Skip to content

[MOD] More Style for Mages (v1.56)

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. V1.5 does not yet contain polish and russian translation (that's why I kept v1.43 for download). These translations are being worked on and I will add them when they are ready.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    BWS was updated to reflect new version :smile:
    Pecca
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    Is this udated for 2.0 release?
    @Olteron: I'm planning an update to reflect some changes in 2.0, but I think it should work anyway.
    Olteron
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    From what I can tell, everything in this mod works EXCEPT for the staves in SOD/2.0.

Installing staves causes it to crash
    Pecca
    @Mirenheart: Sorry for the delay. I just installed every component to BG:SoD and BG2:EE v2.0 and everything installed just fine. Are you trying to install mod version 1.5?
    @Pecca Yeah I'm using 1.5. It installs just fine. Launching the game with staves installed causes crashing though. But only with SOD. BGEE base and BG2EE both launch just fine with only staves installed. Maybe the staves being added conflict with some of the new items added to SOD?

I did a fresh install of SOD and installed only the staves, and it still crashes on launch. I've got some crash files the game generated if you wanna check it out.
    @Mirenheart: I identified the culprit, it's the tooltip.2da file. In the SoD, this file has an empty line at the end which causes crash, when patched by mods, I will report this bug, meanwhile use this hotfix. Put this attached file to the override folder before installing msfm.
    @Pecca Glad I was able to help. Thanks for the quick fix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Peccalolien
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    I have a question, if I use this mod in bg2 with the Xan for bg2 mod can Xan have the familar you assign to him in the bg1 version? If not is there a way to allow this? I hope so because that is one of my favorite mods.
    @iavasechui: He won't. No mod NPCs are supported at the moment. But the thing with Xan should be relatively simple. In the "lib" folder within msfm, there is a file "familiars_npcs.tph". You must insert following lines (that defines Xan's familiar in BG1) under the line that concerns with BG2EE content:
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~ THEN BEGIN

The lines are:
    Inventory item:
    COPY ~msfm/content/bg1_familnpcs/rgfnxan.itm~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 @750 SAY NAME2 @750 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @846 SAY DESC @846
    Creature:
    COPY ~msfm/content/bg1_familnpcs/rgfnxan.cre~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 @750 SAY NAME2 @750
    Dialog:
    COMPILE ~msfm/dialog/bg1_famnpc/rgfnxan.d~
    Scripts:
    COMPILE ~msfm/bcs/bg1_famnpcs/rgfnxan.baf~
    COPY_EXISTING ~xan.bcs~ ~override~ EXTEND_BOTTOM ~xan.bcs~ ~msfm/bcs/bg1_famnpcs/rgfnxanx.baf~

Note that this will give Xan his BG1 familiar, thus underpowered. To make him more powerful, you must use Near Infinity, to assign him BG2 abilities, you can use other BG2 familiars for comparison. The description for the inventory item will also be from BG1, but that's just a minor thing.
    Thanks! I just hope I don't screw up...
    @iavasechui: It's not much problem for me to accept feature request for modded npcs. I can add BG2 Xan mod npc to a future update.
    That would be awesome ^_^
  • noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
    Customizable familiars not working. I cast the spell and get no dialog option of any sort, just the normal original familiar based on alignment. I tried initiating dialog with the familiar after summoned and no luck there either.
    This is on a fresh install of BG2EE v2.0 (just released a couple of days ago) with no other mods EVER installed. Is this just an issue that will need to wait to get sorted out now that the new overhaul of BG2 has changed so many things?
    @noctem93: That's strange. That component works for me on BG2EE v2.0. Which components do you have installed? I will try to replicate your setup, but are you sure, you have that component installed properly?
    i havent tried just yet on bg2ee, want to finish my bgee playthrough first. But I had no problems installing it on bgee 2.0
    @Pecca : this was from a clean install of BG2EE v2.0. It is the only mod that I installed, and opted for every component from the command window. Do I need to have WEIDU or something similar installed prior to installing your MSFM mod?
    @noctem93: And do the other components work for you?
    Actually... no. Mage robes now have a "function" button to allow me to switch styles, but it doesn't actually change anything on the way the character looks. Also, Garlena has your new items, but they come up as "Invalid" followed by a string of numbers, and there is no description of what they are or do. She also doesn't have a wand case. I purchased a staff and circlet, and even though I could equip them they still had no names or descriptions.
    When I transform into a Lesser Dragon with the dragon infused +5 staff, the character's paper doll and world sprite dissapear. I can move around and do things, but there's no animation for the character.
    @noctem93: I don't know what's causing the issue. Do you have a Steam or GoG version of the game? They have issues with mods and need this tool: Modmerge

@Mirenheart: The new patch changed the way how new animations are defined. Use the hotfix below until I release an update.
    Thanks @Pecca , I'll give that modmerge a shot. I should mention that I have the Steam version, though I don't know if that matters any.
    @Pecca - I'm an idiot. I installed the wrong version. LOL. Works just fine in BGEE and BG2EE now that I used the right one. Killer mod, BTW.
    Pecca
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    @Pecca - I've a strange problem with your mod since the release of SoD. I've used the modmerge utility to make my installation "compliant" with the usage of mods. After that, I've only installed your mod and the "Staff component" (whether it's the 7 or 14 choice) is causing the game to crash. If I remove only that specific part, the game can be launched without any problem.

Any idea what could cause this?
    @Kerthal: I uploaded a hotfix for that several posts above. Put that in your override before installing the mod.
    @Kerthal: sorry, not the "hotfix.rar" but the "tooltip.rar" further above.
    Kerthal
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    @Pecca - Thanks! ^^ I completly missed that tooltip fix.