Skip to content

Beta Test of 2.1 now available!

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
A beta build of the 2.1 update for BG:EE, BGII:EE and SoD is now available on an opt-in basis. Please note that these builds are a work in progress, and the fixes planned for inclusion may change. Issues to be addressed in this build include those listed in the Upcoming Patch Preview thread.

To participate in this beta, you must first have purchased the game on the platform you wish to test on. Note that purchasing on Beamdog gives you access to the PC and Mac versions, while purchasing on Steam or GoG gives you access to the PC, Mac, and Linux versions.

Steam: Opt in to the beta for PC, Mac, or Linux by installing the game using the Steam client, then doing the following:
  1. Right-click on the game, and choose Properties.
  2. Click on the Betas tab.
  3. Enter the beta access code for the game you are testing:
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition / Siege of Dragonspear - aeK4fiexKuz4voav
  • Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - zee5Ahgegoh4Ohgh
  • Click on "Check Code."
  • Under Select the Beta..., choose the option ending in "_beta" from the dropdown.
  • Click Close.
Beamdog: If you were part of the Road to 1.3 or 2.0, you will find the Beta products in your Beamdog client. Just download and go! If you don't have these, we'll let you know when we are adding new testers for the Beamdog versions.

GoG:: This beta will not be available on GoG, but we are investigating the possibility of supporting betas on GoG in the future.
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    After installing the beta (Steam and Beamdog client), both games do no longer work. I cannot launch them.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Beta game is working fine for me (Beamdog).
    edited April 2016
    That's strange - neither Steam or Beamdog version work.
    I will try to reinstall. *Sigh*
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I did do a clean install so that might be the difference.
    Nope. It still does not work.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    What happens when you try to launch them @Aedan is there a crash or pop-up, or just no action taken.

& have you tried a reboot, or a launch with your documents folder renamed give a different result?
    edited April 2016
    @Gate70
    Thank you very much for your assistance.
    I tried a reboot.
    I reinstalled both games.
    If I try to launch the games from the Beamdog client, nothing happens. They just do not start.
    If I try to launch them from the .exe, I get this message (it means that I cannot run them, even if I try as admin).

Note that both games are installed in this directory:
    C:\Gaming\BeamDog\Games
    I have this issue just with BG and BG2EE after installing the latest update; IWDEE runs fine.
    1.JPG 22.9K
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    What version of Windows are you running?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    & can you advise the full path of your documents folder too, e.g. mine is c:\users\richard\documents, specifically if there are any cyrillic/special characters such as è
    Thanks
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Just going to put this link here for future reference in case anyone else has a similar issue.
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.
    • You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
    • The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.
    • The file has been moved or deleted.
    • The file or shortcut is corrupt.
    • The file may be blocked by Windows.
    • Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.
    Instances of both Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and antivirus false alarms have been noted before. For now, at least, your best bet is to add an exception to the Baldur's Gate executable in your antivirus settings if you encounter this error.
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    I noticed a little bug that I don't know if it's reported. Nothing major:

1. Run the game.
    2. Load a savegame
    3. Open Options Menu and Quit Game.
    4. Select Return to Main Menu option.
    5. After Returning to Main Menu press the Quit Button.
    6. Game will ask if you want to quit the game (the Window that says that Boo will miss you).
    7. Pressing Cancel does nothing.

Just running the game and pressing the Quit Button doesn't ask anything, it just quits the game. So loading a game first is a needed step to reproduce the issue.

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Steam lists the beta as 2.0, but it correctly loads 2.1.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Is anyone else seeing the Golden Pantaloons not being imported? I thought it could be a problem because I had it inside a bag of holding so I moved it to my main inventory and created a new final save in SoD but still no pantaloons...
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    So when can we expect this patch to go live? I a beamdog version purchaser and I don't have access to beta versions but I put my playthrough on hold until first patch.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    Any info when's this going live? I thought it was 14th.
  • NomphosumusNomphosumus Member Posts: 14
    I think that the date wasnt oficial.. just an estimate some people said... but not sure. You can see the progress of the work here so you can do your own calculation.

http://redmine.beamdog.com/projects/external-bugs/roadmap
  • NomphosumusNomphosumus Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    They are closing now almost all bugs of the list so who knows... it looks like that patch is really close.
    Only 8 open as I post this. 126 closed bug reports.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    22139 and 22434-22436 will probably be hard to track down, though. The other ones are probably more trivial.
    My beta version is updating right now...
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    We are down to one!
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    I'm seeing all closed now!
    I just got the notification that 2.1 is live on Steam.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    She be updating now my good sirs/madams
    It's up at Beamdog, but I don't see it at GOG yet.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    We can't push things live on GOG, so there will always be a delay.
This discussion has been closed.