Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @ZeshinX,

It should work with saves by setting the custom user data folder option—use 'sodsave' on the path and tick the box. Only downside is that you won't be able to add SoD related stuff, but you'll be able to keep what you do have.

I'll do some work shortly on Keeper to get it compatible. :-)
    jackjacklolien
    @ZeshinX,

I should also note that there are two distinct differences—the Beamdog version doesn't require any changes to Keeper while the Steam version will. The Steam version reads from a ZIP file, so Keeper needs to be able to read that as well.

I'm hoping to get some work done on Keeper over the weekend to make it more compatible with the Steam version.
    AstroBryGuylolien
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2016
    I look forward to it, and thanks Troodon80. :blush: (I use the Beamdog or GOG versions...yes, I buy both...I prefer the GOG version since I can uninstall/reinstall it at will without having to re-download it all over again).
    Post edited by ZeshinX on
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2016
    @Troodon80 I was using eekeeper this past weekend no problems. Right now I'm trying to use it and its saying it "can't find dialog.tlk" for BGEE. I'm trying to repoint it through the installation directory to where it normally would be but it says it can't find it. Only thing different is I DL'd SoD. Made sure I had latest updates of both BGs this past weekend was working fine. BG2EE through keeper is still working fine.

EDIT: ok, I see that SoD completely overrides BGEE but I still can't get it pointed without "can't find dialog.tlk". I'm on Mac latest everything.
    Post edited by hexxactly on
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    looking forward to the fix for eekeeper for steam.
  • SchwarzSchwarz Member Posts: 1
    @Troodon80,
    Do you ensure compatibility with the GOG versions as well? Not sure how their system differs from Beamdog's and Steam's.
    ZeshinX said:

I look forward to it, and thanks Troodon80. :blush: (I use the Beamdog or GOG versions...yes, I buy both...I prefer the GOG version since I can uninstall/reinstall it at will without having to re-download it all over again).

@ZeshinX, you're not the only one. I buy both the Beamdog and GOG versions.

@Schwarz,
    Schwarz said:

Do you ensure compatibility with the GOG versions as well? Not sure how their system differs from Beamdog's and Steam's.

I don't think it's right for me to say that I 'ensure' anything, but I give you my word that I'll try to make it work as best I can. :-)
    jackjacklolienbleusteel
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    hexxactly said:

@Troodon80 I was using eekeeper this past weekend no problems. Right now I'm trying to use it and its saying it "can't find dialog.tlk" for BGEE. I'm trying to repoint it through the installation directory to where it normally would be but it says it can't find it. Only thing different is I DL'd SoD. Made sure I had latest updates of both BGs this past weekend was working fine. BG2EE through keeper is still working fine.

EDIT: ok, I see that SoD completely overrides BGEE but I still can't get it pointed without "can't find dialog.tlk". I'm on Mac latest everything.

@hexxactly - Did you download from Beamdog directly (i.e., not Steam)?

If so, Beamdog moved the location of the game resources. The resources are now outside of the app package. Assuming you installed in the standard locations, here are the correct Installation Directory entries:

BGEEv2: Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Game Data\00777\

SoD: Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate - Siege of Dragonspear\Game Data\00806\

Troodon80
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40

hexxactly said:

@hexxactly - Did you download from Beamdog directly (i.e., not Steam)?

If so, Beamdog moved the location of the game resources. The resources are now outside of the app package. Assuming you installed in the standard locations, here are the correct Installation Directory entries:

BGEEv2: Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Game Data\00777\

SoD: Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate - Siege of Dragonspear\Game Data\00806\

Hey thanks AstroBryGuy! Yeah I managed to relink somehow. Problem now is I keepered a Necromancer/Thief that was playing fine in both EE and 2EE. But in SoD it says "Necromancer disabled". I can cast spells, but it seems like I'm only gaining in Thief(?) which stopped at lvl6 for the switch to Necro...
  • YukonRobYukonRob Member Posts: 7
    In the steam version of SOD I have unknown items in my inventory. Do I need to wait for an update, or is it just a setting I am missing?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    YukonRob said:

In the steam version of SOD I have unknown items in my inventory. Do I need to wait for an update, or is it just a setting I am missing?

The Steam and GOG versions keep the dialog.tlk in a new location, so what you're probably seeing is EEKeeper not knowing where to find the text.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Just a quick bug/oversight report, (since you're working on a new version of EEKeeper.). I tried using EEKeeper to fix the reputation on my BD Final Save. But Vicky was wearing the Helm of Opposite Alignment. When I loaded that save and transitioned into SOD, Viconia's *base* alignment was reversed. (That is, remove the helm, and she was Neutral Good.) This problem did not occur when I load the Unedited Save. I haven't checked if the alignment reversal happens on *any* save game edit without a transition into SOD.
    Troodon80
    I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
    lolien
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Ah, I have to retract that problem report.. same thing happens when transitioning an unedited game. It just takes a while for the Problem to show up,, (Game starts correctly, then her alignment gets inverted when I save.)
  • Daelyn75Daelyn75 Member Posts: 24
    I've done a search to find out how to add and remove characters. I've seen that some people have done it, but I haven't seen any description so far on how it is done. Does anyone know how to do this?

I've finished BG EE and this is the final save edit that I want to work on. Also, my romance with Neera came to a halt when she turned herself to stone and was auto kicked from the party. I set the flag so that she hasn't been kicked from the party - so will that work to get the romance to continue or what do I have to do to get that working?
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I was wondering if a feature to un-assign a soundset to a character will be possible in the near future?
    Vasculio said:

I was wondering if a feature to un-assign a soundset to a character will be possible in the near future?

Aren't you the one who added party members to your BG EE game to be exported to BG II EE?
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Please, does anybody know how to edit my reputation in a SoD game? Baeloth and Dorn want to leave inmediately and there is nothing to steal or even kill.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Thank you
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2016
    Hi. I am having problems locating the installation directory on Keeper since the new patch, running on mac, steam versions

The directory hasnt changed but when I load up BGEE it says 'Cant find Dialog.tlk

Has it moved? Also it seems that my mods and Weidu has moved to a different place aswell?

Any help appreciated.

Cal_El said:

Hi. I am having problems locating the installation directory on Keeper since the new patch, running on mac, steam versions

The directory hasnt changed but when I load up BGEE it says 'Cant find Dialog.tlk

Has it moved? Also it seems that my mods and Weidu has moved to a different place aswell?

Any help appreciated.

It is the folder than contains the chitin.key file. Given how Beamdog changed the file organization in the "direct from Beamdog" download version, the Steam location might be:

Z:\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

If that works, please report back!
    Cal_El
    edited April 2016
    Alright, as to character transferring in and out, it doesn't matter. But what I am interested in is if I switch the part about Neera being kicked out of the group, if I check that off then would the romance just auto continue? Or is there something else I need to do? Reset it in the console perhaps? I've done that enough in the original BG II.
    Post edited by Daelyn75 on
    Daelyn75 said:

Vasculio said:

Aren't you the one who added party members to your BG EE game to be exported to BG II EE?
    I did... it was epic!
    @Vasculio,
    Vasculio said:

I'm not sure I follow the intention with your specific question, but, yes, modifying character sound slot data is on the agenda.
    Vasculiololien
    Troodon80 said:

@Vasculio,

Vasculio said:

I'm not sure I follow the intention with your specific question, but, yes, modifying character sound slot data is on the agenda.
    Thats all i need to know for now...
    rashkae
  • TraycorTraycor Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2016
    Using GOG version. When I pick a custom path for SOD saves, it just gives a blank screen. I can go back to the BG1 saves and they are all there. If I copy a SOD save into the BG1 save folder, it shows up there.

Each character has an error listing items on the characters that Keeper can't find and will remove if the file is saved.
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56

Cal_El said:

Any help appreciated.

It is the folder than contains the chitin.key file. Given how Beamdog changed the file organization in the "direct from Beamdog" download version, the Steam location might be:

Z:\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

If that works, please report back!
    Worked. Funny because I thought I did that hence my frustrations. Thanks @AstroBryGuy

So my mods and Weidu are in the Resources folder where EEKeeper was directed to(before i changed it just now) so in theory i need to copy those files where the Chitin key is?
    @Cal_El - You would need to copy the mods and WeiDU to the folder with the chitin.key file, yes. You will need to re-install any mods you had installed on v1.3.
  • TraycorTraycor Member Posts: 33
    Traycor said:

Using GOG version. When I pick a custom path for SOD saves, it just gives a blank screen. I can go back to the BG1 saves and they are all there. If I copy a SOD save into the BG1 save folder, it shows up there.

Each character has an error listing items on the characters that Keeper can't find and will remove if the file is saved.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?