Skip to content

TEN sirenes interrupt rest at lighthouse in chapter 3?!

proghead3proghead3 Member Posts: 65
As primarily a paladin player, I've farmed a sirene or two in my day. I never recall seeing more than 6 (and that was post Candlekeep catacombs). Perhaps this change was made to stop people from farming the easy XP of one or a few sirenes.

Thankfully, my charname is an Inquisitor and Xan had sleep memorized. :)
[Deleted User]lolien

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Tresset
    This sounds familiar...
    TressetJuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Yeah, this is a known bug. If anyone wants a hotfix for it I could easily make one...
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Damn! I gotta remember that when I need a level boost. (hope they don't fix it)
    [Deleted User]Ardul[Deleted User]
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Wow, I've never seen so many - so lucky - NOT. Ah there is nothing like the handy sleep spell to get you out of trouble.

I wonder if you can pickpocket when they are sleeping and what happens if you don't succeed?
    proghead3
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    And that's when you realize your DM friend isn't really your friend and wants you beyond dead.
    CaptRoryZaferickelminsterlolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

Wow, I've never seen so many - so lucky - NOT. Ah there is nothing like the handy sleep spell to get you out of trouble.

I wonder if you can pickpocket when they are sleeping and what happens if you don't succeed?

How computer games create sex pests...
    lolien
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    This happened to me today. But I handed them there heads on a plate. Sorcerer charname, xan, and jaheira. Auto pause helps a lot. I cast web, jaheira cast entangle, and xan cast sleep, all at the same time. They never had a chance. After they were good and stuck, I skull trapped them to death. (lol phone auto corrected that to skull raped lol ).
    CaptRoryFinnTheHuman
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    I'm playing Core Rules and it seems many areas have lots of monsters once you get lvl 6 and have 6 party members compared to 1.3.

It should be pointed out that the original vanilla game had somewhat of an issue with this (the number of monsters was mostly relative to your party size if i recall correctly) and the number of enemies was toned down a bit in some areas in the EE versions (Gnoll Stronghold was noticeable).

Many people had a problem with this when they released the EE, forum was exploding with fans complaining about it saying that the soul of the original game was that it was hard and so on. Overall I always thought the change was reasonable since it made the game less frustrating and friendlier to newcomers.

I think they somewhat restored this in a way, probably? It would make sense if they did it according to the game difficulty you choose, I wouldn't know what happens in Beginner, nor do I care enough to test it. The game is not to be played below Core as far as I am concerned :D
    Post edited by Quique on
    ThacoBell
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    Well at least that should get you about as much XP as any single other thing in the game...
  • OUT51D3ROUT51D3R Member Posts: 20
    After reading this thread, I deliberately triggered this random encounter on my solo play through. At the time, I was a Thief 7(Dual classed from 7 Kensai), and I was roughly 20k short of level 8(and thus unlocking my previous class). So I figured this would be a fun way to get it relatively quickly.

And it was definitely fun going ninja on them. Sneaking around, looking for stragglers that split off from the pack. Quickly backstabbing and trying to finish before another one detected me. I'm looking forward to more fights like this!