Skip to content

Random Thoughts Playing Through BG1

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Autequi said:

Just ran into Nexlit and was taken aback when he/she didn't actually summon anything!

Ursa stole some of my kills, but I got to slaughter a whole xvart village, so it's ok!

Wow, did I just go through and slaughter a whole xvart village? That is cold-blooded.

It's best to think of it as a war-camp. After all there aren't any women and children there.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @Autequi

I love this thread. Best thread on the boards at the moment. Looking forward to hearing your continuing adventure.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    BillyYank said:

It's best to think of it as a war-camp. After all there aren't any women and children there.

It's hard to tell, with xvarts!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

Autequi said:

What abilities would the Oghma kit give you?

Hrm... well... the first ability would probably be Identify that you get more "free" casts of as you level, since that just simply makes sense for a priest of the god of knowledge.

I'll have to sleep on the second ability, see what comes to me.
    The Divine Remix mod has a pretty good Cleric of Oghma kit. The Lorekeeper gets lore points per level as a bard, and can memorize Identify and Oracle as cleric spells. He gets True Sight as a Cleric of Helm, and a Longsword of Oghma in special abilities, I think. (I don't remember all the exact details of how it works.) Shoot, now I want to use the mod and play a cleric of Oghma. I'll have to check up on compatibility with the EE's.
    Ok, I looked up Oghma on the Forgotten Realms wikia!

I don't know that I agree with True Sight and Oracle for this theme. Maybe Chaotic Commands and ... Sleep? :smile:

How if Oghma-ites get a version of Bard song or a toned-down Use Any Item?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Autequi said:

Last play session, my party ventured ever closer to the gnoll stronghold. As can be expected, we began encountering raiding parties.

Hah! I remember that happening on my gnome cleric/illusionist. The stupid gnoll kept getting stuck and wouldn't actually attack him. So I sic'd Minsc on him.

Almost felt sorry for the gnoll.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Autequi said:

Last play session, my party ventured ever closer to the gnoll stronghold. As can be expected, we began encountering raiding parties.

Personally, I think Garrick is underrated. He's got spells, he's got lore, and once he's got the Army Scythe and Whistling Sword he can easily turn gnolls into pincushions. Don't get me wrong, I know he's no tank. But, the more you send him into battle, the greater the chance you have to hear his hilarious soundbites.
  • znancekivellznancekivell Member Posts: 58
    This thread has only proven what I have known all along: Garrick is win.
    Well! Rude squirrel.
    Um... ok. *rolls with it*

Autequi said:

Aw, geez, no, you don't have to do that, don't give me your sad few pennies.....

Her allowance is 25 GOLD?!

That quest ends on a slightly more disturbing note if you have high enough Reputation and Charisma.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited April 2016

Autequi said:

Aw, geez, no, you don't have to do that, don't give me your sad few pennies.....

Her allowance is 25 GOLD?!

That quest ends on a slightly more disturbing note if you have high enough Reputation and Charisma.
    Yeah, I think this quest has three possible outcomes depending on where your rep is at. This one (the middle one) is actually the lamest.
    She says it's the "last" of her allowance. Drienne's ballin'.
    @JumboWheat01 @alceryes
    Ok, now I'm burning with curiosity. Don't tell me though!
    Had to look up what "ballin'" meant.
    At least we stole the rest of his kills.