Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    On 1920x1200 Inventory/Character screen fit the whole width, i.e. parts are below the left and right bar (which I know I can turn off with y/u), is that intended?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    @tortuosit: this mod is intended for unscaled interface. The screenshots in the OP show how it looks on 1920x1080 resolution.
    Ah, I forgot about the unscaled interface option. It's nice now.
  • Baeloth_JnrBaeloth_Jnr Member Posts: 86
    Not sure this has been reported, but this mod seems to break the white identification text (in builds prior to SOD it was a scroll) that shows when you hold the mouse pointer over a character and press the tab key (and shows uninjured, injured etc. during combat).
    @Baeloth_Jnr: It doesn't brake it for me. And I certainly didn't mess around with that. How exactly does it break it for you?
    edited April 2016
    @Pecca
    Just had a clean install of SOD. Identification text appeared ok.
    Then installed SoD Widescreen GUI (only) and that text does not appear.

EDIT: I should probably produce a screen shot to identify exactly what I mean, but I am not referring to the text that appears above a character when you hold down the tab key but the text that appears when you place the mouse pointer in the circle below a character and press the tab key.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    @Pecca suggest to change the code for pausing/unpausing on opening/closing the journal to check the pause status first, as often I am finding myself pausing manually then opening the journal which then unpauses the game (hope that makes sense).
    @Baeloth_Jnr: I think I understand that, but it looks normal to me.

@Mr2150: I can look into that.
    @Pecca
    That's interesting. The text for me (when it appears) appears way down screen and is unboxed. Maybe it is a Mac bug.
    In any case, I have uninstalled the GUI and the text has not reappeared, so I guess not related (although kinda bizzare).
    Hmm, it is possible that there are differences in UI.menu for different platforms, but cleaning the override should definitely fix that.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

@Pecca
    That's interesting. The text for me (when it appears) appears way down screen and is unboxed. Maybe it is a Mac bug.
    In any case, I have uninstalled the GUI and the text has not reappeared, so I guess not related (although kinda bizzare).

FYI Mac uses a slightly different rendering engine than PC (directX vs openGL I think), so I would not be surprised if it was a Mac only bug. I would just double check the bug is not in the base game.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Really? DirectX is a Microsoft API while OpenGL is a platform-agnostic API. I'd be surprised if Apple uses DX.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    DirectX is a Windows thing. Mac uses OpenGL or Metal.
    cmk24
  • Nocturnal_JesterNocturnal_Jester Member Posts: 7
    I LOVE this mod

It's fantastic

:)
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Any way to make this work for BG2EE?
    ValamirCleaverjackjack
    @GrimLefourbe: I plan to make BG2:EE tweaks eventually. It's a matter of creating new graphics and applying the code changes to UI.menu.
    mf2112jackjack
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 12
    Hello!
    Is it possible to do something about ui not allowing to scroll kit descriptions?
    this is only topic i have found that matches the issue
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49750/cant-scroll-kit-descriptions-to-read-the-entire-description

kinda a big problem if u ask me.Was just wondering is it possible to "fix" it via ui mod?
    @SomeoneElse: The class/kit description scrolls for me.
    edited April 2016
    I'm playing on a laptop with 1920x1200, the screen is pretty small for that resolution. I'd like to have the character screens etc. bigger, maybe like 1700 px width... is there an easy way to achieve this or would I have to resize background images etc...?
    I think a version which uses the whole space until the buttons (with maybe ~10px distance left and right), would be gold for some of us... the "small screen users"... :)

@SomeoneElse I think it is because you are not using the unscaled gui option!
    SomeoneElse
    @tortuosit: No exceptionally easy way, but I suppose that resizing background images in some editor, adjusting screen sizes in UI.menu (change all instances of "1357 756") and using F11 mode to expand on-screen elements is easy enough. :)
    Just tried it - Oh yes, the bigger part is placement of all elements in F11 mode...
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    Pecca, thank you very much for this mod. I would have preferred that your GUI was the default one instead of the one that shipped with the v2.0s. I was about to ask if you were planning a version that was compatible with BG2EE and then read your earlier response to GrimLefourbe. Once again, thank you very much.
    @Pecca - this is not quite the original aim of your mod, but a useful change I feel... When you are doing your next pass through the UI and looking for opportunities for improvement can you take a look at Beamdog's placement of DONE/CANCEL and similar buttons. I'm finding that sometimes DONE/CANCEL is on the left, sometimes on the right... the lack of consistency is frustrating meaning it's really easy to click the wrong one... also in stores STEAL is in a horribly position !
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2016
    @tortuosit you are right.. unscalled was problem
    @Mr2150: I don't think I've noticed. Can you give me an example?
    I've been changing them manually as I've noticed them but let me try...
    edited April 2016
    Some examples, plus my suggestion for the Steal button move...

Post edited by Mr2150 on
    I don't know. None of these seem wrong to me. The "cancel" buttons seem to always be on the left. The item description buttons are different buttons, that's why they are on the left/right from the "done" button. If you have an unidentified potion, it will display all three. "Steal" is also on a similar position it has always been (though there used to be an entire screen for stealing).
    edited April 2016

And the abilities window for ranged window has cancel and done which seems like overkill.
    Maybe it's just me... I'm adept enough to make changes for my taste as needed so it was just a suggestion.