expect V2 to go live?

Yes, I know within the next week, just the uncertainty of exactly when is playing havoc with my Aspergers.
    IthualPhilhelm
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I see that in addition to the BG(II):EE and ID:EE folders in documents, there is now also a "Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition" folder. I figured this might be a shared folder for the Baldur's Gates for the purposes of save import/export as well as portrait/soundset sharing across the games. So I dumped a couple of portraits neither game has in there, but that didn't do anything, so I guess it has some other purpose... what is this purpose? The only sub-folder that was allready there was "crash"
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    IIRC, it's just there to store crash dumps and other debugging info.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Since all games use the same engine, all games have the same hardcoded name "Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition" for their Documents subfolder. Each game holds a file with a different name (perhaps even filtered by language, I forgot), which is loaded on startup and used instead of the hardcoded name.

For some things, such as crashdumps, you can't rely on the file to be available, so the hardcoded name is used instead.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Will the Beamdog version of SoD require the Beamdog client? Or will there be a standalone installer as with the other games?
    FlashburnIthual
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2016
    Just a quick question. I fired up the Beamdog client awhile ago and for some reason it wanted to redownload the original BGEE. I thought it was the patch being released so I downloaded and deleted the old directory(the client created a new, seperate one), however the new download is still version 1.3. Not a big deal but I'm curious as to why the client wanted to redownload BGEE (and why it created a new game directory as well).

Also just to confirm, SoD is standalone correct? As in it does not include BGEE in its download and I will need both BGEE and SoD installed separately?
  • ZoldalfZoldalf Member Posts: 10
    İ started new game on Legacy mode but after i loading my saves in options menu diffucult setting appeared and says insane. İts realy annoying.
    ioangu
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Zoldalf wrote: »
    İ started new game on Legacy mode but after i loading my saves in options menu diffucult setting appeared and says insane. İts realy annoying.

You may need to delete baldur.lua and baldur.ini from your Documents folder.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

It may be related to the problem with the baldur.lua file in folders with non-Ascii characters in their path. Has it been fixed with the latest build?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    edited March 2016
    --
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Nice work with the UI, but please, I need the Polymorph-self spell to work properly........

You may need to delete baldur.lua and baldur.ini from your Documents folder.

İ deleted all characters-saves- baldur.lua also started fresh again but still same error.The character i was trying to play from before beta tests i created and trying to play in bgee2. Should i completely delete game and install again? Thank you in advance
    ioangu
  • ioanguioangu Member Posts: 12

Same problem here.
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    JiveOne wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I fired up the Beamdog client awhile ago and for some reason it wanted to redownload the original BGEE. I thought it was the patch being released so I downloaded and deleted the old directory(the client created a new, seperate one), however the new download is still version 1.3. Not a big deal but I'm curious as to why the client wanted to redownload BGEE (and why it created a new game directory as well).

Also just to confirm, SoD is standalone correct? As in it does not include BGEE in its download and I will need both BGEE and SoD installed separately?

Same here.
    Anyone knows why this is happening?
    edited March 2016
    Are you 3 people using any mods made before v2.0.6 was released?
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited March 2016
    Franpa wrote: »
    Are you 3 people using any mods made before v2.0.6 was released?

Nope!
    I also try to reinstall the game and still in the 1.3 version
    Maybe the release to non-beta people was a mistake/premature and they fixed the issue (So it makes sense you can't get 2.06 without entering the beta)
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @ioangu @Zoldalf
    It's a reported bug. Maybe it hasn't been fixed yet.
    There's a workaround provided by Cerevant. Type: C:SetGlobal("BD_NIGHTMARE_MODE","GLOBAL",1), save your game and reload.
    C:SetGlobal("BD_NIGHTMARE_MODE","GLOBAL",1) doesnt work first proof its sets diffucult easier than legacy mode i can kill enemies too easy , second is when i type save + reload finish game no "achievement" if its work should be unlock immediality.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    "Disclaimer: As with any major change to a piece of software, the application of the update described here may result in unexpected changes to existing saves, especially on modded copies of the game. As part of the update process, any mods you have applied will be cleared. If you don’t wish to lose your mods, back up your installation before applying this update.

What? Oh, I see. If it’s not filled with a half-dozen zingers and tongue-in-cheek references to Elminster then it’s not worth reading, is it? Well WAKE UP AND SMELL THE TECHNOJARGON, President Fancy-Pants! Not all disclaimers are sunshine and irony! I swear, the next time I see some upstart trying to sell me some trumped up disclaimer about turnip paste and goblin wigs, I’ll make them EAT those wigs, and the horse they rode in on! And that’s a promise! Put THAT in your release notes!
    "

This is going to be a fun read.
    AbelFlashburnJuliusBorisov